• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

Andrefpvs

Guys, I think I need some guidance because I'm an idiot.

So I was going for the Platinum in Birth by Sleep, and that requires completing the reports with all three characters. So, back in April, I did this with Aqua. Then I was going to move on to Ventus, but work really got in my way so I postponed this. This month, I decided to resume working on the Platinum.

So I loaded my Ventus file and:
- I'm at level 41 (Proud mode)
- I have almost no battle commands
- Almost no abilities learned
- Most of my Finish Commands are locked
- Most Arena missions are still locked

(Thankfully it appears I had already completed Rumble Racing, Ice Cream Beat, as well as gotten all Treasures and Stickers.)

My problem is that I'm completely paralysed with no clue on what to do next. I feel like I should be getting new commands and go on a melding spree, but 5 minutes ago I didn't even remember what I had to do to get new commands.

I'm looking for suggestions on how to tackle the endgame. Even if there is no optimal order, I believe just following someone else's suggestions would help me get back on track. Links with information are also very welcome.

Thank you! <3

oh, and btw:

HE KNEW

Falk

that puzzling face
Ugh, coming back to action games for platinums are terrible. I gave up with Arkham City because I couldn't even remember how to be The Batman anymore.

You'll want to work towards Mysterious Figure and Vanitas, obviously. Surge and Strike Raid if you want to low-effort cheese strategies.

Andrefpvs

^Thanks. Yeah, the end goal is beating the MF. I feel like I should do everything else first though, because then I'll be able to use the EXP.

For starters, I just beat every command board. So that's all minigames out of the way.

Next, I think I'm going to start melding for abilities. I'll just get whatever abilities I can from my current commands, then start hunting for whatever's left. In the process, I should get some new Finish Commands as well.

Andrefpvs

Okay, I got all abilities, and I'm close to getting all Finish Commands as well.

Is there any place to get lots of Munny drops? I need an insane amount for the last "Surprise!" command.

EDIT: Using "Surprise! 2" after Magnega in battles with lots of enemies was the answer.

Andrefpvs

Well, here I am once again.

Ventus vs. Mysterious Figure

I'm trying not to grind, but Ventus's damage output at level 51 is nothing to brag about :/
I also don't appear to be able to survive more than 2 of MF's countdown moves.

Let's see how this goes.

Seda

Well, here I am once again.

Ventus vs. Mysterious Figure

I'm trying not to grind, but Ventus's damage output at level 51 is nothing to brag about :/
I also don't appear to be able to survive more than 2 of MF's countdown moves.

Let's see how this goes.

Wait until you have to do Terra vs. Mysterious Figure

D:

Andrefpvs

I DID IT! Yessssss.

Now "only" Terra left. I am NOT looking forward to this ._.

Wait until you have to do Terra vs. Mysterious Figure

D:

D:

At least either I or him will be dead quickly. Some of these Ventus fights took 6 or more minutes :/

Edit: lmao Terra's file has even less stuff done than Ventus's file had

silva1991

Spirit Vanitas is cheap bastard. I will be mad if a cheap boss like boss like this make it to KH3

barley takes any damage

he heals himself

he has infinite poise so that the player can't do a combo

almost never stops(actually does he ever stop?)

every attack one shots me and once more is useless because I barley have anytime to find the damn curaga command to heal before he land a hit on me again

I always wanted to fight the mysterious figure, but if he is harder than Vanitus then I won't even bother

even Terra and data bosses are like the first boss in any game compared to Spirit vanitas

I guess I will try the unknown in KH1 next.

Yes, it's a movie.

lol, and I thought I was in for a treat.

botty

Banned
Spirit Vanitas is cheap bastard. I will be mad if a cheap boss like boss like this make it to KH3

barley takes any damage

he heals himself

every attack one shots me and once more is useless because I barley have anytime to find the damn curaga command to heal before he land a hit on me again

I always wanted to fight the mysterious figure, but if he is harder than Vanitus then I won't even bother

even Terra and data bosses are like the first boss in any game compared to Spirit vanitas

Birth By Sleep has the cheapest bosses. Less skill, and more muscle memory/rinse repeat.

Chuy

barley takes any damage

he heals himself

Stop using cure based commands as that makes him heal in retaliation. Do you have second chance equipped also and what character are you using? Aqua is spam seeker mines, ven is tornado but unfortunately I forget how terra's strategy works. Also if you have heal block and have good timing it's a nice alternative to using potion.

iosefe

Stop using cure based commands as that makes him heal in retaliation. Do you have second chance equipped also and what character are you using? Aqua is spam seeker mines, ven is tornado but unfortunately I forget how terra's strategy works. Also if you have heal block and have good timing it's a nice alternative to using potion.

for cure shenanigans, i don't believe the Group Cure set of commands counts towards heals, as evidenced by it not counting in the Arena challenge of 5 heals or less. i'm always 0/5

food for thought

Andrefpvs

So, grinding for EXP with Terra in Neverland.

Is it 3 Mega Flares + Victory Pose, and using Victory Pose after the last wave?

Psxphile

So, grinding for EXP with Terra in Neverland.

Is it 3 Mega Flares + Victory Pose, and using Victory Pose after the last wave?

Skull island, right? You need 3? I only remember needing two. Anyway, yes essentially... but make sure you turn off EXP Walker (if you have it) or you'll fudge your results.

Andrefpvs

Skull island, right? You need 3? I only remember needing two. Anyway, yes essentially... but make sure you turn off EXP Walker (if you have it) or you'll fudge your results.

Yeah, I'm testing it right now and having 3 Mega Flares ensures I never have to wait for a Mega Flare to reload. It's definitely the fastest way to grind here.

Andrefpvs

hEOzKEHl.jpg

If you've ever wondered if there was a limit to a panel's value.

And yes, Ventus ended up there once :3

Andrefpvs

This is it!

Terra vs. YoMysterious Figure

Chaos Ripper is the Keyblade to bring to his fight, right?

I'll try it once or twice since it's getting late, but oh boy, can't wait to see how bad this one is. I'm at level 74, btw.

Andrefpvs

I had him down to half a life bar.

And then he went invisible and I missed the Thunder Surge.

And then

:(

fzo6Esyl.jpg

YES!

Complaining on GAF works once again.

That wasn't so bad, once you know how to react to most of his attacks. With Terra, dodging once before healing allows you to survive most of MF's attacks. Dodging before healing is especially useful when he summons the white orbs, because if you just keep spamming Cure there's the risk you'll run out of commands before the light rays end. Just make sure you dodge perpendicularly to the last rays.

When he turns invisible, I found that dashing away from him was the best course of action for me, while also counter-attacking every once in a while in the direction I last dodged from just before his last attack subsided.

When he does his wind attack, or his X-fire attack, those almost always allow you to get a free hit in. Being aggressive is really recommended when using Terra against Mysterious Figure.

Of course, this is all better said than done. You'll still die. A lot.

Phew, I'm happy now.

Phoenixus

Been on a KH binge the past couple of weeks; cleared 1.5 and am making headway on II Final Mix. I'm curious though how to approach Birth By Sleep when I get to it.
Played it on the PSP years ago and pretty much swapped between each character's story randomly, but is there a documented order to follow that lets the player see each part of the story woven together in sequence?

Edit: Oh yeah, neat little tip I've found for KHII players; playing the first underworld tournament completely recharges the Drive Meter, handy for leveling up Limit forms and summons. :)

Falk

that puzzling face
Man, Japanese version for this came out just over a year ago. Time really does fly. :|

We were touring in Taiwan at the time and I ended up just picking up a Taiwanese (= Asian = Japanese language) copy.

Edit: Oh yeah, neat little tip I've found for KHII players; playing the first underworld tournament completely recharges the Drive Meter, handy for leveling up Limit forms and summons. :)

Yeh, this ranks pretty high on the protip list for 100% playthroughs.

Mysterious Figure with Terra is the hardest boss fight in the series, bar none. Have fun with that.

I think I've had more frustration with DDD, but maybe that's more because of the terrible form factor and controls than anything.

silva1991

Grinding in KH1 sucks. I'm at level 50 and it takes like 10min to level up once

KH2 had much much better grinding spots.

I don't think I can beat Kurt zesa and Sephiroth at this level let alone The Unknown :(

"shrug" I'll give Kurt 1 or 2 tries.

Seda

I don't think I can beat Kurt zesa and Sephiroth at this level let alone The Unknown :(

IIRC Ice Titan should be doable around that level and is a decent way to boost exp.

iosefe

make sure to do tink as soon as possible

I don't remember KH1 grinding being bad at all. In fact it's easier in the Final Mix version than the original thanks to Tech Plus ability and Exp boosting accessories

Never heard of it. I'll check it out as well.

Best way to grind is equip Tech Plus abilities and any Exp boosting accessories you might have. Fight Ice Titan at the colosseum, you get lots of exp from blocking his ranged attacks and decent exp for beating him.

Edit: The ability is actually called Tech Boost :lol

silva1991

Best way to grind is equip Tech Plus abilities and any Exp boosting accessories you might have. Fight Ice Titan at the colosseum, you get lots of exp from blocking his ranged attacks and decent exp for beating him.

Edit: The ability is actually called Tech Boost :lol

Cooll!! I can easily get the second tech boost. as for exp earring I need few stones to create it.

Are birth by sleep and kh2 really in 1080p in this collection ?

What's the best difficulty for birth by sleeps ?

Yes but AA is not as good as in 1.5.

IMO the best difficulty for BBS is Proud (unless you really want Platinum trophy on one playtrough which requires playing on Critical).

Demise

Yes but AA is not as good as in 1.5.

IMO the best difficulty for BBS is Proud (unless you really want Platinum trophy on one playtrough which requires playing on Critical).

Ok thanks, i noticed that birth by sleep was damn sharp. That's very good, too bad 1.5 is not the same.

Any chance to see 1080p60 on ps4 ? I read that kh1 and kh2 are impossible to run at 60 fps.

Demise

Bump for an other question : What about DS4 support on 2.5 remix and 1.5 remix ? It works fine ? Can I connect a headphone to the jack too ?

Vashetti

Banned
Bump for an other question : What about DS4 support on 2.5 remix and 1.5 remix ? It works fine ? Can I connect a headphone to the jack too ?

I tried the DS4 with 1.5 and Sora didn't run properly when I pushed on the left stick, he sort of stuttered forward.

And the headphones won't work as the DS4 doesn't transmit audio when paired with the PS3, it's treated as a generic controller (the PS button doesn't even work, you still need your DS3).

Top Bottom