• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Konami Files Trademark Application For Silent Hill In Canada.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Konami has filed a trademark application for Silent Hill with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office that is unrelated to Panchinko or Pachislot machines.

Now, it’s worth noting that the trademark for Silent Hill in Canada was set to expire this December. So, Konami’s just covering their bases, right? The trademark does pertain to video games, after all.

Konami has filed a trademark application for Silent Hill with the Canadian Intellectual Property Office that is unrelated to Panchinko or Pachislot machines.

Now, it’s worth noting that the trademark for Silent Hill in Canada was set to expire this December. So, Konami’s just covering their bases, right? The trademark does pertain to video games, after all.

I posted this article in the PT thread: https://www.windowscentral.com/silent-hill-trademark-renewed-konami

It says that the renewal does't have anything to do with just renewing the copyright. It gives the impression that its a new product!

• This trademark is separate from Konami's ownership of the Silent Hill franchise.

Last edited:

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
They just don’t want to lose the trademark. That’s all. I doubt Konami will release a AAA game soon, let alone a horror game. There is just not enough money in it at the moment. But that won’t make them give up the trademark. They probably think they may need it at some later point.

Waiting for Death Stranding to be revealed as Silent Hills all along, and Kojima played everyone once again, acting at a next level and simulating his departure from Konami, who at the same time released false financial bad reports

I should stop smoking weed, maybe.

Fenris Wolf

Well well, I am interested to see what they will manage to pull this time. I really hope they don't follow an "Outlast" style gameplay for SH because it's not that fitting IMO.

Caffeine

bad was just saying this yesterday in the pt anniversary thread.
xRXBy6x.png

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/p-t-...r-forgive-never-forget.1497097/post-255125500

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member

i can smell that is a fucking cellphone game. :messenger_crying:

or a game like this

Last edited:

Zannegan

Y'all hyped for another movie? This one to be directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and starring Mila Jovovich as Hillary Silence, a young middle-aged woman with amnesia who is mysteriously drawn to a spooky town that may hold the key to her past. Can't wait for that slow-mo rocket-launcher/melee fight against pyramid head, also played by Jovovich.

Caffeine

Y'all hyped for another movie? This one to be directed by Paul W. S. Anderson and starring Mila Jovovich as Hillary Silence, a young middle-aged woman with amnesia who is mysteriously drawn to a spooky town that may hold the key to her past. Can't wait for that slow-mo rocket-launcher/melee fight against pyramid head, also played by Jovovich.
I actually just watched a fan edit of the 2006 silent hill it wasnt bad, and the sequel was pretty awful though way too much cash was wasted on 3D tech.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
I actually just watched a fan edit of the 2006 silent hill it wasnt bad, and the sequel was pretty awful though way too much cash was wasted on 3D tech.
The 2006 movie wasn't bad, a lot of what they did was very faithful but they added shit that wasn't needed which ruined it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The 2006 movie wasn't bad, a lot of what they did was very faithful but they added shit that wasn't needed which ruined it.

Hey, I thought that the 2006 Silent Hill movie was one of the better video game movie adaptations. I really liked it.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I can’t watch the second film without thinking Jon Snow is in it. IIRC the first film used a lot of songs from the Silent Hill 2 OST. I rewatched them last year.

Last edited:
I want to believe that bluepoint is working on a Silent Hill remake. Didn't they do the Metal Gear Solid HD collection? It's time for Konami to throw the fanbase a bone.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
How about they'll make 2, 3 and 4 available to purchase on Steam in all regions and then FOFF?

Last edited:

Is Mila wearing Alices red mini dress suit and Pyramid Head mask at the same time? Humm..

Top Bottom