• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lance McDonald (Bloodborne modder): Bloodborne PC leaks were fake. Bluepoint Sony contract expired.

SLB1904

Banned
Lol, while I don't plan on sucking anything I do agree the doom-shit-posting will quickly give way to praise when Sony does their inevitable Summer event. Add to that more VR news and its launch lineup, updates to services and who knows what else and yeah Sony will be just fine.
Last year was the same thing. Ms was winning the pr news lol. Then when it came down to actually show games we had those terrible shows.

turtlepowa

Banned
You know you have to learn music for a reason right?
You know you have to hit the right notes, right?

Have you even watch talents show? They all think they are great singers I guess there Is nothing the judges can do. Because they all think they sound great
If you still think that art like music is a matter of fact rather than a matter of taste, so be it. But i bet you got some music genres / songs you absolutely hate and don't want to hear, even if a professionals musician tells you they are great art.

Smoke6

MS is changing. the zenimax acquisition points to that. even before that, the acquistions of Ninja Theory, obsidian, playground, double fine, and starting a new studio in The Initiative shows that this new MS is different from the MS that was shutting down studios, cancelling japanese games, and spending $100 million on dead IPs like Gears.

it feels different. we will find out this e3 i guess. If MS shows up with a MGS remake by bluepoint, and a new IP from kojima along with all their fancy big games like star citizen and elder scrolls then we will know that MS isnt the same publisher from last gen.
Man y’all smoking some bad shit! What’s new about buying studios and still don’t have a 1st party game for your new console?

msn y’all don’t be making no sense at all with this shit! A NEW MS would of had there shit together well before launch and made sure there flagship game was there at launch ready to go!

Smoke6

i think this e3 will clear up a lot. i dont see kojima missing another e3 after missing it last year. he typically just shows up with cutscenes. if all these insane rumors are true then MS is going to have a killer E3 while Sony shows up with a bunch of cross gen games. It's going to be a bloodbath like E3 2013 was for MS and E3 2006 was for Sony.

I sure hope it doesnt, but after allowing MLB to go on gamepass, I dont have much faith in the current leadership.
Sony had no choice in the matter resides now out of baseball games! Stop with the bullshit and doom and gloom Jesus this place is getting toxic

SLB1904

Banned
If you still think that art like music is a matter of fact rather than a matter of taste, so be it. But i bet you got some music genres / songs you absolutely hate and don't want to hear, even if a professionals musician tells you they are great art.
That's not the point I'm arguing.

Lol, while I don't plan on sucking anything I do agree the doom-shit-posting will quickly give way to praise when Sony does their inevitable Summer event. Add to that more VR news and its launch lineup, updates to services and who knows what else and yeah Sony will be just fine.
All this bad press is mounting up, and they've elected to miss E3 (huge mistake IMO) What they show will look unprofessional compared to the E3 showing of that I have no doubt. Once Microsoft and Nintendo signed on Sony should have followed, it's gonna be big and something like the E3 of previous years. Last year was terrible from all the major publishers showing their games, we need E3 they know how to put on a show.

Jim Ryan is just out of touch with not only his developers (Bend, Blue point letting there contract expire!, Japan studio and Drive club dev) but also the consumers, start of the generation and hearing news like this is worrying.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Funny now that now we have a rumour disavowing Bloodborne PC the usual suspects have latched onto this contract expiring nonsense, rather than wondering how many more stories of PS titles going to PC are bogus....

Snake29

RSI Employee of the Year
Lance McDonald said something about Sony's contract with Bluepoint ending and people seem to have lost their goddamn minds. Bluepoint's a third party developer and Sony contracted them out to make a game. Once the game was completed and shipped then obviously the contract would end for that particular project. It's like some folks think a contract would stay open forever even after the game was finished and shipped.

Why in the blue fuck some folks are taking this to mean that Sony and Bluepoint are no longer interested in working with one another I don't have a friggin' clue. Furthermore it's funny to see the fanboys come out of the woodwork asking for Microsoft to snatch up Bluepoint.

1. People don't know what they are talking about. Same as the guy that created the "remove Jim petition".

2. Those fanboys that are constantly cock sucking Phil are the worst, with their acquisition obsession. The moment Phil leaves MS, man I don't want to know what's going to happen to the Xbox community. Won't end well probably. Pretty crazy and almost scary how obsessed they are with him and that rental service.

dDoc

Lots of doom and gloom on mere rumours.

Look at what's been offered so far for the new consoles from their respective platform holders. And tell me the score lol.

If DS truly bombed I am happy just cause of the game price hike this gen.

Probs did fine though, considering there's only 6 mill PS5's out in the wild.

Papacheeks

Banned
Hmm, I don't know if I believe this. Sony's relationship with BPG has been stellar. I can't imagine they'd sever their ties with them. That'd be such a incredibly bizarre move.

Yea, Bluepoint has worked on too many projects with high quality and great reviews for Sony to not consider bringing them into the fold. Honestly they seem like the better get, and to me why would Bluepoint tease a bunch of different games a while back? I do think Bluepoint has more than one contract. I think similar to Platinum Games they now are super valued in the industry. So I'm assuming they are working on multiple projects for different people.

TheGejsza

Sony sold 6 million PS5 but the remake didn't sell at all.
If they don't see the sales number maybe change the price back to ps4 standard? I got my PS5 on release date and every game I either bought used (Spider Man : Milers Moralses for 20 euro) or sold after finishing (Demon's Souls). And I plan to continue of doing if if those prices will remain. In eastern europe the used games marked just blew bigger than ever.

Akhawi

Banned
Sony keeps saying they will embrace PC gaming all the time, but god damn what a slow and messy job they are doing. Sony doesn't need Bluepoint to make a remaster for PC as the game still looks pretty good and they honestly just need to up the resolution, add a menu option to disable that horrible chromatic aberration filter and add support for M/K controls and the PC-version is good to go. I still think Blodborne will come to PC eventually because it would sell like crazy there and easily surpass the PS4 sales as it absolutely flopped on console with just 2-3 million sales.

SJRB

Gold Member
P0qEgIn.png

Zeroing

Banned
Another thread turned into console wars garbage!
It is fun and sometimes educational when people only use facts but... this is turning ridiculous.

The point here is, rumours if belived can have a negative effect and most of the times are not even true. So we best take future rumours with caution!

how long until jim ryan is blamed for covid 19? im neutral on the guy but the irrational hatred is just too damn much. i would rather the fanboy wars go back to " our exclusives are better than yours". atleast it was centered around games. is this a new generation thing ir are people literally being driven to insanity with the lockdowns?

Last edited:

cireza

Banned
If you know someone who knows music ask them to listen both scores then come back to us
I can't care less about other people's opinions. I only care about mine. When I listen to the "remastered" music, it does not bring the same emotions, at all, that the previous did. The composer might have made these musics in his bathroom or on a Game Boy, I don't care at all. Mood and emotions have been ruined.

Last edited:

Holammer

Baffling. Devs doing contract work have to handle post launch support for a set time to iron out bugs and offer support. Leaving Demon's Souls with a glaring bug like that is unusual, especially as a high budget game with online features would demand a longer support period. Sony just terminating the contract would be pants on head retarded.

While I find Lance trustworthy, what if someone is feeding him garbage to throw him off, like Valve folks deliberately fucking with Tyler McVicker.

Last edited:

Dabaus

Banned
dude,this whole "lest make some crazy rumors"coordinated to try to damage sony image its getting so transparent and wild,good luck with that in the real world outside forums
This! Both the MS buying metal gear and this one are taken out of context quotes and/or authors wishes added then “rumor” plastered next to it. We’ve reached the point where wild eyed out of the blue rumors where MS is just running the industry now and Sony can’t get anything right narrative has become so consistent that i can’t help but feel these are coordinated hit jobs. I’d say that’s a good thing for Sony btw.

Thirty7ven

Banned
BluePoint just delivered an highly acclaimed remake for launch so I very much doubt this bs.

These “insiders” really need to take a break.

Last edited:

MistBreeze

This! Both the MS buying metal gear and this one are taken out of context quotes and/or authors wishes added then “rumor” plastered next to it. We’ve reached the point where wild eyed out of the blue rumors where MS is just running the industry now and Sony can’t get anything right narrative has become so consistent that i can’t help but feel these are coordinated hit jobs. I’d say that’s a good thing for Sony btw.
yes exactly Microsoft build hype every year and underdeliver

Sony such up and overdeliver

Interfectum

I doubt Sony is done with BluePoint but if MS somehow pulled some magic trick where they got BluePoint to do some MGS remakes exclusive to Xbox then holy shit.

SLB1904

Banned
I can't care less about other people's opinions. I only care about mine. When I listen to the "remastered" music, it does not bring the same emotions, at all, that the previous did. The composer might have made these musics in his bathroom or on a Game Boy, I don't care at all. Mood and emotions have been ruined.
And why that fuck you forcing your opinions into others

Papacheeks

Banned
I’m reading verbatim what dudes Twitter account says. It says the contract for demons souls is up.

He doesn’t say anything about Sony or blue points contract up with one another.

Go back and re-read what he said, He was specific in that once Demons souls was completed the contract with SOny had ended. Unless they extended that said contract prior to Demons souls completion. WHich from what I've heard is a thing.

Let's say that Blue Point has continuing work going on at the studio. And I also believe they are not just making titles for just Sony. The only thing that would make them not want the contract with Sony is if Sony got outbid. Which with how Microsoft is dick swinging their bags of money would not doubt it.

But my two cents of what I think and what I've read has been happening. Konami has been shopping around their IP's for the past couple years. Silent hill, Castlevania, Metal gear are all currently live projects in one way or another. Karak from acg was hinting that Microsoft has been talking to Konami. And Konami loves renewable money. So I think your going to see Konami back catelog titles on Gamepass along with possible remakes/new title being made by an external studio, that studio supposedly is possibly Bluepoint. But from What I've heard bluepoint has multiple projects currently. ANd they are possibly for different platforms.

Kojima news is I believe his take on episodic, which I think Microsoft is interested in. So his new "episodic" game is going to be probably on PC/Gamepass/Xbox. ANd Koji Pro has other things in the works, which means just because Sony turned down an episodic, doesnt mean they will turn down a game they think will do very well.

There's been leaks all over the place. And to think Sony would not keep a great relationship with bluepoint is really Xbox fanboys being complete children.

So 2 things are happening. I believe Bluepoint had some conversations with Sony at one point in being brought into the fold. But I believe Microsoft reached out to them to have a game made, and because of this extra contract along with what they have with Sony. I wonder if bluepoint is hedging their bets to see who can give them the better price if they "want" to be bought.

So sky is not falling, Bluepoint is still making games for different platforms, both of those are Sony and possibly Microsoft. I cant confirm the MS talk, but I can confirm they still have something being made that will be on playstation just cant vouch if it's 100% exclusive. Unless it was part of the deal they had prior to Demons souls. Which was part of the Shadow colossus deal. it was a 2-3 game deal.

I think Sony would literally be morons to not continue. Herman would see their value. Issue is if since its contract work, is their price too high for Sony going forward?

Interfectum

Go back and re-read what he said, He was specific in that once Demons souls was completed the contract with SOny had ended. Unless they extended that said contract prior to Demons souls completion. WHich from what I've heard is a thing.

Let's say that Blue Point has continuing work going on at the studio. And I also believe they are not just making titles for just Sony. The only thing that would make them not want the contract with Sony is if Sony got outbid. Which with how Microsoft is dick swinging their bags of money would not doubt it.

But my two cents of what I think and what I've read has been happening. Konami has been shopping around their IP's for the past couple years. Silent hill, Castlevania, Metal gear are all currently live projects in one way or another. Karak from acg was hinting that Microsoft has been talking to Konami. And Konami loves renewable money. So I think your going to see Konami back catelog titles on Gamepass along with possible remakes/new title being made by an external studio, that studio supposedly is possibly Bluepoint. But from What I've heard bluepoint has multiple projects currently. ANd they are possibly for different platforms.

Kojima news is I believe his take on episodic, which I think Microsoft is interested in. So his new "episodic" game is going to be probably on PC/Gamepass/Xbox. ANd Koji Pro has other things in the works, which means just because Sony turned down an episodic, doesnt mean they will turn down a game they think will do very well.

There's been leaks all over the place. And to think Sony would not keep a great relationship with bluepoint is really Xbox fanboys being complete children.

So 2 things are happening. I believe Bluepoint had some conversations with Sony at one point in being brought into the fold. But I believe Microsoft reached out to them to have a game made, and because of this extra contract along with what they have with Sony. I wonder if bluepoint is hedging their bets to see who can give them the better price if they "want" to be bought.

So sky is not falling, Bluepoint is still making games for different platforms, both of those are Sony and possibly Microsoft. I cant confirm the MS talk, but I can confirm they still have something being made that will be on playstation just cant vouch if it's 100% exclusive. Unless it was part of the deal they had prior to Demons souls. Which was part of the Shadow colossus deal. it was a 2-3 game deal.

I think Sony would literally be morons to not continue. Herman would see their value. Issue is if since its contract work, is their price too high for Sony going forward?
I mean bottom line these platform holders are at a point where they have a ton of IP but not enough developers to make all this shit. BluePoint has proven they can deliver quality content on time, even during COVID. No doubt if Sony hasn't put a ring on yet MS will be sniffing around.

Mr Moose

Why are people acting like Bluepoint are a first party studio and not third party?
They were contracted to make a game, they finished that game, it's out now you can buy it.
They are free to make other games/remasters or anything else for Sony and others.

Jaysen

Banned
1. People don't know what they are talking about. Same as the guy that created the "remove Jim petition".

2. Those fanboys that are constantly cock sucking Phil are the worst, with their acquisition obsession. The moment Phil leaves MS, man I don't want to know what's going to happen to the Xbox community. Won't end well probably. Pretty crazy and almost scary how obsessed they are with him and that rental service.
Video games getting you down, champ? Cheer up, the corporation you’re shilling for free for will do something good real soon.

Papacheeks

Banned
I mean bottom line these platform holders are at a point where they have a ton of IP but not enough developers to make all this shit. BluePoint has proven they can deliver quality content on time, even during COVID. No doubt if Sony hasn't put a ring on yet MS will be sniffing around.

What i can tell you MS has been sniffing around for couple years. As in I believe Bluepoint has a contract with them for one of their projects. So what I'm trying to say without outing my info, is Bluepoint def has a contract currently at some level with MS.

What that contract is or at what stage I cannot confirm. They could still be in early contract talks. But I heard talks were happening back in 2018.

Interfectum

Why are people acting like Bluepoint are a first party studio and not third party?
They were contracted to make a game, they finished that game, it's out now you can buy it.
They are free to make other games/remasters or anything else for Sony and others.
I think the assumption is that Sony would just buy them as they've been working so well together over the years. And if Sony doesn't someone else eventually will and there is just more potential talent for PS Studios out the window.

Papacheeks

Banned
I think the assumption is that Sony would just buy them as they've been working so well together over the years. And if Sony doesn't someone else eventually will and there is just more potential talent for PS Studios out the window.

That was the case at one point, and maybe they still are negotiating? But the uptick in contract work from Sony, and the so called talks with Microsoft a year or so ago i think has changed things for them. As in they can use that as leverage for their purchase price. And if it's at a price Sony is not willing to bite on then, they will continue with how things are until someone else meets that.

Can you specify how? what have they done that we can confirm that makes you think of the PS3 days? did they come out priced hundreds of dollars higher than the competition and tell you to get a second job to pay for it? We don't know what's driving business decisions behind the scenes and we also don't know how many of these rumors are even true so it just seems silly to think that way. It's your right obviously I'm not saying you aren't entitled to your opinion I'd just be curious as to what specific things lead you to believe they are going back to the arrogance of the PS3 days other than some people constantly complaining on message boards?
Yeah, I can specify how.

$10 price tag increase, you now have to pay $70. Although, you could argue that its because game dev budgets are getting crazy now. However, they almost attempted to sell you a shit game called Destruction All Stars (that's already dead, even after going on PS+ when it came out. Very hard to matchmake with people cause no one plays it)

Returnal looks good but most people I do not think are willing to shell out $70 for it.

-closing down Japanese studios and people leaving and focusing on the west and abandoning your heritage. Sony was always a Japanese company first and foremost.

-they stopped attending E3 which just reeks of "We're good enough people will buy our shit anyways, fuck everyone else.

-Their communication lately has been absolute dog shit and contradicting.

-Announcing God of War for 2021 in their September event. It was so obvious they knew themselves they weren't gonna make it anyways and it feels like they teased it for 2021 right before PS5 launch just to move more sales right before pre orders opened. How is this not arrogance?

Oh also, I work in the game industry myself and have concluded over 60 interviews across many different developers and publishers throughout in my years starting from 2013 and to now. And attended every single E3 since that time.

You could see changes every single year with companies and how they would treat the media questions and the type of answers you'd get.

While I never had a bad experience per say for the most part, you can still how their attitudes towards things would still change.

Dabaus

Banned

You’ve dedicated six paragraphs to a wild eyed Xbox fanboy fever dream fantasy. All of these quotes are taken out of context with the most insane Xbox conspiracy theory attached to it. You’re Setting yourself up for disappointment my dude.

Alright

Banned
Goldfish memories ITT

Have a read of the 'gaming news' aka MS PR from 2012 through to 2014. This is the same shit.

I understand going bananas for console rumours, new tech rumours or acquisitions, but this? C'mon man.

Top Bottom