• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last of Us 2 - videogamedunkey

martino

At least someone that sees Abby act is SW7 of tlou
same feeling the overall is still great even if i still have difficulty with ND pacing 4/5 for me too
i will to try the game in another difficulty to play with it (because survivor is not about experimentation and use lot of resources)

Last edited:

Guilty_AI

I'm more curious about yathzee's review.
Dunkey is really good at analysing games from the gameplay/presentation perspective, but not very good in terms of its story.

He review it on gamer's perspective meanwhile on story is okay due i guess his old tlou mostly doesnt care about the chars or doesnt have lingering attachments of the past on 1 but still joking that golf club

RedVIper

Banned
I'm more curious about yathzee's review.
Dunkey is really good at analysing games from the gameplay/presentation perspective, but not very good in terms of its story.

If I remember correctly he didn't think the first one was a masterpiece like most people.

Guilty_AI

If I remember correctly he didn't think the first one was a masterpiece like most people.
I believe he'll have a similar opinion to this one. A "fine" serviceable game that isn't horrible but definitely isn't a masterpiece of storytelling either.

Bryank75

Banned
He is right.. if you can stick with it and reach the ending it all comes together for the most part. The issue is that many will find it so distasteful that they will just stop playing or be turned off for the rest of the game.

As he said, the story is not as tight as the first and has some plotholes and flaws in how characters act, just so they fulfill their part in the narrative.

HappyConsoleGamer also really enjoyed the game.

People are going to have to come to terms that nearly everyone gave this game their honest opinion, there is no conspiracy....

Last edited:
I'll watch it when I'm done, too many hidden spoilers in videos where they are not supposed to be... and well, I love how the game feels when you are staking the ennemies, trying to remain in hiding not to waste ressources (even if I play on normal and well, I am above normal... but not quite the survivor type, so I may need to get gud so I can hang out with you guys some more).

pawel86ck

Banned
Good review. I dont understand haters, but IMHO game is even better than TLOU1. Amazing story (emotional rollercoaster) and long gameplay, amazing graphics, amazing atmosphere, amazing combat, amazing sound and music (especially Ellie guitar scenes). TLOU1 was already 10/10 from me, and TLOU2 is even better.

yeeeeeezy

Banned
nice video, I laughed out loud a couple times. What does he mean at the end when he says "Shut the fuck up, Leafy"?

Hope you're being sarcastic

No, how Abby looks is so important any review leaving that part out is invalid, also how can he go for 7 minutes and not once mention bigot sandwiches? He's not even TRYING to defend the things people are most upset about! Does he not realize these things are very upsetting?

MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima
46544u.jpg

Reindeer

Can't take this guy seriously after he comes up with the same old dumb narrative that people dislike the game because Joel gets killed early, smh. No, they dislike it because Joel was made to act completely out of character for that to happen and the dozens of other stupid things in the plot. This whole argument that "you dislike the game because you're attached to characters" is insulting to intelligence of anyone who realises that even a fifth grader could have easily come up with a much better plot.

Last edited by a moderator:

jadefire66

Because it would be puerile to mention it. Grow up.

?

Can't take this guy seriously after he comes up with the same old dumb narrative that people dislike the game because Joel gets killed early, smh. No, they dislike it because Joel was made to act completely out of character for that to happen and the dozens of other stupid things in the plot. This whole argument that "you dislike the game because you're attached to characters" is insulting to intelligence of anyone who realises that even a fifth grader could have easily come up with a much better plot.

Yeah he also didn't mention the atrocious writing. Probably because he can't tell how bad it is. Does he seriously think that if Joel wasn't killed there, everything would be fine?

Last edited:

Honestly the people rationalizing it as "MUH JOEL WOULD NEVER DO THIS" sound worse than the people simply emotional over it.

Top Bottom