• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Pro update Death Stranding with Cyberpunk 2077 crossover content (PC version only)

Who cares about this garbage game, me and many were burned with this game, thinking there was no way kojima was going make a bad game, turns out he sold us some silly walking simulator.

I think this will the last real console generation.

Lol they say that every generation yet here we are where no one can find a ps5 anywhere, there will be ps6 and ps7 don't worry, but do think we are heading to more of a subscription service like gamepass, as games are getting to expensive to make.

scydrex

So no update for PS5? At least 60FPS? Kojima Pro forgot about this game on console already. Only interested in PC now...

Aggelos

Consoles are slowly becoming irrelevant

Well, I guess the figures speak all by themselves.

""Of those nearly 3.1 billion players, only about 8% are dedicated console consumers, but this group has the highest per-user spending.
1.5 billion, or 48% of global video game consumers, are PC game consumers. It's important to note, however, that this includes some overlap with gamers that also use console systems and mobile devices.""

mcjmetroid

This might seem like an out there question.

But did they ever patch around the AVX instructions necessary to play this game?

I have a very old CPU but a very capable cpu. Horizon Zero dawn patched it I believe, cypepunk has a mod online to get around it

This is the only game left. I'm dying to give it a go but I know for a fact when I launch it... It wont launch haha.

Haven't seen anything in the patch notes about it so I guess not.

TriSuit666

Banned
Easter eggs and references aren't spoilers. Keanu's 'breathtaking' pose is in the photo mode :O

They bloody are.

And of course it is, there's even a Matrix 'Guns, lots of guns' advert.

(Next you'll tell me the Mortal Kombat Easter Egg isn't a spoiler, when it relates to Main Job)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
This is awesome. I really should pick it up on PC soon. I absolutely loved my playthrough on PS4 Pro, but I'm not sure I want to go back and play it all again.

imsosleepy

There were some rumors Sony wasn't happy with the game, so maybe the two aren't on the best of terms.
On another note, I think the PC user only dwarfs others (except mobile) if we include the F2P crowd. For "normal" games, PS is still more popular.
kojima has made it known that sony was not happy with the e3 trailer that was very peaceful and showed alot of walking. That was the first gameplay trailer and the walking simulator memes started.
I loved that trailer, thought it was amazing but sony management did not lol. Someone had a convo with Kojima and he said ''great trailer!''
Kojima replied: ''tell that to Sony''

Guilty_AI

kojima has made it known that sony was not happy with the e3 trailer that was very peaceful and showed alot of walking. That was the first gameplay trailer and the walking simulator memes started.
I loved that trailer, thought it was amazing but sony management did not lol. Someone had a convo with Kojima and he said ''great trailer!''
Kojima replied: ''tell that to Sony''
yeah, kinda sad since this is the sort of thing that stifles innovation in the AAA industry.
I'm currently playing the game and i think that it has very well designed mechanics, addictive even, there was clearly a lot of work and thought put into them, the moment when you're inadvertently given a thermonuclear bomb to be delivered to south knot city was absolutely brilliant. But because "it looks boring" many people don't want to even give it the time of the day, and thus investors who are looking to sell 7M copies and not just 3M will be less willing to give it a chance.

Thats why for the last few years i've been mostly into AA and indie games.

Last edited:

A.Romero

Probably coming with the inevitable PS5 remaster.

I don't see why Kojima not offering the same to Sony but I can easily see Sony not interested in investing in a PS4 game any longer.

Guilty_AI

I guarantee games like COD aren’t going survive on cloud based services. Hardware consoles have plenty of life in them, they are just becoming PCs themselves.
i'd say less PCs and more "entertainment centers". I think if cloud gaming became indistinguishable from the real thing, it could very well spell the doom of consoles since you could just download an APP on your smart TV to play a game.
I don't see that happening any time soon though, digital comms afaik never had ultra low latency in mind when they were implemented, which doesn't really make it adequate for the millisecond response often required in games, unlike with videos.

Last edited:

Mentat02

Banned
Kojima has found out that the PC community loves his games. I guarantee every single game he will be releasing in the future will be on PC day one.

I think he knows that from mgs1 pc times.

Nobody on pc gave many flying fucks about metal gear solid games. Even with the 5th. Its mostly sony fans who want to believe those were good games, or that they "invented" stealth(by ignoring the games that actually inventerd stealth) or by claiming mgs invented cinematic games (ignoring that PC had FMV games for a decade before mgs).

Its only Death Stranding that resonated this well with the platform.

ZywyPL

Banned
Well, I guess the figures speak all by themselves.

""Of those nearly 3.1 billion players, only about 8% are dedicated console consumers, but this group has the highest per-user spending.
1.5 billion, or 48% of global video game consumers, are PC game consumers. It's important to note, however, that this includes some overlap with gamers that also use console systems and mobile devices.""

This got me thinking that the 3BLN figure (which especially MS is keen to use recently) is "a bit" over-optimistic, because it measures the platforms/units, not the actual users, and there are many many many people who play on two, three, or even more platforms, so sometimes a figure of 5 is actually the one same person. Like realistically, that would mean every second person you see on a daily basis plays video games, doesn't matter if it's a toddler or a 70+ elder, it just doesn't sum up if you think about it.

Lister

Banned
There were some rumors Sony wasn't happy with the game, so maybe the two aren't on the best of terms.
On another note, I think the PC user only dwarfs others (except mobile) if we include the F2P crowd. For "normal" games, PS is still more popular.

I doubt this very much. But it's hard to determine how large the audience on pc is for these types of games. In terms of just how many pc gamers have the hardware to play this type of game the number is larger than the ps4 install base for sure, but probably doesn't "dwarf" it.

And I would know.

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Kojima has found out that the PC community loves his games. I guarantee every single game he will be releasing in the future will be on PC day one.

He has signed exclusivity deals and will hold to those. He can only release on PC if the deal allows him.

Umbral

How about you unlock the frame rate for PS5? Fuck, Kojima. I love you buddy, but come on.

I tried to play Death Stranding on PS5 the other day and it felt like someone was pouring sawdust into my eyes after playing nothing but 60fps games. I’m a frame slut now thanks to PS5.

Last edited:
Top Bottom