• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions' Next Game Announcement Coming 'Quite Soon'

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Kojima Pro in-house composer Ludvig Forssell says

And tomorrow is a Wednesday 😂
Chris Pratt Oh Snap GIF

matty3092

Really hope that Death Stranding PS5 edition is the "important news incoming" but we've been through this roller coaster so many times over the years with many different developers I'm not holding my breath it doesn't even specify its related to anything Kojima lol

Perrott

Gold Member

He has been working on stuff completely unrelated to his job at Kojima Productions for some months now, so given how this "news" only have come from his personal Twitter account and not Kojima's or the studio's official account, I would say that tomorrow's news won't be related to Death Stranding EX or KJP's next game.

rolandss

I think Death Stranding is a one-time concept. I would love something as refreshing as Death Stranding, but I'm afraid that he's more into horror and I'm not a fan of horror games. Even though he used Decima engine, Death Stranding feels exactly like MGS5 but refined, would love the same mechanics for another fresh tactical game as I don't think he'll ever work on MGS again.
Konami own the IP for Metal Gear and I don't see him going back to them for another game, soon at least. Maybe in 5-10 years they'll patch things up and there'll be a big announcement they've mended ties, but for now I'm expecting a horror game which is a shame because it's a genre I don't like (unless it's Dead Space. I loved Dead Space).

nowhat

So an announcement for an announcement. I guess that's a little bit better than a roadmap for a roadmap, but not by much.

saintjules

Death Stranding was perfect.
No need for a sequel.
Agreed. I wonder why people are thinking it's the new announcement. Clearly it's a whole different game at the very least.

Andnas a side note, they can announce their definitive edition or whatever upgrade we're getting for DS. Been holding off for a while for this.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
On paper death stranding 2 makes sense, what happens in post war bridge America? Could be a story there.

I want him to double down on DS mechanics just to spite the philistines who belittle it. That game was amazing.

Yall want to play MGS1-3, they already exist. Go play them again.

Fuck this endless remake shit. That's the one thing Kojima needs to stay the fuck away from. Give it to Bluepoint or whatever if needed.

Last edited:
I want him to double down on DS mechanics just to spite the philistines who belittle it. That game was amazing.

Yall want to play MGS1-3, they already exist. Go play them again.

Fuck this endless remake shit. That's the one thing Kojima needs to stay the fuck away from. Give it to Bluepoint or whatever if needed.
This, and just remaster the twin snakes and ask someone else to remake mg1-2, then stop

Bluepoint's mgs1 re-remake, for me an useless waste of time and resources, and the risk to fuck everything is high

carlosrox

Banned
ZiVFmk7.jpg

RAMBO Videogame PLS

Think about it.

MGSV: Combat: pick/plan mission + loadout, landing zones & extraction points..
Death Stranding: Traversal element
MGS3: Stealth/Survival

FFFFUUUUU

I'd seriously love this.

Games really need to get on high quality games based on movies.

Robocop
Terminator
Blade Runner

Sky's the limit.

I do hope it's a horror game though and I have a feeling it is. Didn't Kojima already hint at this?

Thirty7ven

Banned
Either he is trolling or it's not a PS game

Pretty sure it's not. Its the failed Stadia project that Kojima brought to MS. Would explain the Koji Pro statuette in that Phil Spencer video.

Now I'm just dying to know if Kojima has once again decided to con the publisher, like he did Konami, and use Sony tech (Decima) to build his PC/Xbox game or if he's going with Unreal.

Last edited:

Arkam

Going out on a limb and saying “quite soon” is an anagram for “O-Question”. So wtf does that mean? Well in Japanese swords the slightly longer/bigger katana is an O-katana. My understanding is that it (roughly) translates to “Great” Katana.

So O-Question would mean “Great Question” which after Death Stranding sounds/feels very Kojima.

Now what that means for the game, your guess is as good as mine.

shoegaze

Kojima should be put aside as an idea man in his own company. He'd be great.

-What about making it so your shoes get stuck in a mud, and then you have to walk barefoot and get prickles in your feet or two, and then have to use pliers to get them out, but to use pliers you'd have to sit on a cold ass stone and that way your poo gets frozen deep inside your rectum and you can't make shit bombs anymore?
-No, Kojimbo.
-Please, Bruce...

And then we'd get a good game out of him.

Top Bottom