• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami plans to outsource Castlevania and MGS

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Must be a coincidence 🤔
gPISx4W.jpg

If they outsource them to another Japanese company, I suppose that could work. Even though I heard Team Blooper isn’t handling the rumored Silent Hill game anymore, why would Konami choose them when they haven’t had any combat in their previous games to my knowledge? Unless......the new Silent Hill game might not have.....combat.

OrangeSun77

Neo Member
LOL no
This point of view " original creator, otherwise a series turns into shit" it's not always true

In my opinion, MGS is one of the few examples who could actually benefit from having a talented director as the new lead in command

Mgsv's plot was a shitfest and was 100 kojima's doing

Re2make and Re7 had no Mikami, and they are more Resident Evil than any Resident Evil since og re2, for example

Imagine a Naughty Dog made mg1-2 remake ( minus every eventual sjw shit), ND and Druckmann are great artists and a tlou1-2 toned mgs could be legendary
They have the right touch to make a strong, gory enough, and unforgettable plot

All of this is imo of course, feel free to disagree

Maybe, but just maybe, the only risk would be to lose a little political touch and sci-fi elements, but it's a maybe of course

The comparison with Resident Evil is not appropriate, they are very different.

Why? Because Mikami was very clever in handing over the direction of the second game to Hideki Kamiya, that made the saga not become the absolute creation of a person, or a work of author.

Metal Gear Solid, literally the whole series is "A Hideo Kojima game" while Resident Evil doesn't have that "A Mikami Game" tagline. Mikami created the foundations of a genre and a saga, while Kojima created an author's work. That is the big difference because Metal Gear Solid cannot work without Kojima, not even a "remake" of the first game would do justice, unless Kojima is involved, as was the case with the remake of the first Resident Evil that Mikami himself was director.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
So wait.

Konami outsourced their IP during 360 era and those games sucked so much, Castlevania and Silent Hill go into hibernation.

Last gen they try making games in-house and those suck.

Now they’re looking to outsource again?

What a roller coaster.
Never mind the 360 era. Some reason Konami decided to outsource Contra during the PS1 era after making great Contra games in house.

Here's two beauties which got to be among the worst games in Konami's history.

I remember renting Legacy of War, got past the first stage and didn't bother playing it the rest of the night. Pure trash.

86131-contra-legacy-of-war-playstation-front-cover.jpg

C-The-Contra-Adventure.jpg

8bitpill

A proper remake of Castlevania, Castlevania SQ, and Castlevania DC is well over do.

If you think about it we're in the era of remakes for video games the way the 1980's was the era of remakes for films/movies. Give us those yesteryear games by a new studio and director. Some will fail and others will become classics.

As for Metal Gear, I'm a big fan, but unless they're going to do a Prequel with The Cobra Unit I don't see much point for drawing out more of a Story with Big Boss or Solid Snake. But, give me a remake of MGS 1, 2, and 3.
Animated GIF

Top Bottom