• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Productions 5 years Anniversary Update - live December 16th 12AM (NYC), 5AM (UK), 6AM (CET) and 2PM (JP)

xV5sgqC.jpg

I never got around to Death Stranding due to backlog and other games and earlier this year I just held off in case there was going to be a PS5 upgrade for the game. Really hoping this gets announced tomorrow: 4K 60fps - dynamic 4K with some upscaling is absolutely fine with pushing the settings up to max - and DualSense support would be a dream come true for this game.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
Mega bombshell:
Silent Hills re-announced.

Really doubt it, same as with the Microsoft takeover rumor.
Spotlight for announcements of this caliber is always to the PR benefit of whoever pays the money. If he was involved in Sony's Silent Hill that would certainly be happening at a Sony event.

My bet is it'll be a huge nothing burger, some kind of a self-congratulating reel with an update from Hideo that he's alive and working on something new he can't talk about.

I still think that Kojima signed with Epic, following in the footsteps of his pals at Remedy. I'm prepared to eat crow on that. I will be genuinely surprised if he's with Sony. Even more surprised if he's with Microsoft.

Blond

Banned
Death Stranding PS5 update please.

This is a game made for the controller features.

in hindsight you know damn well Kojipro studios has a dev kit. Some studios have had one for 2 years, a lot of gameplay decisions make perfect sense now

I really doubt it will be anything new... TGA was last week and since Kojima and Keighley are pals, it would certainly have appeared in the event as 'world premiere'.

Probably Death Stranding update for PS5. Hopefully free upgrade

GrayChild

Gold Member
Kojima reannounces Silent Hills for PS5 and PC.
Kojima Productions is collaborating with FROM Software on Elden Ring.
Kojima confirmed as executive producer on Bluepoint's MGS remake.
Kojima Productions will assist CDPR with the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077
Kojima is running for president in 2024.

The live feed features Hideo Kojima. Narrated by Hideo Kojima. Script by Hideo Kojima. Camerawork by Hideo Kojima. Produced by Hideo Kojima. Wardrobe by Hideo Kojima. PR by Hideo Kojima.

You heard it all here. MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima can confirm all of this as well.

Last edited:

Javthusiast

Banned
Kojima reannounces Silent Hills for PS5 and PC.
Kojima Productions is collaborating with FROM Software on Elden Ring.
Kojima confirmed as executive producer on Bluepoint's MGS remake.
Kojima Productions will assist CDPR with the next-gen versions of Cyberpunk 2077
Kojima is running for president in 2024.

The live feed features Hideo Kojima. Narrated by Hideo Kojima. Script by Hideo Kojima. Camerawork by Hideo Kojima. Produced by Hideo Kojima. Wardrobe by Hideo Kojima. PR by Hideo Kojima.

You heard it all here. MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima can confirm all of this as well.

496621.jpg

;)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood

So what's it gonna be? The rumored Microsoft acquisition? News on the next project?

And the fanboys will have to learn each other's lines...

Xbox fans: I've always thought Kojima was a genius, I can't wait to see what he does next when given full creative freedom

PS Fans: Death Stranding was a shit walking/carrying simulator, don't want to play his games anyway

Kerotan

For my friends sake I hope its the ps5 upgrade! He's been holding off playing for ages lol.

I'd have another playthrough too preferably with a new game plus.

Sorcerer

Kojima typically does a second version of most of his games, I can only guess Death Stranding "Substance" for PS5.

Dabaus

Banned
Likely:

Death Stranding to get PS5 update/upgrade.
Small teaser on next project.
Presentation on how Koji Prod grew over the years.

Mega bombshell:

Silent Hills re-announced.
Sony acquired the rights to MGS and Koji Prod in charge of MGS1 remake.
Teaser trailer for MGS movie.

Its probably a Now Hiring trailer. Kojima productions is probably more likely to be disbanded than any of those bombshells to be honest.

Last edited:

bbeach123

kojima is perfect for horror game like silent hill . His cutscene and atmosphere is up there , and his nonsense mindfuck bullshit story pretty fit too .

Last edited:

Sorcerer

I don't think Kojima will ever do another Metal Gear, even if Sony could acquire it. Didn't Kojima feel like a slave at Konami because that's pretty much all they wanted him to do? Also if another Metal Gear is a hit it would put him in that loop again and every game he does that is not Metal Gear will be compared to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom