• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Set To Have Much Worse Financial Year Than Anticipated

22•22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
Season 2 Episode 3 GIF by Paramount+

Another Iori

Neo Member
Sony should buy them as we would get AAA games based on its IPs, and Konami stuff might help out the Playstation brand in Japan. Konami is worth about 6 billion so it would likely cost Sony about how much Microsoft paid for Bethesda. I am still convinced we are getting some kind of Metal Gear remake from Sony will modern AAA graphics.
Since when Sony has moved the operating “brain” of PlayStation to North America in 2016, the company no longer grants the same freedom to developers as happened roughly thirty years ago: initially the PlayStation version of "Devil May Cry 5" had the Trish's glutes censored by a purple light, and even today the only integral physical version for "Doki Doki Literature Club!" is only on Nintendo Switch, so if Konami to join Sony would only be a step backward creatively.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Nah just buy Metal Gear and Silent Hill. The rest is useless. Both IPs can benefit Sony not only in games but movie. The talented studios at Sony would put those IPs to good use.
Yeah, I imagine linear MGS games with lots of climbing and squeezing through cracks with nice closeups of Snake's deliciously rendered butt is exactly what fans want. Just like Silent Hill games with a sidekick spoiling the solution of every puzzle for you before you can even read a hint.

Zones

Yeah, I imagine linear MGS games with lots of climbing and squeezing through cracks with nice closeups of Snake's deliciously rendered butt is exactly what fans want. Just like Silent Hill games with a sidekick spoiling the solution of every puzzle for you before you can even read a hint.
soccer-butt-hurt.gif

BootsLoader

Banned
You don't have to literally say that it's easy, but statements like "I mean Sony's giving people the games they want. So they make money, right."

Suggests that you think it's easy.

Sony's apparatus is literally two decades in the making and only recently has hit new levels of maturity that we haven't even seen the results of yet.
No I’m not suggesting that it is easy, I am suggesting that Sony is giving gamers what they want and they make a ton of money of it. It’s not easy, it take a lot of resources and effort, but if you want to succeed, you will have to put the effort. Otherwise, close your gaming division or concentrate on indie games etc.

You are suggesting that they won’t do good games because it’s hard.

BootsLoader

Banned
It's not that easy.

Sony only made big profits since around 2016-2017 when PS4 caught stride and the whole e-store, mtx and GAAS took off on consoles in full force. Sony's big increase in profits have come from e-store cuts.

Before that time period, Sony's game division for 20 years going back to PS1 made almost no profits in two decades.
Konami is not a company that will start from scratch. They have fox engine, they had a good gaming division with AAA games like MGS and Silent Hill.

No I’m not suggesting that it is easy, I am suggesting that Sony is giving gamers what they want and they make a ton of money of it. It’s not easy, it take a lot of resources and effort, but if you want to succeed, you will have to put the effort. Otherwise, close your gaming division or concentrate on indie games etc.

You are suggesting that they won’t do good games because it’s hard.

I'm suggesting that it isn't easy to do a 180 here. They left AAA gaming and it's just not easy to jump back into it.

There is a reason why Bloober team is doing Silent Hill 2 .

For reference, they're not great, but hopefully, the ability to make a quality remake isn't bigger than them.

You want Metal Gear? What team can do it? Virtuous is rumored to be involved, but I hope their involvement is limited.

FStubbs

It's not that easy.

Sony only made big profits since around 2016-2017 when PS4 caught stride and the whole e-store, mtx and GAAS took off on consoles in full force. Sony's big increase in profits have come from e-store cuts.

Before that time period, Sony's game division for 20 years going back to PS1 made almost no profits in two decades.
Isn't that largely because the PS3 wiped out all their PS1 and PS2 profits?

I'm suggesting that it isn't easy to do a 180 here. They left AAA gaming and it's just not easy to jump back into it.

There is a reason why Bloober team is doing Silent Hill 2 .

For reference, they're not great, but hopefully, the ability to make a quality remake isn't bigger than them.

You want Metal Gear? What team can do it? Virtuous is rumored to be involved, but I hope their involvement is limited.
I am convinced that Bluepoint is doing something with the series

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I mean...you could make a Lost Planet 4...you....fucks

Oh wait, that's Capcom? What do you have...Gradius, Contra? Sell Metal Gear

Last edited:
I mean...you could make a Lost Planet 4...you....fucks

Oh wait, that's Capcom? What do you have...Gradius, Contra? Sell Metal Gear

They really haven't done anything to build new IP like Capcom did with Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter, Lost Planet, e.t.c.

Top Bottom