• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning adds native 4k in patch 1.08 for PS5 (other platforms already supported 4k)

cormack12

Gold Member
Source: https://twinfinite.net/2021/06/king...koning-adds-4k-support-for-ps5-in-new-update/

Kingdoms-Of-Amalur.jpg

IiNAsZ.jpg

This recent Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning update is officially dubbed 1.08, and aims to fix a plethora of stability issues and bugs, while boosting the visuals on the PS5 version of the game.

It’s worth noting, however, that the game is currently only playable on PS5 via backwards compatibility. In other words, there’s still no native version of Kingdoms Of Amalur: Re-Reckoning on next-gen consoles as of right now. That all being said, Xbox One X, Xbox Series X|S, and PC versions of the fantasy RPG already currently support native 4K.

Daymos

Wow! They've already done more patches than 38 studios did! Since, ya know, the company died like 2 weeks after launch. I love the game though, I only have the Switch version at the moment but if they're actually supporting it I'll definitely buy the PC version too. It's sure to be in the steam summer sale today.

It's just a perfect game for me. I need the direction of the WOW-style quest system to not get bored and lost, and then the combat is great! I don't care so much about a great story and characters either in my games.. which also matches up since that's not a high point of KOA.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Would like some PS5 impressions with this new patch please......i've been on and off with checking this out and now im really interested again!!

I had a blast with this game on the 360 and I was kinda hyped for the re-release. It did not age well for me. I made it about halfway through before I shelved it, technically it was fine, I just wasn't having fun with it.

Banned
But people here said that PS5 couldn't have better resolution than Pro version

I can't believe how many actually believed this. simply for the fact that if that would be true, developers could just patch in a 4K mode into the Pro version, and deactivate the ability to switch to it unless you play on a PS5. we know devs can have separate options menus in PS4Pro and PS5 versions of games (an early example was Fallen Order) so this was always a possibility.

Last edited:

omegasc

I can't believe how many actually believed this. simply for the fact that if that would be true, developers could just patch in a 4K mode into the Pro version, and deactivate the ability to switch to it unless you play on a PS5. we know devs can have separate options menus in PS4Pro and PS5 versions of games (an early example was Fallen Order) so this was always a possibility.
hmm it might not be possible to add the resolution to the PS4 profile, and then lock it to the PS5 one as you suggest.
But the dev kits are evolving and Sony might have made possible to get different resolutions on the PS5 profile now. I hope that is the case. There are a lot of games being released that could use a res bump.

Banned
hmm it might not be possible to add the resolution to the PS4 profile, and then lock it to the PS5 one as you suggest.
But the dev kits are evolving and Sony might have made possible to get different resolutions on the PS5 profile now. I hope that is the case. There are a lot of games being released that could use a res bump.

even then, just keep the option then? it wouldn't be the first game that runs like ass on last gen systems, and users don't have to use it on Pro xD

omegasc

even then, just keep the option then? it wouldn't be the first game that runs like ass on last gen systems, and users don't have to use it on Pro xD
you never know, that could trigger waves of "lazy devs" posts, not optimizing enough for the previous gen just because the PS5 is here. I bet it would be Jim Ryan's fault. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Shmunter

Not until now, no.
But Sony may well have updated the PS4/Pro SDK to allow more settings to scale.
I don’t know how they can’t put in better description or some info in the game when running on PS5. One must select Fidelity mode vs Framerate not bowing its a 60 mode now.

omegasc

I don’t know how they can’t put in better description or some info in the game when running on PS5. One must select Fidelity mode vs Framerate not bowing its a 60 mode now.
yup. Same happened to Shadow of the Tomb Raider today. High Framerate is still there, but on PS5 you should use High Resolution now that it supports 60fps in that mode as well.

cash_longfellow

Gold Member
Can anyone confirm if the load times are better now? I was enjoying it until it took as long as it did to go in and out of that first house.

Top Bottom