• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima Pro update Death Stranding with Cyberpunk 2077 crossover content (PC version only)

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch

Death Stranding is 50% off on Steam right now

Exclusive to PC this FREE update for DEATH STRANDING contains six new missions featuring characters and lore from Cyberpunk 2077, a game that needs no introduction. What’s more, players can expect exclusive items and an all-new Hacking function. Oh and it’s OUT NOW!

Porters can now get hands on with several unlockable aesthetic and equipment items, including:

• Cyberpunk 2077 themed Reverse Trike vehicle with improved jumping power
• “Silver Hand” modelled after Johnny Silverhand’s robotic arm that can be equipped and used in game
• New holograms including a SAMURAI symbol signboard and a Atlas Trauma Team vehicle hologram for certain constructions
• Several fashion items including Johnny Silverhand’s sunglasses

As mentioned, in addition to the above, this DEATH STRANDING x Cyberpunk 2077 PC update also introduces a new Hacking function that Sam Bridges can use in combat to target enemy machines. Porters will have the ability to stop Mule sensor poles from activating for a limited time, stun enemy Odradeks and hack Mule trucks to stop them in their tracks.

Last edited:

GrayChild

Gold Member
So many thoughts and emotions going through my head right now.

1. Does that mean Kojima is a transphobe? Can't wait for him to get cancelled by REEEEEEEEEEera.

2. The PC version of Death Stranding is officially the definitive one now.

3. HOLY SHIT, THAT'S AMAZING!

4. My Red Dead Redemption II run will have to wait... again.

5. CDPR weren't kidding when they said they'll work hard on more updates. I think they patched the wrong game though.

6. No PS4 version of this update, 'cause no one wants Death Stranding to start running with 15FPS, eh?

7. MiyazakiHatesKojima MiyazakiHatesKojima GET ITT!!!

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
nice. i bought it on PC just before Cyberpunk came out. i'll go back to it when i'm done with Cyberpunk.

I guess the rumours of Kojima not caring about PlayStation anymore are true. No next gen update no cyberpunk...
Fuck, I might need to get into PC gaming now.

This is kinda sad tbh, as us PlayStation Peasants were the main ones supporting this game so this is kinda a middle finger to us, but I'll just get PC down the line and get this for it.
A feature update.....only on PC.

Fuck me what a slap in the face for us PlayStation peasants. Not cool Kojima.

Give us a PS5 update, or at least BC in 60fps dammit.

the salt is strong here.

Last edited:

DonJorginho

Banned
Not just that... but also PlayStation's excellent in-house tech (Guerilla's engine) when they had none of their own.
Kojima is dead to me and Jim Ryan, I'm burning all my Hideo Kojima related merch and games as we speak, from now on we call him Fraudeo Kuckjima.

Nah being serious though, this sucks but us PS gamers have had so many great exclusives and timed deals that I can't be angry about this, I'll just get into PC gaming quicker than I was expecting to play this!

DonJorginho

Banned
nice. i bought it on PC just before Cyberpunk came out. i'll go back to it when i'm done with Cyberpunk.

the salt is strong here.
I see you ignored my latest post saying that we can't be angry about this as we live off exclusives at PlayStation! This will get me into PC gaming anyway, thanks Kojima for finally making me make the move!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I see you ignored my latest post saying that we can't be angry about this as we live off exclusives at PlayStation! This will get me into PC gaming anyway, thanks Kojima for finally making me make the move!
how can i ignore something if i didn't see it? i posted before you.

SCB3

Ah I'm still on the fence of double dipping on the PC version, I really enjoyed Death Stranding eventually, it's those first few hours that are tedious

the salt is strong here.

I mean, the exclusives features for PC are fine and all, but this is a sort of strange move considering Death Stranding probably sold best on PlayStation.

I mean, the exclusives features for PC are fine and all, but this is a sort of strange move considering Death Stranding probably sold best on PlayStation.

It means it sold best on PC if they're doing this. PC has become a jugernaut in the last years that consistently outsels xbox one by a large margin and is very close to ps4 or outsells it.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
if it sold so well then Kojima would've put it out on consoles.

face the truth, the PC version is the definitive version. same goes for Cyberpunk. best played on PC.

ClosBSAS

Yeah great business decision. Associate yourself with Cyberpunk 2077 with everything going on from refunds to apologies. Brilliant.
what? am pretty sure you would not say the same thing if it was bethesda. i think for you it goes beyond the bugs and refunds....maybe you dont like CDPR, but fact is death stranding sold more on PC than it did on playstation where fans didnt even respect kojima with sales.

ClosBSAS

correct me if am wrong, but i am pretty sure death stranding took months and months to reach 1 million on playstation, meanwhile on pc, within a week it reached that number and in the long run, pc will sell more copies, so yes...it makes sense that they went for PC.

ClosBSAS

Ah I'm still on the fence of double dipping on the PC version, I really enjoyed Death Stranding eventually, it's those first few hours that are tedious
get a trainer and watch that game at twice the speed lol. so u dont get bored with the walking.

hemo memo

Gold Member
what? am pretty sure you would not say the same thing if it was bethesda. i think for you it goes beyond the bugs and refunds....maybe you dont like CDPR, but fact is death stranding sold more on PC than it did on playstation where fans didnt even respect kojima with sales.

Nah I would say the same if this is Bethesda or any dev and I actually love the Witcher 3 and CDPR work on it. My point is this is the worse time to attache your game to Cyberpunk. Why? Do a simple google search and see what comes up for news.

Guilty_AI

...it makes sense that they went for PC.
It means it sold best on PC if they're doing this. PC has become a jugernaut in the last years that consistently outsels xbox one by a large margin and is very close to ps4 or outsells it.
if it sold so well then Kojima would've put it out on consoles.

face the truth, the PC version is the definitive version. same goes for Cyberpunk. best played on PC.
I think its more likely related to the fact that the PS version of CP2077 is still messy.
Putting cyberpunk content on the PS version of DS could've been seen as a slap in the face for many players there.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
Nah I would say the same if this is Bethesda or any dev and I actually love the Witcher 3 and CDPR work on it. My point is this is the worse time to attache your game to Cyberpunk. Why? Do a simple google search and see what comes up for news.
do you think Kojima pulled this all out his ass over the last week? this was planned for weeks/months. long before the internet threw a shitfit and decided hating on CDPR/Cyberpunk was the cool thing to do.

if the console kiddies were happy with the game it'd be a totally different story.

Reactions: Fbh

//DEVIL//

Didn’t Sony fund this game ? Wtf why ? Does this have anything to do with CP2077 marketing with MS ?
Couldn’t be as it’s a different game.
But I honestly thought at this point they will announce a PS5 remastered version with all dlc and updated graphics .

Wtf zero logic .

Oh, I didn’t know that. What confused me is, didn’t Somy pay for the funding of this game like SF5? That’s why I thought it was strange that he would do that. I thought I heard it hit over 3 million on PS4 or something, but that could be inaccurate. Then again, the PC user base probably dwarfs even the PS4 by a good margin, so maybe it’s not so surprising if it sold well.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
do you think Kojima pulled this all out his ass over the last week? this was planned for weeks/months. long before the internet threw a shitfit and decided hating on CDPR/Cyberpunk was the cool thing to do.

if the console kiddies were happy with the game it'd be a totally different story.

? Have you played the game on consoles? People are mad because they bought a broken product. It is justified as this is not a charity. What is worse is because the fucked up polices of store platform holders, they can’t even return the damn thing.

Guilty_AI

Oh, I didn’t know that. What confused me is, didn’t Somy pay for the funding of this game like SF5? That’s why I thought it was strange that he would do that. I thought I heard it hit over 3 million on PS4 or something, but that could be inaccurate. Then again, the PC user base probably dwarfs even the PS4 by a good margin, so maybe it’s not so surprising if it sold well.
There were some rumors Sony wasn't happy with the game, so maybe the two aren't on the best of terms.
On another note, I think the PC user only dwarfs others (except mobile) if we include the F2P crowd. For "normal" games, PS is still more popular.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Already double dipped when the game hit PC. Maybe my GOTY last year. Just absolutely incredible. I’m only 3/4 the way through my current game so I can’t wait to dive back in and find this stuff. Well if I can put down Cyberpunk, that is...

Fbh

Weird that it's PC only. But cool update.

So, PS4 version would be bugged if it receive a C2077 patch probably.

Lol.
Ps4 gets an exclusive update which makes the game run at 720p and 15fps for the true Cyberpunk feeling

Last edited:
Top Bottom