• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kirby Canvas Curse and Animal Crossing: Wild World coming to the NA Wii U VC tomorrow

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/kirby-canvas-curse-wii-u

Draw rainbow paths as you guide Kirby through a magical adventure!

When Kirby gets turned into a ball by an evil witch, your hand-drawn rainbow paths become the only way he can find power-ups and reach the gates in each world. Stun enemies, destroy barriers, and detonate bombs—and do much more—by using the stylus. Unlock special features by collecting medals in each stage and completing in-game tasks!
Virtual Console

This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. We hope you'll enjoy the new features (including off-TV play) that have been added to this title. See more Virtual Console games for Wii U.

http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/qsHkvI98U3FQKRaPF-TzDLge9UbW-zut

Cross over to a brand-new world!

Get ready to start a new life! Whether you want to decorate your home, catch bugs or fish, join in on special events, or just chat with the locals, there's always plenty to do! Accessorize your life with over 600 new items. Design constellations, clothes, and flags. Take part in events as the seasons come and go!
Virtual Console

This classic game is part of the Virtual Console service, which brings you great games created for consoles such as NES™, Super NES™ and Game Boy™ Advance. We hope you'll enjoy the new features (including off-TV play) that have been added to this title. See more Virtual Console games for Wii U.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
CANVAS CURSE!!!!!!

Hip Hop

Are the older Animal Crossing games still relevant, given how iterative the franchise is?
Wild World stripped many things from the original, it wasn't even worth it to me when it came out. City Folk too.

I'd stick with the 3DS version but, I wouldn't be against it for nostalgia purposes.

Robin64

Are the older Animal Crossing games still relevant, given how iterative the franchise is?

There's very little reason to go backwards along the Animal Crossing path, aside from nostalgia kicks. Wild World was great, but New Leaf does everything better. Remember, also, that the Nintendo WFC components of Wild World no longer work either.

khaaan

Wasn't there some simple (assuming your Wii U is hacked) way to increase the rendering resolution of the DS games? I'm down for some sweet sweet Wild World.

Sort of. The core is solid and consistent enough for me to still find the experience enjoyable but if the idea of more fossils/fishing/bugs/turnips/events while loosing out on some QoL changes is not what you're in the mood for then I agree with people saying to stick with New Leaf.

Wild World stripped many things from the original, it wasn't even worth it to me when it came out. City Folk too.

I'd stick with the 3DS version at this point.

What did it strip? The only thing I remember being a bummer is that everyone is in one shared house rather than four individual homes. I think I still prefer the older games over New Leaf just because having so much direct control made me feel like I was the overlord of the town rather than a piece of a quirky little village. They're all fantastic games though.

HF2014

Ohhh im in for a Wii U Animal Crosssing game. Never played it. Is there ton of things you can do like New Leaf?

maxcriden

Uh oh. There goes my theory.
Anyway.
Psyched to see Canvas Curse especially with my hope all Wii U VC will be on NX soon or agter launch. I think Nintendo previously made comments indicating Wii U VC architecture was being designed to be folded into future systems.

Top Bottom