• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Large Hadron Collider revs up to unprecedented energy level

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Everything around it is going to taste purple and then a portal to another dimension is going to open.

Animated GIF

Dream-Knife

Banned
Lot of weird stuff with this place. Their logo has 666 in it, and they have a statue of Shiva out front, which come employees did some death ritual a few years back.

I do think the alternate timeline at 2012 is possible. People today are literally insane.

Get ready to see black hole on earth

I hope they know what they doing because war in Ukraine will be small baby compared to this
Not enough energy.

Does that mean the LHC will make black holes? Not necessarily, Choptuik says. The Planck energy is a quintillion times higher than the LHC's maximum. So the only way the LHC might make black holes is if, instead of being three dimensional, space actually has more dimensions that are curled into little loops too small to be detected except in a high-energy particle collision. Predicted by certain theories, those extra dimensions might effectively lower the Planck energy by a huge factor. "I would be extremely surprised if there were a positive detection of black-hole formation at the accelerator," Choptuik says. Physicists say that such black hole would harmlessly decay into ordinary particles.

Last edited:

Zeroing

Banned
Maybe we can be warped into a better timeline?
Nah, the time lines have merged! I did came from the future to warm all of you but nobody listened!

Chicken will start tasting different that’s when you know the end is near!!!

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Something must of happend because what we are seeing in society today is anything but normal.

Nothing to do with another reality. since 2012 social media usage exploded. That's the answer.

Anyway, really excited it's back up and running. Hopefully we'll get answers to some huge questions, such as why antimatter is scarce etc.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Nah, the time lines have merged! I did came from the future to warm all of you but nobody listened!

Chicken will start tasting different that’s when you know the end is near!!!
Like what ? Like Tuna?

Chicken it’s like the Tuna of the land

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Lot of weird stuff with this place. Their logo has 666 in it, and they have a statue of Shiva out front, which come employees did some death ritual a few years back.

I do think the alternate timeline at 2012 is possible. People today are literally insane.

The logo is a stylized version of particle collision mappings.

SP4EBXi.jpg

The "death ritual" was a prank video. No one was actually sacrificed.

Get that low energy conspiracy shit out of here.

Last edited:

You do know Shiva isn't a Demon lol? Also that was a prank video.

I wish someone could explain to me the benefits of this research in layman's terms. What results did the previous runs yield, and how has it helped/what has it revealed to scientists? Something like this requires an insane amount of funding and energy, and just like Boston Dynamics, I feel like there's something else about their goals in the long run they're not telling the masses (not occult or anything, more like how it might be harnessed as a superweapon, or used by the government in some way).

Never seen it, don't particularly care to either. All I'm saying is that the logic of extremely talented and rich physicists conducting a "death ritual prank video" like they're Youtubers, does not hold up.
People pull pranks all the time. It's funny how it's out in the open. That video is fake

YukiOnna

I don't trust them. I've played enough Steins;Gate and read enough conspiracy theories to know where this might go.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Never seen it, don't particularly care to either. All I'm saying is that the logic of extremely talented and rich physicists conducting a "death ritual prank video" like they're Youtubers, does not hold up.
Some of the funniest people are literal MENSA level geniuses! What? Because they're professionals, they can't do something for fun? Even silly fun? You must not know many highly intelligent people...

MadAnon

You actually think there's only scientists working there? And you do realise there's tons of students from all over the world going through internships there each year? They have entire programs dedicated to it. Bright students have no sense of humor? It's a funny troll job because conspiracy lunatics were making all kinds of theories about CERN being some demon summoning, portal opening machine. They were also all over the Shiva statue being the sign of sinister goals. Those who made that fake ritual knew exactly what they were doing and conspiracy lunatics ate it all up.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Boris leaving so perhaps better timeline confirmed.

Not talking politics as such just that he is leaving so that’s cool

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Your argument would work IF it was funny, but a fake death ritual isn't funny. Especially not funny to people who believe in God, it comes off as insulting and makes me think of these "scientists" as smug. Also, can you really blame the conspiracy theorists? These physicists are playing with things they don't fully understand, AND no one was asked whether or not it should be done. For example no vote was held for the common people whether or nor these experiments should be done, these "scientists" are unilaterally doing potentially world-ending things. I can see how people would think they're demon-summoners or whatever.
could-should.jpg

Top Bottom