• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Of The Planet Of Apes announced, coming 2024

Draugoth

Gold Member
Freya Allan (The Witcher on Netflix) cast in a lead role

Fd1qnLVWYAUSMXq

jason10mm

Gold Member
I'm curious what narrative is left other than the supreme "fish out of water" experience of the original film. How many "humans are the true savages" stories we gotta sit through? The only other direction I see is....well, best left simply said as "monkey meets girl....".

Are they really planning on showing the entire devolution of humans into non-verbal slaves while apes struggle to imitate human civilization?

Fbh

I think I'm in the minority that only really liked the James Franco movie, the other 2 were meh.
But I'm still interested to see what they do with this one.

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
These recent Apes films are anomalies and treasures. They're so weird, nobody asked for them, and they're better than they have any right to be. I'll watch this new one for sure.

Lady Jane

Banned
With the time skip, I assume humans are now slaves. This movie should be the one when the astronaut crashes down (this time in the ape's perspective). If not then they're really going to drag this out.

mcjmetroid

The trilogy was one of the best of the last 20 years. They're almost underrated despite doing well.

I'm in for more they've never disappointed yet.

sol_bad

Rick Jaffa and Amanda Silver both wrote Rise and Dawn and were involved in War. However, they also wrote the recent Mulan film.
Patrick Aison wrote the recent Prey film.

I'm very excited for this. :)

Husky

THE Prey 2 fanatic
I think I'm in the minority that only really liked the James Franco movie, the other 2 were meh.
I'll go all out and say that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was pretty dogshit, and War for the Planet of the Apes is probably in the top five (at most, ten) worst movies I've ever seen. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (the Franco movie) was great.

Fbh

I'll go all out and say that Dawn of the Planet of the Apes was pretty dogshit, and War for the Planet of the Apes is probably in the top five (at most, ten) worst movies I've ever seen. Rise of the Planet of the Apes (the Franco movie) was great.

Yup, Dawn wasn't too bad, I just thought it was extremely predictable. 20 minutes into the movie you know everything that will happen and the execution isn't that exciting either

And yeah War was just straight up bad IMO. Except for the nice VFX.

John Bilbo

The first one was the best, the rest two were unnecessary, although they had brilliant CGI -- especially the third one.

Top Bottom