• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 |OT| One χ-blade to rule them all

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
This game...

It looks and plays like a PS2 remaster. First a boring Hercules world, followed by cutscenes which make no sense, then a spaceship sequence, then some town I've never heard of.

I thought what can go wrong, good reviews and Disney. What is with the button mashing floaty combat? Can you even die? What is the point of Sora's magic, it doesn't hurt anything.
I’m guessing you jumped in to this games without even playing KH2. Also are you joking about the game looking PS2? I would love to know what kind of PS2 did you have.

Last edited:

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Now that is definitely a troll comment. The game does not look anywhere near PS2 and magic is literally OP in the game.

PS2 remaster, and it does. Empty, lifeless and linear. By magic I mean his fire/water spells. The combos when I hit triangle are powerful.

Kingdom-Hearts-3-Olympus-8.jpg

Last edited:

Danjin44

PS2 remaster, and it does. Empty, lifeless and linear. By magic I mean his fire/water spells. The combos when I hit triangle are powerful.

Okay how game bing linear=PS2 remaster? You do know there is tons PS4 games out there that are linear lever design..right? Also the Town you "never heard of" is called Twilight Town which was shown both on Chain of Memories and KH2 and in KH3 version there is tons of NPC walking around, which I wouldn't exactly call "empty". Also magic does lot of damage especially to heartless that are either weak against fire or Blizzard and later on your get more powerful spell like getting Fira just like pervious games.

Verdanth

One thing that is a fact for me: this game seriously needs a critical mode, and I was stupid enough to play this on standard...I remember using the moggle shop in all kingdom hearts, to buy stuff for the upcoming battles. Even more, using those same items in the actuals combats (looking at you sephiroth).

In this one man, Im currently in Big Hero 6 Planet and I havent bougth nothing besides a staff for Donald and a Kuppo coin just for the fun. I feel just to OP, nothing can touch me.

Plus the items that the lucky emblems give you are way OP too.

Last edited:

Dev1lXYZ

Playing this on Standard difficulty was a god damn mistake. This game is bog easy and boring as hell. I’m too far in to turn around and start a new game this far in-about to start Frozen world. I get the arguement that this feels like a PS2 era game-because it does. For as long as they had to work on this game it should have evolved much more than it has. This should have no loading except the initial one. The graphics are good, but it has archaic gameplay. Once the honeymoon period is over with this game is getting roasted by so many people.

Last edited:

Danjin44

Once the honeymoon period is over with this game is getting roasted by so many people.
I personally never got the whole "honeymoon period" BS, I either like the game or I don't and loving the crap out KH3 and also this game was already getting roasted even before release. in Neogaf there is lot of people who just down right have hatred for the series.

Dev1lXYZ

I disagree i put the combat in kh2 and kh3 in the top 5 of the genre and i am not talking rpg i am talking character action.

Are you playing this game on Proud mode? I feel like that is my problem, I get bored by the combat because I don’t even feel like I have to dodge most of the time.

danielberg

Neophyte
Are you playing this game on Proud mode? I feel like that is my problem, I get bored by the combat because I don’t even feel like I have to dodge most of the time.
Yes but even on proud mode the game is too easy thats the issue it doesnt force you to do something with the combat.
I hope they release critical mode and dlc/FM version harder bosses soon, the zero exp ability on standard and beginner is pretty ok but it takes forever to beat some bosses.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit

Yea, you need to stop trollin' mate.

Okay how game bing linear=PS2 remaster? You do know there is tons PS4 games out there that are linear lever design..right? Also the Town you "never heard of" is called Twilight Town which was shown both on Chain of Memories and KH2 and in KH3 version there is tons of NPC walking around, which I wouldn't exactly call "empty". Also magic does lot of damage especially to heartless that are either weak against fire or Blizzard and later on your get more powerful spell like getting Fira just like pervious games.

Twilight Town has been in 358/2 Days as well. There is poor memory and then there is willful ignorance. They are clearly being willfully ignorant.

Last edited:
i am extremely impressed with the animations they have done in this game.
and that is specially something to notice in the pirate world. but also Frozen and Tangled.
However i think the boss battles are a big disappointment They start getting better later on.. but mostly its just not fun to battle them. and thats not something that Difficulty will change.. because a boss like the the one in Frozen world is just not fun to battle.
but i still love the game... its just a shame its not perfect.. but we have KH 2 to go back to if we enjoy boss battles so i guess its alright.
I do second the thought that game needs a critical mode for later bosses that are fun to battle... but i fear that it will make the less fun bosses just extremely tedious. and even more annoying. i'm not sure what to do about that honestly. Still if they release some corrections and will listen to feedback for eventually a rerelease in final mix spirit then i hoep they decide to get rid of the unfun bosses. the most disappointing thing is for me is.
that you mostly never battles Disney Villains in the game

It's super weird that Elizabeth looks nothing like Keira Knightley considering how exceptionally well detailed the character models are in Carribean lol. Like Gibbs looks exactly the actor that played him almost.

I'm guessing Square Enix didn't have the license for the likeness or something.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Yea, you need to stop trollin' mate.
Twilight Town has been in 358/2 Days as well. There is poor memory and then there is willful ignorance. They are clearly being willfully ignorant.

I've never played KH game, so it is a no name town to me. I give up on the game; the story is nonsensical, the combat is not fun, the characters and dialog is painful and the graphics are last gen. I guess it is a game made for fans of the series and not meant for the general gaming public. Enjoy the game, but in the future try not to call names for anyone who does not cheer lead for a game. I paid for it just as you did, my opinion is just as valid.

I need to find a way to get some money back. The good news is I paid $40 from my 2015 pre-order on Amazon.

Sygma

I'm liking monstropolis to so far, also is it me or does it seem like the game has a way better performance there than other worlds? The framerate seems way more consistent in monstropolis.

possibly because its just corridors lol

i didnt understand the "graphical praise" about Tangled, like seriously most of the textures in the forest are ... oooof. super distracting to say the least. Toy box was great tho

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I've never played KH game, so it is a no name town to me. I give up on the game; the story is nonsensical, the combat is not fun, the characters and dialog is painful and the graphics are last gen. I guess it is a game made for fans of the series and not meant for the general gaming public. Enjoy the game, but in the future try not to call names for anyone who does not cheer lead for a game. I paid for it just as you did, my opinion is just as valid.

I need to find a way to get some money back. The good news is I paid $40 from my 2015 pre-order on Amazon.

When you come into a game that has been billed as the end of a saga, make idiotic claims such as it looking like a last gen PS2 remaster, and continue to get things factually incorrect - why should I believe you to be anything but a troll?

Hobbesian

Banned

Just so you don't think you're alone: I agree with almost every word. I think the game is unimpressive in almost every sense and it really only serves the dedicated fans of the series. I've tried both playing and watching a good number of hours of the game and just think it's AAA mediocrity.

Playing this on Standard difficulty was a god damn mistake. This game is bog easy and boring as hell. I’m too far in to turn around and start a new game this far in-about to start Frozen world. I get the arguement that this feels like a PS2 era game-because it does. For as long as they had to work on this game it should have evolved much more than it has. This should have no loading except the initial one. The graphics are good, but it has archaic gameplay. Once the honeymoon period is over with this game is getting roasted by so many people.
Yup.

I think the only thing that impresses with this game are some of the cutscene animations and performances from the Disney guest characters.

Last edited:

Fake

When you come into a game that has been billed as the end of a saga, make idiotic claims such as it looking like a last gen PS2 remaster, and continue to get things factually incorrect - why should I believe you to be anything but a troll?
Just ignore him. KH always had a hard plot to understand, so I can't believe someone with never played the previous series gonna like the story.

Sakura

Finally got around to finishing it.
My thoughts:
I wish the game was more story focused instead of you just fighting waves of boring heartless to Disney backdrops.
I feel the game would be a lot better if it was trying to tell a proper story for each world. You have huge maps, great production values, Disney characters/story, and Sora does nothing. You just fight the same old heartless over and over as the story goes on in the background and resolves itself before you know it. How long is a Disney movie? Like an hour and a half? You could tell the whole story, but with Sora and friends being involved, have battles etc, and probably still keep it at under 5 hours. It's not like the game is long, I finished it in about 25 hours, and there are only a handful of Disney worlds, so I feel like this would be a much better approach.
Maybe then I would actually feel something when Anna turns into an ice statue and subsequently is saved. Instead it just feels like Sora stumbled onto some scene he doesn't belong in, and doesn't know whether he should leave or say something.
What I want to say is that the Disney worlds are boring. What's the point in having the Disney properties if you aren't going to do anything with them?
I don't even know what the hell Sora is doing in any of the worlds. It's been forever since I played so maybe I am remembering wrong, but in KH1 Sora was travelling the worlds because he was trying to find his friends and also save the worlds from being destroyed, or something. So it made sense that he was there.
In KH3 it feels like he is just killing time as he waits for the other characters to move the overall story forward. In the beginning there is sort of a goal in that he needs to regain his powers so he goes to Olympus to ask Hercules for advice as he also dealt with something similar before. After that it's just... nothing.

Sora arrives on the frozen world, because why not, then he sees Elsa running away and she looks kind of sad so he chases after her. He has a brief exchange with her before she runs off. An Organization 13 member shows up and traps Sora in a labyrinth he has to fight his way out of, which has nothing to do with the Frozen property aside from being made out of ice I guess. After he gets out, his goal is to find and talk to Elsa. This is his goal the entire rest of the world. He never really does anything else. He climbs up to where Elsa is, and gets kicked off the mountain. And this happens again. Still determined to find Elsa, he continues his search, finally finding her, but at this point the story is already resolved. He doesn't talk to any of the characters, just fights a random boss, and then he is back in his ship.
Why on Earth was Sora here? The world didn't need his help, and he didn't have any objective to go there, and he didn't gain anything out of the journey. He just goes, falls off the mountain a couple times, then is back in his ship.
My problem is that all the worlds are like this (though not quite as bad). They just feel like time wasters to pad out the game before you get to the actual KH plot. With a story as convoluted and involving as many characters as KH, I wish they would have spent more of the game on the actual story, instead of trying to cram it all into the end.

So many of the boss fights were also just straight up not fun. Enemies with incredulous reach or who spam stun locking attacks (or both). At the same time though you have to actually go out of your way to die the game is so easy.

The cutscenes are terrible at times. In the beginning with Mickey and Riku in the world of darkness, Riku looks behind him to see the swarm of darkness coming to attack him, and he literally stands there for a solid several seconds until it finally attacks him. Like, just move out of the way. Or in the Toy Story world at the end, when all three of Donald Goofy and Sora are holding back the Organization 13 guy by simply pushing their weapons against his. He could just jump backwards and they would all probably fall on their faces. I wish they would've put more effort into the cutscenes. The disparity between everybody's combat abilities in game and in cutscenes is jarring at times.

The ending I didn't care for much either. It is the supposed end of this trilogy. Have Kairi and Sora finally be together at the end. Instead it ends the same as KH1. Sora seperated from Kairi (and his friends). Considering his goal from the first game was to find his friends I don't feel like this is any proper conclusion.

Game looks great though and the music is great too.

Some questions on things I didn't understand:
Who is this person that Axel and his friend are searching for?
Who is that voiced star that wasn't Namine? (I'm guessing maybe the girl Axel is searching for)
Who is the other person inside Sora? They said there was a third heart inside him other than Roxas and Ventus. Maybe it was Xion or something though and I just missed it.
What's inside the black box?
Why is their no resolution to this stuff in the game?

Fake

Who is that voiced star that wasn't Namine? (I'm guessing maybe the girl Axel is searching for)
Who is the other person inside Sora? They said there was a third heart inside him other than Roxas and Ventus. Maybe it was Xion or something though and I just missed it.
-I dunno, but Lea and his other friend really care about her and constant blame himself about that. She was used as a part of the heart research (not the replica program) by Ansem. Could be a member of Ventus group with I don't know the name right now.
-Dunno too, could be Marluxia 'after life' sister with is by the way is the best Larxene friend too. Or some new char member of the new seven pure light just like Kairi.
-Its not Xion because its more ancient than Sora inself. Maybe is the reason why Sora can storage so many hearts.
-Only the master of the masters can tell. Maybe some time-travel keyblade like the Xenahort was using this longtime, or the book of prophecy. Whatever it is, this secret already became a meme.
- Don't understand much your question, but my guess is Sora is the choice one for some reason. The KH director is crazy just like Naruto director with that crazy plot. If you watch the epilogue, the guy who is using the organization suit making a self for the moon is the master of masters. Maybe something direct linked with FF universe with make even less sense, but who knows.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
My thoughts:
I wish the game was more story focused instead of you just fighting waves of boring heartless to Disney backdrops.
I feel the game would be a lot better if it was trying to tell a proper story for each world. You have huge maps, great production values, Disney characters/story, and Sora does nothing. You just fight the same old heartless over and over as the story goes on in the background and resolves itself before you know it. How long is a Disney movie? Like an hour and a half? You could tell the whole story, but with Sora and friends being involved, have battles etc, and probably still keep it at under 5 hours. It's not like the game is long, I finished it in about 25 hours, and there are only a handful of Disney worlds, so I feel like this would be a much better approach.
Maybe then I would actually feel something when Anna turns into an ice statue and subsequently is saved. Instead it just feels like Sora stumbled onto some scene he doesn't belong in, and doesn't know whether he should leave or say something.
What I want to say is that the Disney worlds are boring. What's the point in having the Disney properties if you aren't going to do anything with them?
I don't even know what the hell Sora is doing in any of the worlds. It's been forever since I played so maybe I am remembering wrong, but in KH1 Sora was travelling the worlds because he was trying to find his friends and also save the worlds from being destroyed, or something. So it made sense that he was there.
In KH3 it feels like he is just killing time as he waits for the other characters to move the overall story forward. In the beginning there is sort of a goal in that he needs to regain his powers so he goes to Olympus to ask Hercules for advice as he also dealt with something similar before. After that it's just... nothing.

Sora arrives on the frozen world, because why not, then he sees Elsa running away and she looks kind of sad so he chases after her. He has a brief exchange with her before she runs off. An Organization 13 member shows up and traps Sora in a labyrinth he has to fight his way out of, which has nothing to do with the Frozen property aside from being made out of ice I guess. After he gets out, his goal is to find and talk to Elsa. This is his goal the entire rest of the world. He never really does anything else. He climbs up to where Elsa is, and gets kicked off the mountain. And this happens again. Still determined to find Elsa, he continues his search, finally finding her, but at this point the story is already resolved. He doesn't talk to any of the characters, just fights a random boss, and then he is back in his ship.
Why on Earth was Sora here? The world didn't need his help, and he didn't have any objective to go there, and he didn't gain anything out of the journey. He just goes, falls off the mountain a couple times, then is back in his ship.
My problem is that all the worlds are like this (though not quite as bad). They just feel like time wasters to pad out the game before you get to the actual KH plot. With a story as convoluted and involving as many characters as KH, I wish they would have spent more of the game on the actual story, instead of trying to cram it all into the end.

So many of the boss fights were also just straight up not fun. Enemies with incredulous reach or who spam stun locking attacks (or both). At the same time though you have to actually go out of your way to die the game is so easy.

The cutscenes are terrible at times. In the beginning with Mickey and Riku in the world of darkness, Riku looks behind him to see the swarm of darkness coming to attack him, and he literally stands there for a solid several seconds until it finally attacks him. Like, just move out of the way. Or in the Toy Story world at the end, when all three of Donald Goofy and Sora are holding back the Organization 13 guy by simply pushing their weapons against his. He could just jump backwards and they would all probably fall on their faces. I wish they would've put more effort into the cutscenes. The disparity between everybody's combat abilities in game and in cutscenes is jarring at times.

The ending I didn't care for much either. It is the supposed end of this trilogy. Have Kairi and Sora finally be together at the end. Instead it ends the same as KH1. Sora seperated from Kairi (and his friends). Considering his goal from the first game was to find his friends I don't feel like this is any proper conclusion.

Game looks great though and the music is great too.

Some answers:

They are referring to Skuld, a character from Kingdom Hearts Unchained X. You learn from it once you get the secret reports after doing the battlegates.
We do not know. It may be Skuld, it could be Ava, or it could be someone else entirely.
Roxas, Ventus, and many assume Xion.
No one knows what is in the box. It will be a major plot point for the next arc.

The game is the end of the Dark Seeker Saga. They have to create mysteries for the next story arc which involves the foretellers, master of masters, Luxu, and co. KHUX will play a major role so get familiar with the mobile game's story.

Sakura

Maybe I will play the mobile game then assuming it is still available.
edit: One more thing I forgot
What was the deal with Winnie the Pooh? Sora had disappeared from the cover, and afterwards said that his bonds were weakening or something, but then it isn't really brought up again. Was this just Winnie the Pooh specific? I thought his bonds with other characters and stuff too would be weakening after he had said that but I guess not.

Last edited:

CAPSOL

I love this KH3 but, someone PLEASE tell me you can switch up difficulty mid game!

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished Elsa
Monsterolopis or Monsters Inc and I am curious (without spoiling it) to how many more worlds. I see 2 more on the map... some city and the Pirates one. I just want to know if I'm midway through the game or not.

I love this KH3 but, someone PLEASE tell me you can switch up difficulty mid game!
I started one world where the battle level was 28 at like level 18 and finished it at like 25.

Pooh's book was like some homage to Bubble Bobble. Do you think the creators of Pooh didn't want fighting in the world? I realize its never had that, but for some reason it makes me feel like the creators had no intentions of fighting in his world. Even though I can shoot honey like a gun

EDIT:
Finished the Caribbean and I'm a little disappointed. I'm not a huge ship combat person. Not even in Assassin's Creed. I'm just not a boat person. The graphics looked cool. I wasn't incredibly bored, but I wanted to finish it and move on. Some of these cutscenes are so long and nothing really important happens. Jack is such an eccentric weirdo at times. I'd like to fight with him more than I want to listen to him talk. I like this game, but they give the Organization way more time on the screen than they should.

Last edited:
Lol today I finally realized Yen Sid is just Disney backwards!

Must be common knowlege for KH fans but I had no idea. And I thought it was a really odd and vaguely Chinese sounding name.

kingbean

So I started the game last night and finished off the first world in about 2 hours. It was a good deal of fun and it had me laughing almost the whole time.

It's fun.

Fake

Anyone running exp 0 gain? How much more difficult is it on proud? Do you still get new abilities?
Proud is 'fair'. You need to make a mix of proud difficult plus the skills you gonna start in that picture selection. exp 0 is really challenge and limit much Sora force. You can get some essencial abilities like doublejump or glide, but level up skills will be missing.

Last edited:
Proud is 'fair'. You need to make a mix of proud difficult plus the skills you gonna start in that picture selection. exp 0 is really challenge and limit much Sora force. You can get some essencial abilities like doublejump or glide, but level up skills will be missing.
Thanks for the info brother

Neolombax

Is it just me or does Monstropolis look...bad? I mean the textures indoors look really bland. The sequences outside look good though, but I think that's mostly due to the lighting effect. Corona and Toy Box looked amazing though. Is it just the art direction? Its so jarring for the game to be this inconsistent.

Fake

Is it just me or does Monstropolis look...bad? I mean the textures indoors look really bland. The sequences outside look good though, but I think that's mostly due to the lighting effect. Corona and Toy Box looked amazing though. Is it just the art direction? Its so jarring for the game to be this inconsistent.
Actually most of worlds looks outdate by texture. Even Sora and his KH friend. Only disney chars and some famous places like Andys room get most of attention to detail. Disney being Disney I guess.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I finished it today. It took me under 27 hours. That was without any collecting or traveling around on the gummi ship.

51750028-2048489131864936-3426888009578971136-n.jpg

I went in with the same hype everyone else did. The combat was fun. The graphics looked great at times. Some stuff I didn't care for were the world placements. The two worlds I didn't like the most were Big Hero 6 and Pirates of Caribbean. The Caribbean just got boring. They made it seem like it was this big open area to explore, but the town had nothing in it. It was just about collecting crabs. The ship combat was ok, but it got old after a while. The plot felt off. I'm not a huge fan of the films. The Big Hero 6 world was great if you loved the film. I actually skipped two cutscenes and those were in Big Hero 6 and in the Caribbean. The super long dialogue got old after a while. I felt like the last part of the game should have been featured more throughout the entire game. Entering the city of the previous keyblade holders. That looked cool. I think Square-Enix did some parts well, while others left me bored. A few worlds I enjoyed, Corona and Toy Box for example. but Monsters Inc was basically taking corners. Parts of the game got me excited while others just didn't do anything for me. It was doing the same formula: Enter a world, heartless, fight, heartless, dialogue, mini boss, more heartless, and then the final boss. They did mix it up every now and then. I kinda miss Halloween Town. Also, that plot definitely tried to fill in everything in the matter of a couple hours. I actually thought they did very well towards the end. I feel like I had everything spoiled before playing the game. I was kinda down that Big Hero 6 was the last world I went to. I personally would not have wanted that or the Caribbean.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Now I understand why they left all the battles with Organization XIII to the end.
The whole sequence is epic in my opinion. And the part that "people" from the mobile game appear to help you, that was really neat.

It's been such a joy to see the events of the keyblade grave world unfold so far.

Arrived at the labyrinth and did the first two battles. Really cool idea to make you fight more than one member at the time.

This game on critical. I can't wait.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Holy. Fucking. Shit.

Now I understand why they left all the battles with Organization XIII to the end.
The whole sequence is epic in my opinion. And the part that people from the mobile game appear to help you, that was really neat.

It's been such a joy to see the events of keyblade grave world unfold so far.

This game on critical. I can't wait.

Yep
The last three hours of the game beat the already insane climax of KH2 for me, never thought SE would managed to do that.

Verdanth

Finished the game today. I would like to share with you guys what I thought of the game.

That and some questions.

Questions:

1) So I presume Sora is not dead, because of the secret ending. However, was Kairi really there or not?

2) Xigbar is Luxu. That guy is the one that the Master of Masters gives The Gazing Eye keyblade in Unchained, right? And Xigbar gave the same Keyblade to Xehanort is that it? In other words, everything was planted all along and Master of Masters is the true villain?

3) Any chance Maleficent is Ava? It got me curious that she appeared exactly when everybody was asking for her.

4) Yozora. Good guy or bad guy?

5) What do you guys think it's in the box?

Overall I had a blast with the game and I think it was a cool send off to the Dark Seeker Saga. The game is amazingly well crafted, both graphically and gameplay wise, felt like a little kid playing this.

In general I really liked all the worlds. My favorites where Tangled, Toybox and Caribbean. Monster Inc and San Fransokyo my least ones.

I was kind of surprised that none of the side characters died, and that they actually brought everyone back. It really solidifies the "True Power friendship" concept that they use along the game. Some will argue with that, I get, bet they stick with that to the end. Also the fact that they didn't need to kill Xehanort is beautifully. In the end he just wanted to purge all darkness from the world, even if that meant to eliminate the current light.

The last 4 hours of the game are filled with amazing moments. From the Heartless battle, appearance of Terra, Master Yen Sid joining the fight, Xion being their 13th member, Roxas emerging out of nowhere, Xehanort stabbing Kairi, everything just keeps on coming. I really liked it to be honest.

And like I previous said, when you realize that you will fight more than one member at a time. Superb.

On a final note, I really liked that the game left us with questions. I believe the future of KH will be exciting. Just hope we don't play KH4 or whatever is coming next in 10 years time.

1) The game is way to easy if you ask me. They should have included a critical mode in this game. I believe that's where the combat will truly shine. Gonna replay the game on that once it comes out.

2) Why couldn't they find a replacement for Danny Devito? Having Phil silenced all the time was awkward as fuck.

3) Hercules cup. Why Nomura, why would you remove that? Specially if Sora needed training.

2) Lack of Disney Characters boss battles. Only two worlds let you fight against disney chracters. That was a huge letdown for me.

Overall is my GOTY so far.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Finished the game today. I would like to share with you guys what I thought of the game.

That and some questions.

Questions:

1) So I presume Sora is not dead, because of the secret ending. However, was Kairi really there or not?

2) Xigbar is Luxu. That guy is the one that the Master of Masters gives The Gazing Eye keyblade in Unchained, right? And Xigbar gave the same Keyblade to Xehanort is that it? In other words, everything was planted all along and Master of Masters is the true villain?

3) Any chance Maleficent is Ava? It got me curious that she appeared exactly when everybody was asking for her.

Overall I had a blast with the game and I think it was a cool send off to the Dark Seeker Saga. The game is amazingly well crafted, both graphically and gameplay wise, felt like a little kid playing this.

In general I really liked all the worlds. My favorites where Tangled, Toybox and Caribbean. Monster Inc and San Fransokyo my least ones.

I was kind of surprised that none of the side characters died, and that they actually brought everyone back. It really solidifies the "True Power friendship" concept that they use along the game. Some will argue with that, I get, bet they stick with that to the end. Also the fact that they didn't need to kill Xehanort is beautifully. In the end he just wanted to purge all darkness from the world, even if that meant to eliminate the current light.

The last 4 hours of the game are filled with amazing moments. From the Heartless battle, appearance of Terra, Master Yen Sid joining the fight, Xion being their 13th member, Roxas emerging out of nowhere, Xehanort stabbing Kairi, everything just keeps on coming. I really liked it to be honest.

And like I previous said, when you realize that you will fight more than one member at a time. Superb.

On a final note, I really liked that the game left us with questions. I believe the future of KH will be exciting. Just hope we don't play KH4 or whatever is coming next in 10 years time.

1) The game is way to easy if you ask me. They should have included a critical mode in this game. I believe that's where the combat will truly shine. Gonna replay the game on that once it comes out.

2) Why couldn't they find a replacement for Danny Devito? Having Phil silenced all the time was awkward as fuck.

3) Hercules cup. Why Nomura, why would you remove that? Specially if Sora needed training.

2) Lack of Disney Characters boss battles. Only two worlds let you fight against disney chracters. That was a huge letdown for me.

Overall is my GOTY so far.

- Sora is not dead. He fell deeper into the realm of sleep, so far that he became lost and wakes up in the sleeping world of The World Ends With You. This is why you find those characters in Traverse Town during Dream Drop Distance - their world no longer exists in a manner that they can reach it. Young Xehanort mentioned this throughout your meetings with him in Toy Box and the Keyblade Graveyard, "No one can save you" or some such. He knew that the Ritual of Wakening was just pushing him further and further into sleep, especially as Sora chased the Lich Heartless. Riku chased after him and wound up in Shinjuku from Verum Rex. It is suggested that Kairi managed to find her way back to Destiny Islands and Riku went to find and save Sora.

- We currently do not know if the Master of Masters is a villain, nor if Luxu is either. Luxu was given the task of letting No Name watch from the future for MoM. Luxu stayed around so he can get it back. His current plans, those of MoM, and what is in the box are completely unknown. We may learn far more from KHUX.

- 0% chance. The Foretellers have nothing to do with any of the Disney characters, villains or otherwise. Current prevailing theory is that Ava is Kairi.

- We have no clue. Given the character was the "protagonist" of the commercial, based on the Verum Rex commercial introduced by the Real Organization in the fake Toy Box world, it is more than likely he is good or neutral. However, he can very well turn out to be evil. Just gotta wait for the next KH game.

- I have no clue. Given the 7 locks, it is something important. Possibly something related to all worlds or Kingdom Hearts directly. With the 6 Foretellers (Aced, Inva, Gula, Ava, Gula, Luxu) and the Master of Masters, all 7 of them will be needed to open the box.

Last edited:
Mirage staff is so damn fun to use, probably my favorite transformation.

Ice claws is pretty good but I kinda dislike it's second transformation.

Verdanth

- Sora is not dead. He fell deeper into the realm of sleep, so far that he became lost and wakes up in the sleeping world of The World Ends With You. This is why you find those characters in Traverse Town during Dream Drop Distance - their world no longer exists in a manner that they can reach it. Young Xehanort mentioned this throughout your meetings with him in Toy Box and the Keyblade Graveyard, "No one can save you" or some such. He knew that the Ritual of Wakening was just pushing him further and further into sleep, especially as Sora chased the Lich Heartless. Riku chased after him and wound up in Shinjuku from Verum Rex. It is suggested that Kairi managed to find her way back to Destiny Islands and Riku went to find and save Sora.

- We currently do not know if the Master of Masters is a villain, nor if Luxu is either. Luxu was given the task of letting No Name watch from the future for MoM. Luxu stayed around so he can get it back. His current plans, those of MoM, and what is in the box are completely unknown. We may learn far more from KHUX.

- 0% chance. The Foretellers have nothing to do with any of the Disney characters, villains or otherwise. Current prevailing theory is that Ava is Kairi.

- We have no clue. Given the character was the "protagonist" of the commercial, based on the Verum Rex commercial introduced by the Real Organization in the fake Toy Box world, it is more than likely he is good or neutral. However, he can very well turn out to be evil. Just gotta wait for the next KH game.

- I have no clue. Given the 7 locks, it is something important. Possibly something related to all worlds or Kingdom Hearts directly. With the 6 Foretellers (Aced, Inva, Gula, Ava, Gula, Luxu) and the Master of Masters, all 7 of them will be needed to open the box.

Thanks for the answers.

Xehanort and Eraqus were kids back in the Foretellers time right? Because I thought it was strange when Eraqus introduced the new pieces to the game, those seven pieces are the Foretellers. And I always understood the chess game as a illustration of what both masters would be fighting for in the future, that is what happened in the Dark Seeker Saga.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Thanks for the answers.

Xehanort and Eraqus were kids back in the Foretellers time right? Because I thought it was strange when Eraqus introduced the new pieces to the game, those seven pieces are the Foretellers. And I always understood the chess game as a illustration of what both masters would be fighting for in the future, that is what happened in the Dark Seeker Saga.

No. They were a good while after the foretellers. In Eraqus and Xehanort's time, the Keyblade War was a legend. It is estimated anywhere between 100 to 500 years have passed since. Scala ad Caelum is built upon the foundations of what used to be Daybreak town. The Dandelions and (more than likely) Luxu rebuilt the city and started training new keyblade masters.

Verdanth

No. They were a good while after the foretellers. In Eraqus and Xehanort's time, the Keyblade War was a legend. It is estimated anywhere between 100 to 500 years have passed since. Scala ad Caelum is built upon the foundations of what used to be Daybreak town. The Dandelions and (more than likely) Luxu rebuilt the city and started training new keyblade masters.

So judging by the epilogue it would be safe to assume that the foretellers are still alive and kicking? I thought they died in the keyblade war.

Last edited:

Fake

By the chess table logic they're the next villans take into consideration the Sora piece in the same position and facing the others piece of the table similar to this recent battle with xenahort.

Btw, my theory about Ava is her heart is inside of Sora as Ansem report say somethink about a heart more ancient than even Sora inself.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
So judging by the epilogue it would be safe to assume that the foretellers are still alive and kicking? I thought they died in the keyblade war.

Either alive or coming through time. I am confused as to how they are still around myself.

By the chess table logic they're the next villans take into consideration the Sora piece in the same position and facing the others piece of the table similar to this recent battle with xenahort.

Btw, my theory about Ava is her heart is inside of Sora as Ansem report say somethink about a heart more ancient than even Sora inself.

The secret reports in KH3 all refer to Skuld.

Neolombax

I've so far completed up until the Caribbean. I thought it was great! I've been reading already a few posts saying Caribbean was the worst of all the worlds. I was even super into looking for the white crabs. The island exploration was great too I felt.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I've so far completed up until the Caribbean. I thought it was great! I've been reading already a few posts saying Caribbean was the worst of all the worlds. I was even super into looking for the white crabs. The island exploration was great too I felt.

The game auto saves just before you start to look for the crabs. I had to go to bed and thought I lost an hour of progression. Lol those save points are so random.

Top Bottom