• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions opening film, TV and music division in LA

Bartski

Gold Member
Based in Los Angeles, California, the new division is designed to take the game studio's games to other pop culture areas. The new team will be led by Riley Russell, who joins the company after a nearly 28-year stint at PlayStation in various roles, including chief legal officer, and VP of business affairs.
The new division will be tasked with working with creative and talented professionals in television, music and film, as well as the more familiar games industry
Kojima Productions' business development manager Yoshiko Fukuda added: "Finding new ways to entertain, engage and offer value to our fans is essential in a fast-moving, ever changing storytelling world. Our new division will take the studio into even more areas that present our creative narratives beyond videogames and to open up ways for our fans to communicate and immerse themselves in these spaces."

Death Stranding Heart GIF

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
He will either create a name for himself in the movie industry or crash and laughed by everyone else.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Awesome. I hope he is hard at work on his next game though. I like to think he is trying to create a shorter window between announcement and release this time.

Deerock71

Kojima finally gets to make pedantic films that dribble on endlessly about minutae minus the gameplay. Seinfeld already did that, and then Larry David also did that.

nush

Gold Member
He will either create a name for himself in the movie industry or crash and laughed by everyone else.

He's getting high on his own supply. This project will get hyped, struggle and fade without any long term legacy. Might get some good trailers though.

Bartski

Gold Member
Even tho I think he's lightyears better game systems designer than a writer, good for him. I just hope it's not about doing hybrid game/tv stuff like Quantum Break.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I have heard LA is super expensive to live in and you’re also competing with everyone else who moved to LA for the entertainment industry.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Kojima fans when Kojima releases his first movie: "wow amazing Kojima-san, best thing ever!!!!!!!!!!"
Every single normal fucking person on the planet: "what the fuck was this random shit we just watched?"

Guilty_AI

As a fan of his games, i don't think he'd make good movies. Though they'd still definitely be pretty entertaining to watch.

Last edited:

sinnergy

A prequel to death strand , a movie , how it all began. Right after the movie , death stranding remaster and death stranding 2 , tides of sand. Think about it .

Last edited:

Ryu Kaiba

Hope we get to see his next project soon. For some reason, it seems like the only thing people expect from him is more Death Stranding stuff.

Ribi

Plz no if it's anything like death strandings plot these things are gonna suck. We already have shit plots in Hollywood we don't need more like del Toro that's already a bad sign

MrFunSocks

Banned
Good lord I can only imagine the train wrecks that this could create. Kojima is a terrible storyteller, director, producer, and writer. Could set a new record for movie length and pretentiousness.

Kojima fans when Kojima releases his first movie: "wow amazing Kojima-san, best thing ever!!!!!!!!!!"
Every single normal fucking person on the planet: "what the fuck was this random shit we just watched?"
I'd be relieved if whatever movie he makes is Kojima's typical weird random shit, considering what the big media outlets have been producing lately.

Renoir

MGS proper movie incoming?
Would love to have a series like the Amazon Jack Ryan, but with MGS skin..

Top Bottom