• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald is aware of multiple upcoming PC ports of PlayStation exclusive games but none are Bloodborne

Phase

Bloodhorne on PC is their Switch pro...
The Office Reaction GIF

who the hell is this guy? hasnt he been saying the same shit for years? anyone can predict sony will release more pc ports. they even said it themselves.

Last edited:

yurinka

so no bloodborne for PC
He only said he knows multiple PS games coming to PC and none of them is Bloodborne. First, very likely he is lying and has no fucking idea of what PS games are coming to PC other than Uncharted 4.

In case he isn't lying, he may now a few old PS4 games that a team is porting to PC. There can be another team porting games he doesn't know about, for sure he doesn't know all the projects Sony has coming.

Pretty obvious Bloodborne wasn't coming to PC with From Software working on Elden Ring and Japan Studio gone.
From may have a 2nd, smaller team working on it, probably tech/engine people who already completed their job on Elder Ring and moved Bloodborne to their new engine version to port it both to PS5 and PC. Sony recently signed a deal to help Kadokawa with their game and anime, for sure they must have asked them a few From Soft. favors in exchange to accept this deal.

Or Team Asobi a.k.a. Japan Studio could also handle it. Or Bluepoint, who recently remade Demon's Souls and seems Sony acquired them, could do it too. Sony also recently bought a PC porting studio who could also handle it. Or they could even hire some other random porting studio like Virtuos.

Last edited:

Dream-Knife

Banned
This game is so overrated by soulsborne lovers, just give PC gamers God Of War.
Having played through it last year, it was ok but not amazing like everyone else says.
Bloodborne is outdated, just stick to DS3, trust me
It's hard to tell what's legit and what's hype. I tried BB but got a headache from playing it. Randomly gave an actual souls game a chance and love it (ds3)

Alphagear

Sony just bought nixxes. they are gonna port every single game to PC soon.
Every single game to PC soon? News to me.

Like I said, Sony doesn't have the time to fix the frame pacing and framerates issues for its consoles and people expect a PC port on the way.

Bloodborne unfortunately is a low priority with From Software focusing on Elden ring and Japan Studio gone. Team Asobi is focused on Astro.

Bluepoint definitely aren't working on Bloodborne either.

Wishful thinking but we can only hope it comes eventually. Its needs a 60fps remaster.

Last edited:

Vae_Victis

Banned
Who is lance McDonald and why should I believe him?

The most reliable western source as far as Bloodborne insider information goes, on top of a very down-to-earth and non-egocentric person. I don't remember a single time he said "this is going to happen" and then it didn't.

Again, why would Lance Mcdonald know any of this? He's not an insider, hes a modder

He has proven contacts at Sony and/or Bluepoint. He leaked a lot of minor details about Demon's Souls PS5 between the announcement and release, and was 100% right on every single one of them.

He definitely has contacts within the industry that can provide him with info, especially around the Sony sphere of influence.

SantaC

Pretty obvious Bloodborne wasn't coming to PC with From Software working on Elden Ring and Japan Studio gone.

They can't even patch the console versions framerate and frame pacing issues and people were expecting a PC port. Go figure.
Wasnt the bloodborne coming to PC started by a resetera member 😂

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
To be honest I'm pretty suspicious of the "multiple upcoming PC ports" thing, on the simple basis that it suggests a deluge is coming when Sony have no reason to ever do more than drip-feed titles.

The reality is that right now ports of former PS exclusives are uncommon enough that each release is noteworthy, upping the frequency of releases would make that buzz go away, and likely sales with it. The smart play for Sony is to release sparingly and always with a purpose. i.e. at a time where expanding awareness of a particular franchise would be beneficial, and past a point where console sales are significant.

nemiroff

Gold Member
It's always nice to have the option, but either way it's too late for a more or less straight port of an "old" and clunky Bloodborne, especially considering Elden Ring is ready in a few months.

Ellery

Okay I really want my fellow PC friends to get Bloodborne, but it would be gigachad move if Sony remastered Bloodborne for PS5 only.

I wonder what the other games are. My picks would be Gran Turismo Sports, God of War and maybe Uncharted 4 or TLOU1 ?

skit_data

Would Lance be the one to know this though?

I’m not questioning his abilities to make it run in 60fps, but does he have the industry connections with people that would be involved in a remaster of Bloodborne?

fersnake

I’m not questioning his abilities to make it run in 60fps, but does he have the industry connections with people that would be involved in a remaster of Bloodborne?
probably that's why he's talking about it well... just hinting something.

MiguelItUp

So he's in "the know". That's good.
Per se, sure. But I would still take things with a grain of salt.

He COULD but he also may not. He could have connections, but there's no guarantee those connections will share everything with him. Or that everything he receives may not be 100% factual.

Top Bottom