• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald's 60fps patch for Bloodborne is released.

Bartski

Gold Member
Lance McDonald's homemade 60 fps patch for Bloodborne is out and free for everyone.

FEB 9, 2021 AT 8:14 AM
Bloodborne 60fps Homebrew Patch Release
I have build a utility that, when applied to a copy of Bloodborne v1.09 (the latest update), will modify the game engine in a way that allows most of the gameplay logic to run at arbitrary update speeds, increases the framerate cap to 60fps, and optionally lowers the rendering resolution to 1280x720.
Please be sure to decrypt your eboot.bin and if needed, "un-sELF" it as well. The file when viewed in a hex editor should start with "ELF" and be exactly 93667641 bytes in size.
You can download this utility from here: http://manfightdragon.com/60fpspatch.zip
I am not providing instructions for how to make backup copies of Bloodborne, or how to run a backup copy of your game on your console. These things are well documented online.
Please enjoy it.

SCB3

What is it with Content Creators being so snotty? Does he not realise what he is doing is pretty shady as well?

Anyway, I watched Distortion2 play through this last week, pretty interesting, runs at 720p but generally 60fps everywhere else bar a few parts

theHFIC

I really thought Sony was going to bow to the authors' original request for them to release an official Bloodborne 60fps patch or else this would be unleashed unto the world*

*the world that has a modded PS4 and is capable of patching their own ripped games instead of downloaded versions.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Lol "illegally modified"
Technically, absolutely correct. Modifying hardware to circumvent copyright protection is illegal under international copyright law.
Look it up, if you don't believe me.

The reality is that the provision is there to stop people from selling mods commercially, which is understandable, and is rarely used.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
That thread title

200.gif

Bartski

Gold Member
Haha, true. However I meant regarding its limitations and details, etc. The new one is better! But people may still be misled. :(
you're right, I somehow thought everyone knows this guy is about to release it and Sony will never shadow drop something of this caliber...

thanks mods for the title change and SORRY FOR THE DICK MOVE GAF

Yom Kippur Please GIF by swerk

Illegal? It's your property lol

That warranty is likely voided though.

isn't it illegal? You can't just bring the console to a regular shop and have it modded for money where I live. I have no clue how this is done but I guess it's OS based.

Even if it's semi-legal it sure is shady and not a place to discuss that part any further... Looks great in action tho

Why are people coming in here surprised that you need modded hardware to use a Bloodborne patch from a Lance McDonald ?

Since people have issues with reading comprehension which messes with their expectations, every day should be:
200.gif

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

you're right, I somehow thought everyone knows this guy is about to release it and Sony will never shadow drop something of this caliber...
It's all good man! I just didn't want you getting bashed over it, haha. It happens!

I gave my brother my PS4 Pro when I got my PS5. Man, when I read about this it made me regret giving it to him, lmao. I want a 60fps Bloodborne SO bad. :(

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I think this kind of speaks to how easy this is do, if one guy can do it. Sony being a multi-billion dollar company, you would think they could have put a team of 50 on all the most wanted games, and they would all be done by now. Same goes for Microsoft too.

Umbral

✅Modded PS4
✅Decrypt Bloodborne YOURSELF
✅Tons of work and time
✅Deceptive title
If Sony or From don’t handle this shit I will eventually stoop to this. I don’t want to, it’s annoying that I would have to, but I’ve got a PS4 Pro sitting around unused.

Cancel Horizon 2 and put the remaining money you were going to use into patching Bloodborne to 4K/60.

Last edited:

jaysius

Banned
If Sony or From don’t handle this shit I will eventually stoop to this. I don’t want to, it’s annoying that I would have to, but I’ve got a PS4 Pro sitting around unused.

Cancel Horizon 2 and put the remaining money you were going to use into patching Bloodborne to 4K/60.
That would make so many people that love shitty open world games with bad combat very unhappy.

So you have to have an illegally modified PS4 PRO specifically to use this? I'm confused.
Unless you live in Japan there's nothing illegal about it. However using a modified PS4 online is against the EULA and TOS and is grounds for both an account and console ban. I'm fairly certain you can't do that anyway since, last I checked, the scene has been careful to always be a few versions behind to prevent another 3.55 scenario.

✅Modded PS4
Not surprising.
✅Decrypt Bloodborne YOURSELF
Using tools available online. Not hard.
✅Tons of work and time
No, Lance Mcdonald did that for you.
✅Deceptive title
How is it deceptive? A man named Lance Mcdonald made a 60FPS patch for Bloodborne and released it, exactly as the title said. If you were unaware of who Lance Mcdonald was or that this patch existed (despite being covered by DF months ago) that's on you.

Top Bottom