• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald's 60fps patch for Bloodborne is released.

ethomaz

Banned
Last edited:

Umbral

Burn the OP!!!!!
maxresdefault.jpg

Justin9mm

It's pretty sad that the gaming community has expressed so strongly a want for 60fps Bloodborne which has gone completely ignored and this is how far its gotten lol

Last edited:

Umbral

It's pretty sad that the gaming community has expressed so strongly a want for 60fps Bloodborne which has gone completely ignored and this is how far its gotten lol
There’s no way Sony doesn’t know how beloved Bloodborne is, especially Shuhei, so I believe they are working on something bigger than just a 60fps patch.

If Sony or From don’t handle this shit I will eventually stoop to this. I don’t want to, it’s annoying that I would have to, but I’ve got a PS4 Pro sitting around unused.

Cancel Horizon 2 and put the remaining money you were going to use into patching Bloodborne to 4K/60.
Why the hell would they have to cancel horizon 2?

Sad sony cant do this, im guessing team have moved on, dont want go back, as there is no money in it.

Last edited:
I figured it would be money better spent. Can’t think of another Sony game off the top of my head that would be a good sacrifice.
I’m sorry that’s laughable what with horizon being one of the best new ip’s introduced last gen that has a huge fanbase already,sold incredibly well and the sequel is one of the most hyped games coming up.

Umbral

I’m sorry that’s laughable what with horizon being one of the best new ip’s introduced last gen that has a huge fanbase already,sold incredibly well and the sequel is one of the most hyped games coming up.
Yes, Horizon: Zero Dawn was a very popular game. I enjoyed it for the most part. Art direction, very good. Story, pretty good. Gameplay, below average. Hype or popularity does not signify quality.

I would kill ten Horizon 2’s for a Bloodborne 4K/60 patch.

Last edited:
Sony just needs to do everyone a favor and release a goddamn PC port already. Preferably by a proper port studio and not farmed out to some busted chop shop like Horizon.

Yes, Horizon: Zero Dawn was a very popular game. I enjoyed it for the most part. Art direction, very good. Story, pretty good. Gameplay, below average. Hype or popularity does not signify quality.

A true shame Guerilla didn't initially credit the artist responsible for the entire look of the robodinos. Total scumbag studio.

Hudo

Can Excel run video games now?
What does Excel have to do with running video games? It's not an OS. Unless you mean via its VBA interpreter, then the answer is: Yeah, but not Bloodborne, unless you manage to rewrite it in Basic.

rofif

Banned
✅Modded PS4
✅Decrypt Bloodborne YOURSELF
✅Tons of work and time
✅Deceptive title
All that for 720p on already pretty aliased game..
Not worth it. 30fps in bloodborne is the most responsive 30fps I've played. For example, 30fps in new demon's souls is not as fast

Umbral

A true shame Guerilla didn't initially credit the artist responsible for the entire look of the robodinos. Total scumbag studio.
What’s that about? Did they plagiarize?
What does Excel have to do with running video games? It's not an OS. Unless you mean via its VBA interpreter, then the answer is: Yeah, but not Bloodborne, unless you manage to rewrite it in Basic.
the simpsons nerd GIF

I would never ever call the gameplay below average matter of fact it has some of the best combat in a action rpg game. The melee was the only weak link that I hope they improve in the sequel even if melee was absolutely not the focus of the game. The amount of traps and arrow types that lead to great strategic battles against the machines was amazing and I can’t wait to see what new machines the sequel cooks up.

Umbral

I would never ever call the gameplay below average matter of fact it has some of the best combat in a action rpg game. The melee was the only weak link that I hope they improve in the sequel even if melee was absolutely not the focus of the game. The amount of traps and arrow types that lead to great strategic battles against the machines was amazing and I can’t wait to see what new machines the sequel cooks up.
We have different standards then. I didn’t say it was bad, but I don’t think it was great. It had its moments here and there. Perhaps below average was a little too harsh, I don’t know. It never enters my mind when I think of my favorite games to play. It gets the job done but nothing more.
That’s a real shame. Soils the good guy Guerrilla Games image a bit. Ten more Horizon 2’s will be sacrificed in his honor.

The amount of work they put into the engine shines in Sekiro.

If they could take the source code, import the updated Sekiro engine, remove the red/blue filter, push to 1440p60 and add a little AA the internet would very literally explode. PS5 would be out of stock until 2023.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck

Umbral

source-consider.gif

👆

👆

Why do you believe that? I want to believe that, help me believe.
Shuhei made amends with his initial dismissal of Demon’s Souls by having Bluepoint do the remake. Shuhei knows exactly how much Bloodborne is loved because he loves it too. I remember watching him play through the chalice dungeons on Twitch. Shuhei and I’m sure others at Sony don’t look at sales as the sole reason to do something, even though Bloodborne sold pretty well. Some of them understand that quality will not always hit with everyone. Look at what they did with The Last Guardian. They got it done knowing they sunk a lot of time and money into it and it wouldn’t light up the charts like CoD.

That’s the best I have.

Last edited:
We have different standards then. I didn’t say it was bad, but I don’t think it was great. It had its moments here and there. Perhaps below average was a little too harsh, I don’t know. It never enters my mind when I think of my favorite games to play. It gets the job done but nothing more.

That’s a real shame. Soils the good guy Guerrilla Games image a bit. Ten more Horizon 2’s will be sacrificed in his honor.
They did patch in his name and others to their credit. But the fact that a patch was needed is some shameful shit. Guess if a game reviews well enough, the press don't want to cover stuff like this.

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
Shuhei made amends with his initial dismissal of Demon’s Souls by having Bluepoint do the remake. Shuhei knows exactly how much Bloodborne is loved because he loves it too. I remember watching him play through the chalice dungeons on Twitch. Shuhei and I’m sure others at Sony don’t look at sales as the sole reason to do something, even though Bloodborne sold pretty well. Some of them understand that quality will not always hit with everyone. Look at what they did with The Last Guardian. They got it done knowing they sunk a lot of time and money into it and it wouldn’t light up the charts like CoD.

That’s the best I have.
They also had an 11.5 year gap between demon's souls original release and the ps5 version. Bloodborne remaster coming Holiday 2026?

Top Bottom