• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: The PS5 Is Kind Of Buggy Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kinda retard wants to replace batteries over just plugging it in for the night, lol what are we in the 90's
aed.jpg

fersnake

the only issue i had is launching some ps4 games got an error but not the end of the world. btw its a new console, what Kotaku expect?

Clarissa

Banned
Just don't use rest mode.

My ps5 got turned to rest mode accidentally because I was downloading some games on the ps5 and I didn't want to leave the screen on to prevent burn in on my LG C9 So I turned my TV off and the ps5 went to rest mode automatically.

Last edited:
Is "they'll patch it" already a meme?

Anyway. Kids, thats why you shouldn't buy new equipment right on release.

Well how do you think Sony and Microsoft are able to find bugs and fix them? Look at the end of the day they need glorified beta testers and that is basically what comes with being an early adopter, we suffer so those who wait get a better experience. Without us these bugs would not be found in the first place.

Why does my PS5 make a low level buzzing noise when playing PS5 games only? Is it busted or what? It's worrying me. What sounds are even normal?

Last edited:
My ps5 got turned to rest mode accidentally because I was downloading some games on the ps5 and I didn't want to leave the screen on to prevent burn in on my LG C9 So I turned my TV off and the ps5 went to rest mode automatically.

Right I see what you mean

Settings > System > Power Saving > Set Time Until PS5 Enters Rest Mode > While Playing Games

Contrary to what it says it also works if you're not playing games

Mmnow

Has Sony finally found a way to make us appreciate all those stability patches?

Nah, I haven't had a single issue so far, touch wood. There's are some UI changes I'd make, but I've not had a single crash.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Just played 3 hours of Destiny 2 and she was cool to the touch when I finished. 👍

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
What kinda retard wants to replace batteries over just plugging it in for the night, lol what are we in the 90's
Guess I'm a retard.
Even though I have the convenience of the charging stand I'd still have preferred to use AA batteries. Eneloops last forever and its alot cheaper replacing a couple batteries than the whole controller when the battery loses its strength in a few years.

Guess I'm a retard.
Even though I have the convenience of the charging stand I'd still have preferred to use AA batteries. Eneloops last forever and its alot cheaper replacing a couple batteries than the whole controller when the battery loses its strength in a few years.
Again with the same bullshit.

You know how rare it is for a controller to "brick"? The rechargeable battery can be replaced by 3rd party batteries and they can be installed by any able-minded person with the simplest of tools.

The eneloops are expensive, a pain to charge (3-6 hours to charge 4 batteries fully) and quite frankly, Gaming Systems moved on from AA batteries because it's 2020.

Stop regurgitating this bullshit AA battery narrative, no one wants to buy $35 eneloops from 2006. Xbox should be ashamed of themselves for not adding rechargeable batteries to their controllers already.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Again with the same bullshit.

You know how rare it is for a controller to "brick"? The rechargeable battery can be replaced by 3rd party batteries and they can be installed by any able-minded person with the simplest of tools.

The eneloops are expensive, a pain to charge (3-6 hours to charge 4 batteries fully) and quite frankly, Gaming Systems moved on from AA batteries because it's 2020.

Stop regurgitating this bullshit AA battery narrative, no one wants to buy $35 eneloops from 2006. Xbox should be ashamed of themselves for not adding rechargeable batteries to their controllers already.

Who said anything about batteries bricking? Every time you recharge a battery you slightly diminish its maximum charging capacity. Its enviable that built in controller batteries will become useless over time.

Just because you prefer one method over another doesn't make you right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom