• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 |OT| One χ-blade to rule them all

HotPocket69

Banned
These Classic Kingdom games are fucking incredible. They’re like fucking Game & Watches from when I was a kid

And there’s a bunch of them.

HYVxSSW.jpg

Best part of the game so far

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
These Classic Kingdom games are fucking incredible. They’re like fucking Game & Watches from when I was a kid

And there’s a bunch of them.

HYVxSSW.jpg

Best part of the game so far

I love it! Shouldn’t it be Sora the Mail Pilot though?

Akuza89

Playing the game on ps4... a base ps4 might I add.

And it's just crashed out on me.... I can't remember when I last saved too.... I'm just going to check....AGHH!

Edit:- it's okay it must have auto saved or something before it happened as its pretty much saved it where it turned off!

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
KH3 is not FF-esque. It’s more like Naruto or Bleach. A bad mistake on squares part for removing FF characters. Because of that we no longer get a iconic Sephiroth fight. Down 1 secret boss. This game is like when KHJPversion released. It had no secret boss’ including Sephiroth.

There are plenty of references and FF-related stuff in the game. Also try not to spoil any of the secret bosses. The game only just released.

Ten_Fold

No FF characters is pretty disappointing to me, I like having Disney characters interact with FF characters, an lack of extra bosses, outside of that I really like the game it’s probably my second favorite KH by far. Gonna grind to hit max level an do some side stuff.

SoulUnison

Banned
A woman is thrown several meters and clearly knocked unconscious.
BAYMAX: "This woman has suffered a head injury. We must stabilize her head."
SORA: "Oh, cool! A Robot~~!"
HIRO: "Hi! We're Big Hero 6!"
Everybody runs off to adventure while the camera pans out on the woman lying motionless on the ground.

Zoom! San Fransokyo!

Last edited:

bigedole

Just finished the first world, couple thoughts:

The boss fight with the tornado titan was a little silly and janky, but the rest of the world was a lot of fun. Exploration was rewarded and I almost died a couple times fighting those water things. The attraction moves came up a bit much for how powerful they are... felt like every fight. I guess it's just an option to use or not. I really did NOT appreciate the almost hour of cut scenes after the world though :p Really hope the game doesn't make a habit of doing that, it's too much!

Akuza89

So a YouTuber bought the deluxe edition with the toy story figures and it was so expensive.... for not a lot haha

Funny thing is though, those figures will be available in stores later on in the year if not they'll be available now.

Just finished the first world, couple thoughts:

The boss fight with the tornado titan was a little silly and janky, but the rest of the world was a lot of fun. Exploration was rewarded and I almost died a couple times fighting those water things. The attraction moves came up a bit much for how powerful they are... felt like every fight. I guess it's just an option to use or not. I really did NOT appreciate the almost hour of cut scenes after the world though :p Really hope the game doesn't make a habit of doing that, it's too much!

Without posting a spoiler thing, completely agree with what your saying.

HotPocket69

Banned
I ran into some major bullet hell boss fight in the Gummi Ship and the music playing was insanely fucking good. I guess the OST is a no no on YouTube? Man I need to hear that again.

Akuza89

I ran into some major bullet hell boss fight in the Gummi Ship and the music playing was insanely fucking good. I guess the OST is a no no on YouTube? Man I need to hear that again.

It wasn't a boss that opens up like a flower was it?

I fought it twice losing...then realised I was going to the wrong world haha

It was fun battling it though.

HotPocket69

Banned
It wasn't a boss that opens up like a flower was it?

I fought it twice losing...then realised I was going to the wrong world haha

It was fun battling it though.

Yeah that's the one! I had it down to one health bar. Is there any way to heal the ship? I would've been able to beat it if I had even one potion.

I fought it on the way to the Rapunzel world after finishing Twilight Town. I guess Im going out of the recommended order :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Last edited:

wvnative

Man I think this game rocks but so many things prevent it from perfection that it eats away at me and I just gotta rant.

Attraction flows just disrupt the flow of battle and are insanely OP. Wish they could be turned off. The various situation commands and combo finishers don't bother me, they look cool and are fun to use, but the attractions just feel like they grind everything to a hault.

The game as a whole is way too easy. On proud mode and only had my first death this morning but only cause I did something stupid. Nothing in this game is actually a threat.

Framepacing in Stable Mode whyyyyyyy. If stable mode worked properly the entire game would look as good as the cutscenes I think.

Title screen music does not sound like dearly beloved.

Donald and Goofy's customization has been significantly dialed back compared to previous games.

Not the games fault but
Despite the internet being way better about spoilers than just a few years ago even, topic title on resetera gave away a very neat surprise in the secret ending. Apparently the game gets kind of meta. Seeing that without any prior knowledge would have blown my nerdy little mind.

I know I'm ragging on the game a bit. I quite like it but these things stick out. Still think the game is awesome and way better than FF15. Something else I'd like to say on that but I think I'll wait to say it on another day once people have had more time to fully complete the story.

bigedole

I had to go through my youtube history and remove everything related to Kingdom Hearts. Saw a thumbnail for something related to the secret ending and noped right out of that. I'd be careful even watching OST videos if you don't want any of the plot spoiled for you, there're a lot of land mines out there right now for KH3.

Akuza89

Yeah that's the one! I had it down to one health bar. Is there any way to heal the ship? I would've been able to beat it if I had even one potion.

I fought it on the way to the Rapunzel world after finishing Twilight Town. I guess Im going out of the recommended order :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

Yeah that's what I did, when I snook around it and got to tangled world I was like "wait. This wasn't on the map?!" Haha

HotPocket69

Banned
The Attraction powers are indeed way overpowered. I simply stopped using them.

I mean if for some reason I run into some trouble then yeah Ill bust it out, but for normal trash mobs and most everything else Ive come across, its a waste and totally unnecessary.

The dual takedowns like the one where you spin around with Donald and shoot off a bunch of fireworks are enough as it is

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Has anyone figured out the exact number of lucky emblems you need to get the secret ending on proud mode?

There’s 90 of them. I don’t think difficulty matters.

Some of them are really cleverly hidden within the environment. Sometimes they’re part of the environment. Kinda reminds me of The Witness in that regard.

wvnative

There’s 90 of them. I don’t think difficulty matters.

Some of them are really cleverly hidden within the environment. Sometimes they’re part of the environment. Kinda reminds me of The Witness in that regard.

I took a risk and googled it. Everyone says its fewer on proud but I ain't found a specific number...

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
So glad to see actual people around, like in Tangled world and Twilight Town. Pervious KH games, the worlds felt far too empty.

SoulUnison

Banned
I think Nomura was inspired by those emulation mods where people tested how many super bosses they could fit in a single room.

II_JumPeR_I

Man i wish the game had the Nightmare before Christmas world (was my favorit world in the old games).
So far my favorites are the Monsters and Toy Story worlds.

Oh and i really miss a german VO :(

Last edited:
Just finished the game. Thought it was cool. Hoping they patch in a lot of post game content cause its looking a little dry to me. I also wouldn't at all be surprised if Square decided to make people cough up money for secret boss fights. I remember them doing it in FF13-2 so I wouldn't put it past them. Otherwise hopefully they'll do the right thing and release post game content free, and throw in an update for critical mode please.

Last edited:

RPGCrazied

Think they will ever fix the frame pacing? They did add a steady mode to FF XV that fixed its problems. I can't believe at 900p the base PS4 struggles in framerate. Yet we have games like GoW, Spiderman, RDR2, hell even Uncharted 4 run and look superb. I get it most are first party but the base PS4 can do so much better than this.

Last edited:

Verdanth

Arrived at Frozen world. So far my least favourite one was Monstropolis. However it has the best keyblade for me, right there with the Tangled one. That yoyo animation is so sweeeet.

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Finished the game. I’m happy, sad and shattered. The game kicked off so hard for me after I finished all the worlds.

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
What do you mean? I personally no problem with the cutscenes, in fact I really like them so far.
Same. Absolutely love them, but the only issue I have is that you can easily tell what was a pre-rendered cutscene and what was in-game. I know the older games had this too, but I expected as much for the hardware. Though if the PS5 could make the game look as *good* as these prerendered cutscenes, I can't wait to see what is next for Kingdom Hearts. Just reached, what I think is, the end of the game. Taking a break for now and will knock it out tomorrow.

Danjin44

Same. Absolutely love them, but the only issue I have is that you can easily tell what was a pre-rendered cutscene and what was in-game. I know the older games had this too, but I expected as much for the hardware. Though if the PS5 could make the game look as *good* as these prerendered cutscenes, I can't wait to see what is next for Kingdom Hearts. Just reached, what I think is, the end of the game. Taking a break for now and will knock it out tomorrow.
I think that issue never will truly go away. In next gen we might see even better looking pre-rendered cutscene compare to in-game one.

Dynasty8

This will piss a lot of people off...but I really want to share my opinion to see if I'm the only one. I'm REALLY not enjoying the game. Loved the first two back in the day. But man this hasn't aged well.

The game is so incredibly easy that it's just not enjoyable. I'm playing on Proud mode) and haven't died once. I'm just mashing X without any real consequences and constantly being prompted to summon these long and annoying attractions over and over. I even played 1.5 HD Remix a couple years back and it provided a far better challenge on standard mode than this on Proud.

The story...the dialogue. If I hear Donald talk one more time I swear I'm gonna slam my head into the wall. It makes no sense at all and it's staright out gibberish...it's nonsense to the point where I've rolled my eyes more times than I can count. I miss the simple and clean (pun intended) story of the first one where the Disney aspect was more of a priority. Hell, Everytime I see the loading screens as Sora's Twitter feed I cringe so hard.... #soDamnHard. #Hearts #Friendship #Fucckkkk

Otherwise, the Disney worlds look great and are cool to explore. The music is phenomenal. But this game was made with the intention of being overly flashy...that includes the gameplay and that's a negative IMHO...it takes a hit. I guess it's just not my cups of tea (#PunIntendedThereToo).

Last edited:

Danjin44

Man, Sullivan just kicked Vanitas ass and I loved it.

I know it’s little early but damn both KH3 and RE2 definitely my GOTY. The wait was so worth it!!!

Mista

Banned
Thats definitely The World Ends With You also Sora waking up with Yozora and not Riku while Riku is definitely in the same world looking for him. I got so many questions!

RPGCrazied

I couldn't resist. I traded in my PS4 and got a PRO. Its time. I need this game to look the best it can be! Tempted to start over. lol

Saber

Gold Member
Thank god no more stupid reaction buttons. It made my combat soo much better, Shotlocks inlcuded. Haha, they really listened the best of the feedback.

Last edited:

redfox088

Banned
No FF characters is pretty disappointing to me, I like having Disney characters interact with FF characters, an lack of extra bosses, outside of that I really like the game it’s probably my second favorite KH by far. Gonna grind to hit max level an do some side stuff.
Bro the game is unwelcoming as fuck to us who only played the numbered games. The last thing this game, or series for that matter, needs is more characters.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
For those very far in the game
is the Frozen Let it go scene real time?

danielberg

Neophyte
Finished it and its a goty contender for me i cant see anything beat it maybe FF7r1 lol it also made every reviewer that gave the game less than 8,5 irrelevant to me and my taste of games.
I thought SE could not beat the insane final of KH2 but damn the entire last !3 hours! of KH3 just did that lol

Fake

I beat the game today. I must say THEY REALLY LISTEN THE FEEDBACK.
Many thx to all. Was very pleasure playing KH3. Lot of Birth by Sleep mechanics. Shotlock, command style, no more mp wasting by teamwork moves... I love it.
Toy Story world was a bless.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
Think they will ever fix the frame pacing? They did add a steady mode to FF XV that fixed its problems. I can't believe at 900p the base PS4 struggles in framerate. Yet we have games like GoW, Spiderman, RDR2, hell even Uncharted 4 run and look superb. I get it most are first party but the base PS4 can do so much better than this.

You can fix it by buying a Pro

Edit: Finally

Last edited:
Top Bottom