• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Working on the next Concept [ Please No More fantasy ] New IP ?

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
Yes I did say that I really enjoyed DS but too fantasy and so much is happening like he wants to put every weird idea in there !

ok enough of that lol .. what the hell is kojima doing in his office ALONE in the DARK ?

here is the pic he tweeted about :
51WGRdY.jpg

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
Wait I see the word Sony, Hermen Hulst, a skull, Wired who had the article on PS5 with Mark Cerny and sand

Mummy horror game by Kojima, exclusive to PS5 🤣

Captain Hero

The Spoiler Soldier
let the man do whatever he wants. you can say whatever you want about death standing but its indeed a unique experience. more please

I loved it btw but I don't want to see it again its a unique experience indeed that's why I need to see something different

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
I would like for Kojima to make a horror game with weird scary looking people/creatures, something like the Hellraiser movies

Gargus

Banned
Yes I did say that I really enjoyed DS but too fantasy and so much is happening like he wants to put every weird idea in there

Have to realize he was pretty much working for years "opressed" so to speak by konami. Then he is working with reedus and del Toro two people he wanted to work with and then that gets snatched away from him after a lot of work. Then he ventured off to his own and for the first time in a very long time he is in control and can do anything he wants to do. He is finally working for himself instead of someone else.

I really like death standing but any short comings I have with the game I can pretty reason it was a matter of him being a veritable kid in a candy store. He went apeshit trying to do so much he wanted to do, use so many ideas and so on he probably couldnt focus much because he was wanting to do a lot, probably too much really. He tried to make a good game and for all purposes it is good, but you can he took everything he could think of, including the kitchen sink, put it all in a canon and strapped it to a rocket and shot it all into a playstation.

But really I want him to make his next game be what HE wants. Honestly I am sick of movie studios, game developers, etc all trying to please people. I don't want him to make a game that I want, I want to see his ideas and his perception in a video game. Too much creativity is lost these days for the sake of making others happy. We need more Tarantino's and kojimas to do what they want and not apologize if some people don't like it.

Whatever it is I hope it's different, intricate and interesting. Because he is good at those things.

Aion002

Nah... I want him to go nuts in weird stuff.

But... I am okay with whatever he decides.... however for me supernatural/fantasy stuff is always more interesting.

Great Hair

Banned
I want him to do a colombian telenovela!!! with some dark undertone, during a post-apocalypse-like setting with flesheaters. The protagonist has to go to work, he works as a forklifter driver and has to elude all the enemies on his way to work. Has to fix his mansion, help others out and what not. Take care of his zombie daughter, getting more zombie every day until the day he has to put her to sleep!

One day he find his wife cheating with a zombie!! Oh the drama ... and one of the zombies is portrayed by Geoff!

OL AIM SEING MOAR WIERD STAF!OKEI!

-Arcadia-

Banned
I just want him to make whatever he wants.

I would have never wanted the concept for DS in a million years, or even thought of it, but it stands miles apart from every generic, endlessly-focus-tested game at its level, and takes me back to when big titles could actually be something radically new and surprising.

DS wasn’t always a hit with me, but I loved many, many aspects of it, and being the most fascinating, fresh, memorable blockbuster game I’ve played in forever really went a long way. I even think the terrain systems (if not the package carrying : P ) and many ideas here, could spread to other games.

Let me refine my statement, actually. Whatever he wants, but I hope he keeps plunging into the unknown.

Bryank75

Banned
Yes I did say that I really enjoyed DS but too fantasy and so much is happening like he wants to put every weird idea in there !

ok enough of that lol .. what the hell is kojima doing in his office ALONE in the DARK ?

here is the pic he tweeted about :
51WGRdY.jpg
Noticed The Wired magazine and the OG Walkman cover for his MP3 player..... I'm guessing another deal with Sony is on the table.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Noticed The Wired magazine and the OG Walkman cover for his MP3 player..... I'm guessing another deal with Sony is on the table.

That’s just the kind of subtle hint he’d do, if we’re not looking too much into it.

It probably makes sense for both to partner again; Sony must have been the most supportive publisher in the world, or close, to fully support, and not question or interfere at all with this crazy concept. I’m also sure they don’t mind a massive exclusive for PS5 either.

I’ll follow him wherever he goes, in any case. Even if I buy a console and his next game is not on there, I have no problem picking up the other just for Kojima. Wouldn’t be the first time.

Bryank75

Banned
That’s just the kind of subtle hint he’d do, if we’re not looking too much into it.

It probably makes sense for both to partner again; Sony must have been the most supportive publisher in the world, or close, to fully support, and not question or interfere at all with this crazy concept. I’m also sure they don’t mind a massive exclusive for PS5 either.

I’ll follow him wherever he goes, in any case. Even if I buy a console and his next game is not on there, I have no problem picking up the other just for Kojima. Wouldn’t be the first time.
Yup, I basically bought a PS3 just for MGS4.

ethomaz

Banned
After Death Stranding he has white card to do anything he wants.

Let’s if he can top the absolutely perfection of Death Strading.

LordOfChaos

let the man do whatever he wants. you can say whatever you want about death standing but its indeed a unique experience. more please

Yep, I had my doubts about it during its production, but it ended up a very unique experience, that seems like what a fair amount of gamers asked for. Games that move beyond just shooting everything that moves on screen, that focus on exploration and connection. Those have their place and always will, but let Kojima be his own crazypants creative self.

Last edited:
Top Bottom