• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kotaku: Maybe just Delay the next gen already

Should the next gen get delayed?

• Yes, put it back in the oven it's not done cooking

Votes: 51 12.3%
  • No. We have launch windows for games that look good

Votes: 68 16.3%
  • "Maybe" STFU Kotaku

Votes: 297 71.4%

• Total voters

quest

Not Banned from OT
Launch these consoles there is no point in a delay. The hardware is ready the software will catch up. Give them to us now!

Dolomite

His twitter:

Translation: Politics are ruining his life thus everyone else should be just as unhappy.

Kindly, fuck off.

I can understand where's he's coming from on a personal level, but I also recognize that not everyone wants the world on pause. For many folks, gaming is the last vestige of good news to eek out of this shitty year, so why ruin that too?

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Not clicking the link, do they ever explain why or is this just click bait?

Edit: holy shit are they really suggesting the consoles should be delayed because a child rapist got shot?

Fuck this world...

Last edited:

Dolomite

Not clicking the link, do they ever explain why or is this just click bait?
From what I've gathered here (didn't bother reading that either) the journalist is saying nothing shown so far is impressive. Sums it up to faster loads and up-rezed texture. Then goes on to say that the world is depressing right now, the upcoming election and national turmoil over shadow any next gen hype

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Microsoft would be best off tying their launch strategy to Cyberpunk with same Day 1 release. Have advertising seem that it is an Xbox Series X exclusive. Pay for either exclusive DLC or DLC is first on Xbox. Spencer has fuck all else in the bag.

the_master

For me, the reason to delay them should be to make them much more powerful, like "full ray tracing rendering at 4K(AI enhanced is fine) 60fps" or "20.000 LOD0 full AI driven interactible npcs" instead of the "some reflections are raytraced" Aand "look at how many more particles"

Codes 208

For me, the reason to delay them should be to make them much more powerful, like "full ray tracing rendering at 4K(AI enhanced is fine) 60fps" or "20.000 LOD0 full AI driven interactible npcs" instead of the "some reflections are raytraced" Aand "look at how many more particles"
That’s not how that works. A single year (Or less because realistically if either were delayed, it’d likely be until March or so) isn’t enough time to buff specs in a meaningful way while keeping the price range identical.

Jtibh

Banned
Delay or not.....i dont care. Its not like either has the games for me to say i must have it no matter what.

I have the money. All day long.
But i have soo mamy games in my backlog that i really dont care.

Though i wouldnt mind to transfer my backlog to ps5 and enjoy the faster load time and maybe higher res and fps.

I think what they bitch about is the massive lack of info and games demos etc and they are tired of getting their legs pulled.
So they say just admit you are not ready and get back to us when things change for the better.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I've got very little excitement for either. I certainly wouldn't mind if they got delayed and launched next year or later alongside something that blows everyone away.

His twitter:

Translation: Politics are ruining his life thus everyone else should be just as unhappy.

Kindly, fuck off.

Wow, what a fucking loser. All of these miserable Leftist "gaming journalists" really need to just step aside and go mope about at home so they have more time to post their sadness about the state of the world on Twitter for everyone to Like.

Last edited by a moderator:

the_master

That’s not how that works. A single year (Or less because realistically if either were delayed, it’d likely be until March or so) isn’t enough time to buff specs in a meaningful way while keeping the price range identical.
That is why I said that the only reason worth the wait for me, would be this. Which is obviously not the case since they need time and resources to design new hardware. Meaning I'd rather not delay it, I would buy it today

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I bet he takes time out to order his annual iPhone upgrade though..... what a DOUCHE.

icr,iphone_11_soft,back,a,x1000-bg,f8f8f8.u5.jpg

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Its so typical that despite the global death toll of Covid, the world is supposed to give a shit about questionable use of force by police in America...

I wonder how many people have been needlessly infected as a result of taking part in BLM "demonstrations"?

So much for empathy.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
postmodernism is a self destructive ideology. these fools are wallowing in it.

what stopped me from visiting that site altogether was a recent design update which made it into even more of a clickbait form. it's just a grid of grabby headlines.
Lowest levels of “life satisfaction” and “contentment” by political tendency is among liberal men, particularly white liberal men. Lmfao.

Must suck to hate yourself. Gotta love that SJW Life 🤮

Last edited:
One could argue about whether it'd be wise to delay the release of these new consoles (I don't really care either way) but their whining about US politics is so fucking retarded, ya can't help but disagree.

Elog

I find it weird that everyone lumps together Sony and MS in these discussion. I think Sony more or less is executing the game plan they had in mind at the beginning of the year - it does not mean there are no challenges due to the pandemic but I do not see anything off with their game plan (so far).

MS is a different story. I wonder if the dev kit update late Q2 was more ominous than MS wants to admit - the leaked notes mentioned both a hardware and a software revision (and there had been rumours that the dev kits were not in great shape prior to that). That is cutting it very close to the launch. And the Halo Infinite reveal on top of that.

I just think it is two very different stories - it does not make sense to talk about them in the same way.

Last edited:
I find it weird that everyone lumps together Sony and MS in these discussion. I think Sony more or less is executing the game plan they had in mind at the beginning of the year - it does not mean there are no challenges due to the pandemic but I do not see anything off with their game plan (so far).

MS is a different story. I wonder if the dev kit update late Q2 was more ominous than MS wants to admit - the leaked notes mentioned both a hardware and a software revision (and there had been rumours that the dev kits were not in great shape prior to that). That is cutting it very close to the launch. And the Halo Infinite reveal on top of that.

I just think it is two very different stories - it does not make sense to talk about them in the same way.
It never does. But Xbox customers assume that MS is somehow the global standard. That whatever Xbox does is what the rest of the world should follow. Is it American Exceptionalism speaks? Is it a belief that everyone has to follow Americans because no other country matter?

It is very telling that being an Xbox customer is very quickly, shrinking to mean also being an American. And what Americans stand for is now fusing with what Xbox stands for. While Sony is a global brand and not really even Japanese as such, because they have so many customers and employees who are spread all over the world.

Kerotan

Brain dead idea. Sure just delay it a year and we'll have a chronic shortage of next gen consoles when they sell out even faster after another 12 months of pent up demand and a much larger launch line up.

The fact all current gen games coming this year and next year are also coming to PS5 makes the idea even worse.

Dolomite

It never does. But Xbox customers assume that MS is somehow the global standard. That whatever Xbox does is what the rest of the world should follow. Is it American Exceptionalism speaks? Is it a belief that everyone has to follow Americans because no other country matter?

It is very telling that being an Xbox customer is very quickly, shrinking to mean also being an American. And what Americans stand for is now fusing with what Xbox stands for. While Sony is a global brand and not really even Japanese as such, because they have so many customers and employees who are spread all over the world.
Don't lump Xbox fans into that imaginable mindset. We want a price and date just as soon as Sony fans do. Am I impressed with halo infinite? No do I want an XSX, fucking right I do

CitizenX

Banned
Hmmm if they push next gen back, people will gravitate more towards PC...raising the demand for an already limited supply. Less for me.

Next gen MUST happen in November.

Everyone owns a PC, the biggest streamers(not my benchmark) ALL game on PC. Thats just a fact.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
"Next gen MUST happen in November." Its already been next gen on PC for over 2 yrs.
I meant in the context of consoles.

The repeating of your phrase is to underline the poor choice of words. Surely you don't mean EVERYONE.

If you do mean everyone...then you're wrong, Bob. Even if that is the case, not everyone is looking to upgrade. A lot of people went the 20 series route while I sat back and waited cuz I didn't like how the whole RTX thing was going. Wasn't willing to compromise performance to that degree for some reflective surfaces in my games. The 30 series, seems to be shaping up nicely, but I fear supply will be limited. Keeping a 3rd eye on big navi as well.

Therefore I said "Next Gen" must happen in November as a response to the poll. Not because I can't wait for next gen to arrive on consoles, but because I don't need anymore competition for parts if they postpone next gen.

I feel deflated after feeling like I needed to explain that. I'm moving on.

Last edited:
Top Bottom