• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last Gamer - Nintendo Meltdown

Kreen101

Been following Joel for quite some time now. Pretty interesting video on how stern to downright nasty some of these companies can be in the social media sphere.

Pretty hilarious insight to how these “influencers” that are given review products, literally follow a script as well. Cringe.

Wow one of the influencers he knocks is Canadian legend Victor Lucas, who has been covering video games for like 30 years (and who still looks like he is 20 despite being like 50). My man Vic tells it like it is in his reviews, he’s no paid shill.

MagnesG

Banned
The said "guidelines" are believeable, but how dumb could you be to release a video about an unreleased console before street date, and expect nothing of it?

bender

What time is it?
Are all Australians this polite? While his intro has a little too much Tolkien influence for my tastes, subscribed. I also don't get wanting Nintendo to compete with Sony/Microsoft from a power perspective, it just never works out for them. Nintendo are dicks when it comes to Youtube.

Fun Fact: I've never used my Switch as a handheld and only used the Joycons on launch day.

Last edited:

Solarstrike

Please refer all complaints to Nintendo Customer Support.

WEXQ.gif

Even though this Last gamer dude sounds like good people, I'm honestly done with going by various people's opinion about some specific game product. Especially, the gaming media. Its best to evaluate that for oneself.

Youtubers with a genuine opinion and open minded view on games are becoming a dime in a dozen ever since corps realised they could be used to steer decisions and habits.

Last edited:
Great video, I subscribed, but Nintendo had every right to request only reviews of the physical console in terms of look and design before release. This guy has absolutely no basis for his point here but I love him and his son so I'll be a fan from here on out.

TriSuit666

Banned
In his last video on story mode, he mentioned that a guy from Norway got in contact with him and wanted to buy the whole collection as he was planning to open up a museum. The offer was pretty good going by what Joel had mentioned.

Given that there have been no new videos since it seems like he may have sold off. Can't blame him if he did, but it would be good to know what's happening as it's been left on a cliffhanger without any indication when we'll find out what's happening.

He released a new video this morning. Yeah, he's done.

Dazrael

His was never a gaming channel, it was all about the DIY. There was hardly any gaming content in his entire “journey”, just the foibles of continually moving, renovating and tweaking his house. All he will be doing is bringing his DIY to an end and apparently this means wrapping up his gaming “journey”.

By the time the DIY finishes and he could become an actual gaming channel he ends it. The gaming was just a front for his real interest I think.

So, this is not about NCL? So he should have put the branch in the title.

Plus, I tried to watch, but he showed some non NIntendo games, so I lost interest.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Can't we replace the term "influencer" with Marketing Stooge?

I mean, the shoe fits because that's precisely how they are being used.

SegaManAU

Gold Member
I really enjoyed the last gamer. I'm actually a little sad that it's ending but family always comes first.

The amount of different useable, real world skills this guy has would be remarkable for your average Joe, let alone someone with the biggest game collection in the world

SegaManAU

Gold Member
The amount of different useable, real world skills this guy has would be remarkable for your average Joe, let alone someone with the biggest game collection in the world

Yeah, it's pretty insane.

There is going to be another episode so hopefully, we can finally get an update on the Virtua Formula machine!

Top Bottom