• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kojima and Junji Ito are working on a horror game

"I do know director Kojima and we have been in conversation that he may have a horror-based game that he may be doing, and so he has invited me to work on that, but there are no details on it yet. "

I wonder if Kojima's vision of "Silent Hills" will be coming back under a different name and with Junji in the equation. I so cannot wait to see the creature designs.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-4.18.28-PM.png

Last edited:

Naibel

I would love seeing this game stylized like a Junji Ito manga : black & white, maybe cell-shaded, rough-looking and very detailled. That's where his brand of body horror truly shines. Hard to pull off but something worth looking into.

Silent Hills was a missed opportunity for the duo but I hope they gonna complete their vision this time. Add former team Silent members into the mix and it would be a match made in heaven :messenger_smiling_hearts: Arrgh, can't wait !

UnNamed

Banned
They were working together on Silent Hills, and when the game was canned I was worried about they would never worked together again. I'm glad I was wrong, Ito is a genius.

Kokoloko85

Kojima will make an awesome horror game No doubt.

But Id rather something closer to his bread and butter action/stealth

KOMANI

KOMANI
Q: Are you involved in any video game development at the moment?

A: The simple answer is,“No”.

34 minutes in

They were working together on Silent Hills, and when the game was canned I was worried about they would never worked together again. I'm glad I was wrong, Ito is a genius.
Ito never worked on PT. He was asked if he’d work on it, but he didnt do any work for the project.

Last edited:

Aion002

I stand corrected. Then he's a pretentious, over rated game designer, director and writer. Happy?
Sure.... Over rated....The dude just created Metal Gear a series that to this day is still relevant and influenced a shit ton of games.... And Kojima won a shit ton of prizes and awards and is respected by pretty much everyone on the industry, since 86 he keeps being relevant, having tons of fans... He also made beloved games like Snatcher, Policenauts, Zone of the Enders and others, including a demo that got a lot of praise and love... Overated sure..... I guess you are more of a Randy Pitchford type of guy, right?

SkylineRKR

I love Kojima.

I love how pretentious and ridiculous his storylines are. Its keeps me coming back and its certainly more interesting than the story of an annual Assassins Creed. His games have a certain uniqueness behind them, and they're generally insane. If you're going to dissect it, then you can burn it to the ground but thats the charm of it.

Last edited:

KOMANI

KOMANI
Sure.... Over rated....The dude just created Metal Gear a series that to this day is still relevant and influenced a shit ton of games.... And Kojima won a shit ton of prizes and awards and is respected by pretty much everyone on the industry, since 86 he keeps being relevant, having tons of fans... He also made beloved games like Snatcher, Policenauts, Zone of the Enders and others, including a demo that got a lot of praise and love... Overated sure..... I guess you are more of a Randy Pitchford type of guy, right?
He didnt make Zone of Enders. He only produced Zone of Enders, edited the opening cutscene, and helped choose the music. Noriaki Okamura wrote and directed ZOE and was inspired by Evangelion. Kojima did come up with the game design for Boktai, but didn’t write or direct that either.

Aion002

He didnt make Zone of Enders. He only produced Zone of Enders, edited the opening cutscene, and helped choose the music. Noriaki Okamura wrote and directed ZOE and was inspired by Evangelion. Kojima did come up with the game design for Boktai, but didn’t write or direct that either.
Yeah my bad... Still, a better producer than many others.

No, I'm more of 'people that make games I enjoy playing' type of guy.

Juni Ito? That’s exciting and will be more exciting if Kojima didn’t use celebrities’s faces for the characters in this game.
Kojima wants to be HollyWood so bad that he's willing to put 30% of the budget on actors, he doesn't care about gamers, i don't know who's he's trying to impress with his dumb princess beach bullsh!t.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Kojima wants to be HollyWood so bad that he's willing to put 30% of the budget on actors, he doesn't care about gamers, i don't know who's he's trying to impress with his dumb princess beach bullsh!t.

LOL It was a Bionic Woman in-joke. Guess you have to be of a certain age to get the reference, but Lindsay Wagner running is slow-motion is unforgettably iconic if you were a kid in the 1970's.

He is a Game designer, director and writer, not a game developer and you know when you directed and produce the Metal Gear Series, I think you could have some ego. The dude is not Neil Druckmann.
Neil Druckmann isn't one, Kojima literally calls himself a game developer.

Junji Ito's art has to be the most disturbing art out there right? It would be interesting to see if it could translate into a game.

Top Bottom