• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KOTOR Remake taken over by Saber Interactive after Aspyr studio shakeup

Bartski

Gold Member
As per Embracer interim report Q1,

https://embracer.com/report/embrace...t-sales-increased-by-107-to-sek-7118-million/

One of the Group's AAA projects has transitioned to another studio within the Group. This was done to ensure the quality bar is where we need it to be for the title. We are not expecting any material delays for the title based on this transition.

From the Schreier Bloomberg report

The fate of Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic remains unclear. In May, Embracer announced that Saber Interactive would also join the project. Some at Aspyr believe that Saber, which has mainly been doing outsourcing work for the project, may take it over completely.

EDIT: Bloomberg confirms.

Last edited:

Kenneth Haight

Gold Member
Frustrated World Cup GIF

Poor Aspyr, this game is a long time away by the sounds of it.

Jinzo Prime

Saber Interactive is such a weird studio; 1300 employees, but all they make are remasters of Halo games and Ice Road Truckers simulators. Like, they should be competent enough to handle a project this size, but I don't know, the're weird.

So much for all the "more AA games" talk. I'm still interested considering all things. A mid budget remake still sounds better than an upres.

Godot25

Banned
I guess we will be happy if this game will come out during PS5 generation. If ever.
Saber is currently working on Space Marines 2, so they have their hands full probably.

RyanEvans21

Saber Interactive is such a weird studio; 1300 employees, but all they make are remasters of Halo games and Ice Road Truckers simulators. Like, they should be competent enough to handle a project this size, but I don't know, the're weird.
They made World War Z Video Game one of my favorite Xbox Game Pass :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Madflavor

I don't feel good about this one. A KotoR remake should be made be a team who wants it, because they're passionate about the game and the IP. There's something about this whole KotoR remake thing that has come off so hollow. Like they're doing it becasue of the Remake trend right now.

Orpheum

No delay? Yeah sure guys 😂😂 if we're lucky it'll release this gen. And if we're more lucky it won't suck entirely

Fbh

LOL at no delay.

Either way, Saber might be a bit more competent than Aspyr but they don't inspire that much confidence either. Based on ther wikipedia game they have mostly made a bunch of remasters and AA games. Making a AAA remake of beloved game will be quite a step up for them.

stn

I really hope they don't screw this up. KOTOR is one of my favorite games ever so I really need this remake to be proper.

Saber are not the ones with W3 remaster from which CDPR took the project back because were russians?
I didn't know that, but it's true.

Saber has multiple studios though. It might not be handled by the Russian branch, if it's still in operation right now.

jaysius

Banned
These are the clowns that make mediocre to trash games, Snowrunner has been out for a very long time, the entire point of the game is driving, and STILL to this day you can be driving down a road and FLY into the sky and have to start your job all over again. These guys are too busy selling DLC to fix their game, fuck these guys.

They're nowhere CLOSE to AAA they're not even in the A's they're a D-list developer, they're just barely better than Spiders.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

TheMan

That’s gotta sting for Aspyr, but if it means a better game for us then it is what it is. They should probably stick to mobile games

Stuart360

Isnt this good news?. With Sabre Interactive doing it there is more chance of the game being a straight graphical remaster/remake, and less chance of the story being fucked with and woke shit added etc.
I would of thought anyway.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Isnt this good news?. With Sabre Interactive doing it there is more chance of the game being a straight graphical remaster/remake, and less chance of the story being fucked with and woke shit added etc.
I would of thought anyway.
One would hope the story is point for point, but, I fear Disney gonna Disney. This being a complete remake, they may canonize it.

Last edited:

lifa-cobex

If it ever sees the light of day, It's going to be a hot mess.

I wonder how much cash has been put into it so far as to equate to whats been developed.

Please!
No woke activist writers this time!
Saber Interactive is working on Space Marine 2, and one of the senior writers is quite the leftist activist.

AJUMP23

I don’t know if there is a presentation I want to watch more than this KOTOR one where they fire the 2 leads at the end.

Seeing these issues pop up on this remake makes me think MS didn't make as big of a mistake as some thought passing on this project. We'll see what comes of it but it's clear not everyone knows what's happening behind the scenes.

Top Bottom