• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us Part 2's Shannon Woodward on Playing Dina and Working with Naughty Dog

squarealex

It's not natural. And I doubt Abby has access to the drugs given its an apocalypse.

Even if it were a male I'd say it was steroids. You can see her muscles are showing even without flexing. Not natural for muscles.
After all, a 50yo men can exterminate all groups (flyerfiles, boston guys, cannibal, predators and cie..). and it's natural.
But a woman body stereoids... it's fucking non sense apocalypse

Last edited:

VulcanRaven

Hiring another actress for Dina's face was really unnecessary. I guess Shannon was simply too good looking to be featured as herself in the game? Or maybe her nose wasn't the correct shape? ;)
I don't think anyone in the game looks like their voice actor.

I'm shocked no one in here would smash Cascina

Nice long black hair to grab on to
cd6af0b7d25465e43e3b4de8d187028e3c36b4c7.gifv

She has quite a decent size rack too.

Don't you think that some make up, a cute dress and haircut wouldn't make these women at least normal looking?! (Except mel, that bitch is ugly as fuck)
The females in the outer world are basically mutants in comparison :lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Sounds to me like you got low standards. Even 2 kilos of makeup wont make those bitches look anything but drag at best.

Blond

Banned
Well since Druckmann isn't hiding the reasons behind the casting choices might as well join the fun... oh sorry, that's not allowed at Naughty Dog anymore.
You know exactly what the fuck I’m talking about. The fact her character was Jewish and a Jewish person was cast for that purpose is no different than any other role you can think of. Why for some reason this is bad because of said ethnicity is beyond me.

Honestly I don’t even know why I come to gaming most days, most threads end up getting derailed with 4chan level post and filled with some of the most disgusting behavior that makes me often think SJWs might be right about certain thing’s and that’s even worse than these literal shit post.

Jon Neu

Banned
Apparently Cuckmann wanted to make the fact that Dina is jewish and it's from the judaism faith as something relatively important, so he wanted someone who resembled jewish/mediterranean.

I don't see how that is a bad thing? I mean, Cuckmann himself is jewish.

By the way, Dina was mentored into judaism by her older sister, who was actually atractive.

ef2147f5d60d357717c98a4ad93f29d5.jpg

But she died offscreen, as the rest of the attractive women in the world of TLOU2.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
There's not a single hot woman in the game and somehow all women are strong independent women who need no men.

It really makes you think.
Aye it makes you think who the fuck would honestly expect to find "hot" women in a post apocalyptic landscape... Seriously dude?? Are you that thirsty for a babe in a fucking game that realistically portrays a world gone to shit? Nobody making fucking lipstick and no woman got time for that shit trying to keep from being ate or raped, everybody trying to survive to the next day cept this cunt wondering where all the 10's went.... Jesus wept...

Jon Neu

Banned
Aye it makes you think who the fuck would honestly expect to find "hot" women in a post apocalyptic landscape... Seriously dude?? Are you that thirsty for a babe in a fucking game that realistically portrays a world gone to shit? Nobody making fucking lipstick and no woman got time for that shit trying to keep from being ate or raped, everybody trying to survive to the next day cept this cunt wondering where all the 10's went.... Jesus wept...

If you tried to be realistic, then ugly women would be the ones to die first while hot women would be protected and provided by the stronger males, ergo would have FAR more chances at surviving and procreate. That's basic evolutive biology.

In the world of TLOU, women wouldn't try to ate or prevent from being raped, because that would mean they are alone, and a woman alone has literally no chances of surviving in a world without rules. They would simply throw themselves at the strongest male they can find because that would be by far their strongest chance at survival and the survival of their genes.

But Cuckmann wants his SJW fanservice of ugly strong independent women who need no men, so he writes fiction that has no basis in reality instead for the sake of getting off at the SJW fantasy/feminist utopia.

And that's why is weird that people like you try to come with "realistic" arguments for the sake of defending something so unrealistic.

Last edited:
It’s also that the general aesthetic and art direction of TLOU is not one where picture perfect people are the main characters. It’s a grimy and gritty realistic direction and the people look dirty and more realistic.

The most sjw statement the games make are that “different types of people exist”. The game is not awash with look how badass women are. Unless simply having capable women is an offense to you. It is not about how much better women are or some other nonsense.

That said I thought Dina was a bad character. Her relationship with Ellie was stupid to me. One moment she’s doing cute flirting the next she’s Ellie’s rude or die chick. Risking her life and others on a revenge quest she has no stake in. Their relationship never felt real and they never had much chemistry. She just came off as a forced love interest.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
If you tried to be realistic, then ugly women would be the ones to die first while hot women would be protected and provided by the stronger males, ergo would have FAR more chances at surviving and procreate. That's basic evolutive biology.

In the world of TLOU, women wouldn't try to ate or prevent from being raped, because that would mean they are alone, and a woman alone has literally no chances of surviving in a world without rules. They would simply throw themselves at the strongest male they can find because that would be by far their strongest chance at survival and the survival of their genes.

But Cuckmann wants his SJW fanservice of ugly strong independent women who need no men, so he writes fiction that has no basis in reality instead for the sake of getting off at the SJW fantasy/feminist utopia.

And that's why is weird that people like you try to come with "realistic" arguments for the sake of defending something so unrealistic.

Listen to fucking mad Max here with his years of experience living in a nitemare post apocalyptic hellhole... Or as us Europeans call it.. America ;-) (take a joke youse cunts)

Mate you're really showing your fucking neckbeard credentials with that post, look I'm sorry for the sleggin but c'mon.. it's a fucking game AND it's an accurately portrayed one at that and women like men come in all shapes and sizes and as for this "ugly" shite you keep banding around as a description for women in a hellscape environment it's fucking sad and all it makes me think is you want to be running around with some big titty anime girl.

You've watched too many movies and thought to yourself aye I'll be king of my castle and round up all the pretty ones whereas the rest of us adults would be thinking how the fuck do we keep from being eaten, how the fuck do I protect my family and as for the women, well m8 I don't know about the snowflakes you fantasize about but the women I know would be the ones running the fucking shop, Irish girls take no shit and God help the sad cunt looking to fill his harreem....

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
It’s also that the general aesthetic and art direction of TLOU is not one where picture perfect people are the main characters. It’s a grimy and gritty realistic direction and the people look dirty and more realistic.

The most sjw statement the games make are that “different types of people exist”. The game is not awash with look how badass women are. Unless simply having capable women is an offense to you. It is not about how much better women are or some other nonsense.

That said I thought Dina was a bad character. Her relationship with Ellie was stupid to me. One moment she’s doing cute flirting the next she’s Ellie’s rude or die chick. Risking her life and others on a revenge quest she has no stake in. Their relationship never felt real and they never had much chemistry. She just came off as a forced love interest.

Dina was a so so character imo, whilst there relationship wasn't the most accurately portrayed again you have to take it into the context of the environment and the people within it AND the bit that everyone seems to forget... fit the narrative of the game and exist to push the game forward, it is a game afterall so hers characters motives and action whilst not being the most realistic still for me fitted perfectly fine within the game and I had no problems with her or her realationship with a broken Ellie, my fav character was Abbey but that makes me some sort of purple haired SJW apparently...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Even if we entertain the batshit insane notion of this theory and follow the neckbeard train of thought for fun, you're forgetting that A. the hotness scale in society at large is off-balance anyway, i.e 7/10 men will settle for 5/10 women etc. and that B. in the post-apocalypse, many of the things that make women "conventionally hot" are gone - no make up, no salons, no designer swimsuits, not much grooming etc.

Subjective. I think the person they had as Dina's face is fucking sexy as hell, its all subjective.
She is sensual, attractive, but not hot.

This is not as subjective as you seem to think, what humans percieve as beauty has strick rules across cultures and populations, even if there are surface differences.

yurinka

Since we're at the just messing around phase of the conversation, I want to show you what Ellie and Abby would look like with longer hair and/or makeup:

EcIADC7X0AE7BT8.jpg

96tdc10crb561.jpg

EcQd-N0XkAERg1s.jpg

EbZGXY7WAAMscVn.jpg
Wow, they look way prettier. Even Abby looks good

Here's the body model for Abby, Colleen Fotsch:
Looks like a normal female body builder. I think Abby's body model was Abigail from Street Fighter V:

abigail-sfv-render-artwork.jpg

You are forgetting a tiny thing.

A woman can never be this shredded naturally. It's just against biology.

Male Mma fighters doesn't look that buffed. Gina Carano doesn't look that buffed.

It's not natural. And I doubt Abby has access to the drugs given its an apocalypse.

Even if it were a male I'd say it was steroids. You can see her muscles are showing even without flexing. Not natural for muscles.
Sure, a woman can't be that jacked without drugs and all these years after the apocalypse they shouldn't have drugs. But c'mon, it's a videogame. Doesn't need to be 100% realistic.

There are plenty of medieval games with super jacked characters or female bodies with giant silicon boobs, bikini armors and nobody cared about that. Devs just make whatever they like, what they think it's cool for them and their players. And then the players are free to buy it or not.

In this case they wanted to make an ugly trans friendly super jacked female with no boobs because their religion tells them that to include females in games who look attractive to straight males is something bad. Let the SJW artists do whatever they want with their own characters.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Wow, they look way prettier. Even Abby looks good

Looks like a normal female body builder. I think Abby's body model was Abigail from Street Fighter V:

abigail-sfv-render-artwork.jpg

Sure, a woman can't be that jacked without drugs and all these years after the apocalypse they should have drugs.

But c'mon, it's a videogame. Doesn't need to be 100% realistic. There are plenty of middle-age games with super jacked characters or female bodies with giant silicon boobs and nobody cared about that. Devs just make whatever they like. In this case they wanted to make an ugly trans friendly super jacked female with no boobs because their religion tells them that to include females in games who look attractive to straight male is something bad. Let the SJW artists do whatever they want with their own characters.
If everyone was as diplomatic and understanding as you then the game would probably never have been this controversially received.

People were laughing at how buffed she was, that it's not possible biological, while SJWs were yes they can don't be a nazi bigot.

Besides the crappy story the biggest controversy about the game were Abby which was proportioned as a joke by Druckmann and his crew.

Last edited:

NahaNago

For a second there I agreed with you but women get protected period in most civilizations. You aren't going to send the ugly women to fight before the men do. Plus it is the apocalypse so I'm pretty sure men will have sex with just about anyone. I think you underestimate how much men can lower their standards for women when they don't have many options.

yurinka

If everyone was as diplomatic and understanding as you then the game would probably never have been this controversially received.

People were laughing at how buffed she was, that it's not possible biological, while SJWs were yes they can don't be a nazi bigot.

Besides the crappy story the biggest controversy about the game were Abby which was proportioned as a joke by Druckmann and his crew.
I can understand some thisty devs can do sjw stuff to see if they get laid, or that some people can think Abby has a good character design, or even think she looks cool or attractive.

I wouldn't (as they publicly mentioned) have uglied the characters on purpose, I think the face actress for Dina and Abby are pretty and would have been ok to include them as they are, with their body and their face, in the game. And Dina's actress has more boobs, I wouldn't have remove the boobs from all characters. They made that to don't make them attractive for straight males and the same time to make them 'trans friendly' (maybe ignoring that trans prefer to have boobs).

jocelyn-mettler-1981537.jpg

23372dca60841d48e22315feaa263e4e.jpg

But in any case, it's their artistic choice and even if I don't agree their taste and decision, I respect them. If I have a problem with the game more than that is what they did with the (beloved) main white male character and replacing him with that new awful character, and to do it (again, on purpose as they publicly mentioned) in a way that you hate the new character because they did it in a way that you didn't empathize/like her.

They later (poorly) introduce the character and try to make you like the character, but you don't care about that because it's in a flashback the middle of a cliffhanger that you want it to end to see what happens next. And well, you hate her for what she did, so you don't like her. And they also introduce her gang, a ton of poorly designed empty characters who are basically there as tokenism just to say they are very inclusive and represent everybody. And well, to make you think 'oh, good guys aren't that good and bad guys aren't that bad, there are greys' as if you were a kid. But hey, that falk screams 'pendejo' every 2 minutes to make sure you get he's a latino.

Then they try to make a bad rip-off of the Joel and Ellie couple to replace them but without the magic their relationship had. Just because in their weird mind they think white males are something bad or wrong and they must replace them with a sjw friendly version. But hey, you were playing the game because you liked the chemistry between Joel and Ellie and that was the key of the previous one so you bought TLOU2 because you wanted to see more of their story. Instead of giving that they put you an ugly super jacked woman and a trans kid (I liked this character) but you don't give a shit about them because their story is boring and you want it to end because you want to see what happens after the cliffhanger and the game is already twice as long as the first TLOU was so it's getting too long.

I think the game would have been way better by making the filler part shorter, like the half of it was, and would have put it outside a cliffhanger. I would have introduced Abby and his gang before what she does to Joel and outside the cliffhanger. I would have given Joel a more epic and open ended ending (throw him down a cliff or something). I would have ended the game before Ellie leaves the farming house and would have left what happens after for a DLC. I wouldn't have uglified the female characters and would have tried to make the new characters more charismatic giving them time with more meaningful stuff and would have deleted some other ones who doesn't add anything and are just tokenism filler material.

The game and its story would have been essentially the same, some people would still be pissed off, but way more people would have liked it.

Mister Wolf

Here's the body model for Abby, Colleen Fotsch:

Screen_Shot_2019-11-26_at_1.53.01_PM.png

colleenfotsch-2220903261488032576-248x310.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

77cafeefbd4d0ca8d52288707da9fa29.jpg

With Abby living inside of a football stadium with full on equipment/gym(and possible supplements around) and with the help of good genes it might, might be possible for her to get this jacked.

No woman having shoulders like that without dosing testosterone. I don't know why its hard for you people to understand women can barely build and certainly not large amounts of muscle due to lack of testosterone and high levels of estrogen. Men and women are not the same no matter how much the mentally ill try to push their agenda. Even men with naturally low levels of "T" but certainly more than a woman struggle to get "jacked" amongst other things like low energy and sexual dysfunction.

Last edited:
J

JeremyEtcetera

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

You guys have to make a better habit of at least reading through all of page 1 before letting a post early on stop you in your tracks.

A woman can't get that big with just protein powder.

And the protein powder would have been expired years and years ago. No protein powder or roids can survive more than the 20 years that have passed since the outbreak day, especially not in a post-apocalyptic world.

And those people rationalized food (one burrito per meal) imagine if they had "suplements", a woman wouldn't be possible to acces them in the first place when there are so many male soldiers that would take much more advantage from them than any woman.

As far as I can tell, all the studies examining the efficacy of whey based protein powders deal with product that is already opened. The primary issue is that whey is made from milk and exposure to air and moisture can cause it to spoil eventually. However, according to the USDA, powdered milk if stored in its original packaging unopened will last indefinitely. So I think it's reasonable to infer that unopened whey based protein powders will last indefinitely as well.

Clearly there are guys in that universe that are built so there must be something special in that one burrito if they look like that. Also your comment of men getting first dibs is just speculation. You have no idea how stuff is rationed out in that universe. Furthermore, she is an important person in her organization, so if there is a rationing system in place, so she would get priority over others.

DavidGzz

You are forgetting a tiny thing.

A woman can never be this shredded naturally. It's just against biology.

Male Mma fighters doesn't look that buffed. Gina Carano doesn't look that buffed.

Lol, natural male lifters make her look tiny. Muscles only show when you're flexing? I'm standing pretty relaxed in my avy. I do agree that that size isn't achievable for women, however. Not without steroids.

As far as females and their looks, in a post apocalyptic world you'll be hard pressed to find naturally beautiful women. You all are judging women based on girls you see every day with a bunch of makeup and nice clothing.

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
As far as I can tell, all the studies examining the efficacy of whey based protein powders deal with product that is already opened.

Most studies are about expiry date since production, the protein powder you buy already has an expiration date on it.

And we are talking about mere protein powder, which is not enough for a woman to be as big as Abby.

Clearly there are guys in that universe that are built

Men can get reasonably big naturally, women just can't.

Also your comment of men getting first dibs is just speculation.

Not at all, men being physically stronger than women is a fact. Why would you waste your suplements on a woman when you can get far more from them giving them to men?

In a world in which your life is at stake, I doubt they would care about political correctness or feminist quotas.

SLB1904

Banned
Not at all, men being physically stronger than women is a fact. Why would you waste your suplements on a woman when you can get far more from them giving them to men?

In a world in which your life is at stake, I doubt they would care about political correctness or feminist quotas.

To know that you need to play the game. You at it again. Full of opinions on something you know nothing about.

Jon Neu

Banned
To know that you need to play the game. You at it again. Full of opinions on something you know nothing about.

I have completed the game in it's entirety 2 times, but sadly doesn't have much replayability value so far (I have played the shit out of Uncharted 4, though).

I'm waiting for the PS5 version and the Factions multiplayer.

Also, I hope there is a DLC (with Joel as the playable character). Yeah, I know Cuckmann said there wasn't any plans for a DLC, but after how he mislead everybody with the trailers, it's safe to assume you can't trust him.

EDMIX

but not hot
To you maybe, but to me she is hot, its almost as if such a thing is subject to change based on user by user.....hmnmmmmm

This is not as subjective

Oh its by default subjective. Its why I think she is hot and you don't. You guys literally fucking telling me you are now angry that other people have different opinions to the fucking point of now saying someone being attractive is now not a subjective thing but a factual thing?

Holy fuck buddy, give it a rest. You going to now tell me what I like and don't like? Are you going to eat my food and tell me what is good or not too or? You going to tell me who to marry too?

Top Bottom