• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby & the Forgotten Land |OT| You Are What You Eat

mortal

Gold Member
KIRBY-at-FL-OT-Header-v2.png

INFO.png

⭐A NEW WORLD TO EXPLORE⭐
Join Kirby in an unforgettable journey through a mysterious world in a delightful 3D platforming adventure.
Take control of the powerful pink puffball, Kirby, and move around freely in 3D stages as you discover a mysterious world with abandoned structures from a past civilization

⭐UNLEASH POWERFUL ABILITIES⭐
• Copy enemies’ abilities and use them to attack and explore your surroundings.
• Copy Abilities can evolve into more powerful versions
• Kirby can inhale real-world objects and transform using Mouthful Mode.
• Look for special objects throughout each level for Kirby to use this new talent on.
Use Light-Bulb Mouth to light the way, Arch Mouth to glide through the air, Car Mouth to race past your enemies, and many more.​

⭐PLAY TOGETHER⭐
Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend to help out in co-op play on the same system as Bandana Waddle Dee.​

⭐MEDIA⭐
•Screenshots•​

scdrv7.jpg
8da36d655ecde1c9edb046c852e658e05b26c4295f91f08d06aa1aab23148da2.jpg

54ca0ace902267ac014b4c3dfef7eead2ed86b92bc7d5e4e4db7786a753e08f2.jpg
7710ef3b7fe04065427fce7bff4ca2b504ff57fb79ceaa90998d49193a10a90a.jpg

kirby-and-the-forgotten-land-011222-13.jpg
oficial-3591003b.jpg

•Trailers•

⭐MORE FUN WITH amiibo™⭐
Unlock helpful in-game items and more with compatible amiibo™ accessories.

Last edited:

Shifty

Smashing work, OP. That logo animation and use of alpha are top.

Took a minute for the game to click with me, but it really comes into its own after a while. Currently digging through the post-game content and having a grand time.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I’m loving it. The big objects are a lot of fun to use. At first it looks like it will slow things down, but it keeps the same pace. The car and cone are fun to use. I’m way into the second area, clearing out all the bonus levels. Upgrading Kirby’s moves has been a blast. All I can say is that’s it’s a wonderful Kirby game, but definitely don’t play 2 hours in a row. I think that goes without saying for some players. It was well worth the purchase.

Isa

Gold Member
Thanks for the OT. Great game so far. Nice to see some devs still have that magic in creating fun organic and appealing worlds. Good animations too. It has that level of detail where I want to mess around in the environment to see how and if things react to me. My only complaint would be the co-op sidekick, who though is cool, I'd rather have another Kirby type of character so that my girl and I could both take part in Kirby's neat abilities. I get the Mouthful mode with two Kirby's could maybe be an issue but there's got to be a way. Still love it though and its really helping her get used to 3D action platforming, getting used to spatial awareness and changing controls in relation to where the camera is. I think the game camera helps with that a lot. Very well made game, glad to see Kirby still around and doing great so many years on.

Shifty

Good animations too. It has that level of detail where I want to mess around in the environment to see how and if things react to me.
Yeah, for sure - like the way Kirby's leading foot swaps each time you do a jump, the taunts that exist solely for player expression and interacting with the waddle dees in town, or the way the birds in the opening forest are actually singing the main theme if you listen carefully. Such small, non-critical touches, but good ones.

Or that adorable little holographic HUD on the space helmet :messenger_smiling_hearts:

I get that sense that those subtle bits of polish and attention to detail were a point of focus for this game - things like the above, 'hidden' moves like the sword slide combo, novel uses for non-hidden moves like the cutter's new 3D charge attack. The list goes on - great stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa

TexMex

Can’t believe how much I’m loving it. Right place and time I think. I’ve been sick as hell and in bed since Friday. Easy, breezy romp. 30fps doesn’t bother me like I thought it would and the soundtrack is wonderful. It’s been a nice break from grinding on the Elden Ring platinum. Haven’t enjoyed a Kirby game this much in years.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I finally got my I'm really enjoying it, the game looks gorgeous! After intense games like Elden Ring and Triangle Strategy, this is the perfect game to play and chill out.

So what’s the consensus on this one here? I loved Mario Odyssey and was looking for a game my 4 year old daughter and I can play together. She’s not very used to video games but likes exploring as Luigi in LM3.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Thread still on page one after a week. Says everything that needs to be said about the reception Kirby gets among the “core gamers” crowd, and shines a new light on that “Nintendo fans will buy everything!” narrative.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
KIRBY-at-FL-OT-Header-v2.png

INFO.png

⭐A NEW WORLD TO EXPLORE⭐
Join Kirby in an unforgettable journey through a mysterious world in a delightful 3D platforming adventure.
Take control of the powerful pink puffball, Kirby, and move around freely in 3D stages as you discover a mysterious world with abandoned structures from a past civilization

⭐UNLEASH POWERFUL ABILITIES⭐
• Copy enemies’ abilities and use them to attack and explore your surroundings.
• Copy Abilities can evolve into more powerful versions
• Kirby can inhale real-world objects and transform using Mouthful Mode.
• Look for special objects throughout each level for Kirby to use this new talent on.
Use Light-Bulb Mouth to light the way, Arch Mouth to glide through the air, Car Mouth to race past your enemies, and many more.​

⭐PLAY TOGETHER⭐
Pass a Joy-Con™ controller to a friend to help out in co-op play on the same system as Bandana Waddle Dee.​

⭐MEDIA⭐
•Screenshots•

•Trailers•

⭐MORE FUN WITH amiibo™⭐
Unlock helpful in-game items and more with compatible amiibo™ accessories.

Excellent OP :).

Celcius

°Temp. member
I didn’t think I’d be able to do it but I just got 100% completion. The game is just so much fun and so easy to keep playing. Thankfully getting the target times on the treasure road courses wasn’t required, just completing them was enough. This is my second favorite Kirby game of all time, behind only Kirby superstar saga on the SNES.

Also, another good subtitle for this thread would have been:

Kirby and the Forgotten Land |OT| Nobody’s Forgetting This Land 🙂

Last edited:

Aldric

I'm at world 4. Genuinely surprised at how much I'm enjoying the game. I've never been a Kirby fan, last entry I played was the original on Gameboy, but this game is high quality. Tons of neat ideas, great level design, and honestly one of the best looking games on the system. The OST is pretty fantastic too:

Looking forward to playing more.

Shifty

I just unlocked Meta Knight sword, with perfect dodge mechanic this game can straight up play like action game.
That's what I love about the series post Super Star - on the surface it's a simple approachable kiddy platformer, but dig a little deeper and there's enough room mechanically to style on it.

I don't even care that there's no extrinsic motivation to do that - mastery is reason enough 🥷

Celcius

°Temp. member
Just checked and I’ve put in 30+ hours during my 100% play through according to my Switch

I didn’t bother to get the target times on all the treasure roads though.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The post game world is really good and has decent challenge and honestly didn't expect we get more story. currently this game is up there with Triangle Strategy and Elden Ring as my favourite game in 2022.

The post game world is really good and has decent challenge and honestly didn't expect we get more story. currently this game is up there with Triangle Strategy and Elden Ring as my favourite game in 2022.
Its definitely up there for me as well. You'd love the two main 3ds games if you haven't played them. This is probably the best Kirby though.

Yeah, I never played Kirby game before but this game definitely makes me want to try out other game in the series.
There's lots of good entries that go way back. But Forgotten Land is definitely a bit more similar to 3ds Triple Deluxe and Robobot. Really great use of 3d in side scrolling levels. And you get that super gimmick similar to mouthful mode with the mechs and triple deluxe power up. The older games before that are not bad, but worse than the 3ds ones.

CS Lurker

There's lots of good entries that go way back. But Forgotten Land is definitely a bit more similar to 3ds Triple Deluxe and Robobot. Really great use of 3d in side scrolling levels. And you get that super gimmick similar to mouthful mode with the mechs and triple deluxe power up. The older games before that are not bad, but worse than the 3ds ones.

Sorry the off-topic

Should I start with Triple Deluxe or Robobot? I have seen many saying Robobot is the best kirby (until forgotten land), so maybe I should play triple deluxe first, because the experience could be worse if played after Robobot. What do you think?

Sorry the off-topic

Should I start with Triple Deluxe or Robobot? I have seen many saying Robobot is the best kirby (until forgotten land), so maybe I should play triple deluxe first, because the experience could be worse if played after Robobot. What do you think?
I'd agree with that. They're both very similar but robobot is better.

Celcius

°Temp. member
If you want to play other Kirby games after forgotten land, the snes has two really fun ones- Kirby super star (the best Kirby game ever) and Kirby’s dream course (as a kid I bought this by mistake thinking I was getting super star but ended up really liking it)

Danjin44

That final boss in The Ultimate Cup Z was really fun and unexpectedly challenging.

Matchew

This game is fantastic. It does make me miss Nintendo Power guides. I wish I had one to help get all the waddle dees and secrets. Yeah, they are not hard to find but I love having guides with my Nintendo games. Sad.

Danjin44

This game is fantastic. It does make me miss Nintendo Power guides. I wish I had one to help get all the waddle dees and secrets. Yeah, they are not hard to find but I love having guides with my Nintendo games. Sad.
I know what you mean, even tho I 100% the game there was still some secrets that I had no idea.

**spoiler**

Top Bottom