• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3 |OT| One χ-blade to rule them all

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Honest question: should I watch the Tangled and Frozen movies? I know the characters and story, but never watched those.

I'm afraid it will break those world experiences by watching the movies while I'm currently playing the game, but on the other side I will be able to compare the world with the movie.

I wish it was Kingdom Hearts that taught me Frozen. I've watched that movie maybe 100 times in the span of two years and its all thanks to being around a kid who is obsessed with Elsa and Anna.

Last edited:
Honest question: should I watch the Tangled and Frozen movies? I know the characters and story, but never watched those.

I'm afraid it will break those world experiences by watching the movies while I'm currently playing the game, but on the other side I will be able to compare the world with the movie.
I should be able to answer this after i completed frozen World. As i am of that situation where i have watched tangled but not frozen.

HotPocket69

Banned
What the flip is the point of the Gummi Ship if you can just fast travel to each world once theyre discovered?

I only reached Twilight Town and one of Scrooge's nephews or Jiminy told me I should get a new ship. Bought it (some purple thing) and now I cant even set it to be my regular ship? What the fuck. Do I need to build it first or something?

Also

Pretty much :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:

Sakura

No idea on Tangled as I haven't done that world, but I've never watched Frozen, and finished the Frozen world still knowing pretty much nothing of the story.
Sora doesn't really interact with the Frozen story at all, it just kind of happens in the background. So maybe watch it if you want to know what the hell is going on, but again Sora isn't really involved so I don't think it is that important.
I really disliked the Frozen world.
I only reached Twilight Town and one of Scrooge's nephews or Jiminy told me I should get a new ship. Bought it (some purple thing) and now I cant even set it to be my regular ship? What the fuck. Do I need to build it first or something?
I believe you are just like, buying blueprints or something, and you require the actual gummi blocks to build it. So I bought a ship but I can't even build it because it says I am missing certain blocks to do so.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
No idea on Tangled as I haven't done that world, but I've never watched Frozen, and finished the Frozen world still knowing pretty much nothing of the story.
Sora doesn't really interact with the Frozen story at all, it just kind of happens in the background. So maybe watch it if you want to know what the hell is going on, but again Sora isn't really involved so I don't think it is that important.
I really disliked the Frozen world.

I believe you are just like, buying blueprints or something, and you require the actual gummi blocks to build it. So I bought a ship but I can't even build it because it says I am missing certain blocks to do so.

Ok thanks. Dumb move. Wish you could just buy the ship straight up already assembled.

Larxia

Not sure why it would drive you crazy, it's not in your face by any means.
Not in your face? Come on :

It's extremely noticeable, and very disturbing in my opinion.

Edit: Apparently I can't post a timed link, wanted to time the video at 2:00 minutes.

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
PS4 Pro 1080p mode (SS disabled) has best performance. All version suffers from bad framepacing (worse than BB) in 30 fps mode.

nowhat

PS4 Pro 1080p mode (SS disabled) has best performance. All version suffers from bad framepacing (worse than BB) in 30 fps mode.
This I really can't wrap my head around. If the game would struggle to meet a 30fps target that'd be understandable - but no, all the console versions are comfortably 30+ fps. How hard can it be to implement a frame rate cap?

Last edited:

Armorian

Banned
This I really can't wrap my head around. If the game would struggle to meet a 30fps target that'd be understandable - but no, all the console versions are comfortably 30+ fps. How hard can it be to implement a frame rate cap?

On PC you just need to write "30" in RTSS for perfect FP, many games have broken frame limiters but SE in on a different level lol

Sakura

Man Lucky emblems are draining my time. Im already at level 21 on a level 10 world lol
Man, I hate it every time Donald or Goofy will be like "Hey isn't that a lucky emblem?" And I cannot for the life of me find where they are referring to. Just fucking give me a hint Donald please.

HotPocket69

Banned
Man, I hate it every time Donald or Goofy will be like "Hey isn't that a lucky emblem?" And I cannot for the life of me find where they are referring to. Just fucking give me a hint Donald please.

Or just YT where they are in each area and save yourself the time

That's what Ive been doing.

Sakura

Or just YT where they are in each area and save yourself the time

That's what Ive been doing.
The locations weren't available when I first started playing, and I'm also scared of stumbling on some spoilery video or something. But I'll probably go back and get the ones I need once I'm at the end game.

RPGCrazied

2304x1296 on Pro
2560x1440 on X1X
1600x900 on PS4
1280x720 on X1

900p? People kept saying over and over again it was 1080p on base PS4. The cutscenes look better than gameplay though. Don't know if its because AA is being used or what. But they seriously need to fix the frame pacing in stable mode. They probably won't. Never fixed it in FF XV. At least unlocked is offered in this game and while some places can stutter(mostly when turning camera) it feels smoother than stable mode.

It is what it is. I will not let this hinder me playing this game. I've been waiting so long for it.

HotPocket69

Banned
The locations weren't available when I first started playing, and I'm also scared of stumbling on some spoilery video or something. But I'll probably go back and get the ones I need once I'm at the end game.

Yeah as soon as I saw the first one in Olympus before I got the phone I was like "Fuck...."

Soon as I get home from work Im going back and knocking them all out there and in Twilight Town. No biggie. Prob will go up a few levels too.

HotPocket69

Banned
900p? People kept saying over and over again it was 1080p on base PS4. The cutscenes look better than gameplay though. Don't know if its because AA is being used or what. But they seriously need to fix the frame pacing in stable mode. They probably won't. Never fixed it in FF XV. At least unlocked is offered in this game and while some places can stutter(mostly when turning camera) it feels smoother than stable mode.

It is what it is. I will not let this hinder me playing this game. I've been waiting so long for it.

900P :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Just get a Pro dude. Cant believe you're treating Goofy and Donald like this.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Not in your face? Come on :

It's extremely noticeable, and very disturbing in my opinion.

Edit: Apparently I can't post a timed link, wanted to time the video at 2:00 minutes.

In your face to me means it's always in your focus and the camera is moving at all times. You don't even think about it when you're playing.

bigedole

Is there any way to look at the full map of an area or are you always limited to the mini map?

What the flip is the point of the Gummi Ship if you can just fast travel to each world once theyre discovered?

Also

Pretty much :messenger_tears_of_joy:

I lol'd at the video, I'm still on the first world and only recently got to finally explore without having a cut scene after every battle and I was feeling the same thing haha. The gummi ship is mostly meant for fun after the first time unlocking a world.

Daymos

I don't have alot of interest in the game but Yoko Shimomura's music is fantastic as always!

I could listen to this for hours.. so weird that I've gone from a fan of heavy metal to jrpg music. From Metallica to Yasunori Mitsuda.

Last edited:

Hobbesian

Banned
Another point I wanted to bring up that a thread on Resetera reminded me of: this game seems ludicrously easy. My cousin was playing on Proud mode and in the 4-5 hours he played last night he said he died once. Surprised I don't see more talk about this.

It seems to me like there's way too much of a focus on cinematic supers that have to be overpowered to justify their pretentious presentation, and that Sora gets way too much, way too fast.

Last edited:
Fuck the flower/honey collection minigame in Hundred Acre Woods whoever decided to make this an essential story point rather than a piece of standalone bonus content, fuck you very much. Don’t ever make me do that shit again.

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
Frozen and the entire pirates world final holy crap the visuals in this game half the time i cant even tell if its in game or a movie this is without a doubt the best looking game right now eat your heart out RDR2.

Last edited:
Frozen and the entire pirates world final holy crap the visuals in this game half the time i cant even tell if its in game or a movie this is without a doubt the best looking game right now eat your heart out RDR2.

They really nailed the look of Pixar’s CGI style, it’s very close to the look of the films, which is an incredible achievement.

Verdanth

Another point I wanted to bring up that a thread on Resetera reminded me of: this game seems ludicrously easy. My cousin was playing on Proud mode and in the 4-5 hours he played last night he said he died once. Surprised I don't see more talk about this.

It seems to me like there's way too much of a focus on cinematic supers that have to be overpowered to justify their pretentious presentation, and that Sora gets way too much, way too fast.

Yes, its flashy and easy.

Im playing on standard and regret not going proud. Still I've died like a couple of times at the beginning, since I was testing the gameplay.

Hope for a future critical mode for my 2nd run.

That is really not the case i Think they might have made more options and made it easier to do lvl 1 runs. But gameplay is very much in focus, there is advanced animation cancels and combo Guardian breaks as Well as invincible frames on certain moves its still to early to say. However i wont foil the game for making it easier to finish for people not looking for the Challenge but the game seems so far to include the option for the people that do want to do it.

Verdanth

Those hidden mickeys are really well hidden. Having trouble finding them even when Goofy chimes in one is close.

But the mechanic is actually pretty cool imo. I'm not advancing to other worlds without clearing all lucky emblems. I really like when they blend in the emblems.

On another matter: at first I didn't find much interest in the classic kingdom games, but damn, have those grew up on me.

Verdanth

Another one: using aero makes a tornado which you can jump on and enter flowmotion.

2Pdp.gif

Hobbesian

Banned
That is really not the case i Think they might have made more options and made it easier to do lvl 1 runs. But gameplay is very much in focus, there is advanced animation cancels and combo Guardian breaks as Well as invincible frames on certain moves its still to early to say. However i wont foil the game for making it easier to finish for people not looking for the Challenge but the game seems so far to include the option for the people that do want to do it.
You did see the part in my post about my cousin playing on the highest difficulty, right?

I’m not saying that the combat system isn’t fleshed out - it’s always been in this series - I’m saying the game isn’t challenging. All the combat mechanics don’t amount to much if you can just spam team attacks and supers all day. That’s a real bummer for people that enjoy the series’ gameplay.

It’s the original Kingdom Hearts II all over again. My cousin even said as much while he was playing.

Last edited:
You did see the part in my post about my cousin playing on the highest difficulty, right?

I’m not saying that the combat system isn’t fleshed out - it’s always been in this series - I’m saying the game isn’t challenging. All the combat mechanics don’t amount to much if you can just spam team attacks and supers all day. That’s a real bummer for people that enjoy the series’ gameplay.

It’s the original Kingdom Hearts II all over again. My cousin even said as much while he was playing.

Yes i read your post i am saying if your cousin is stuck up on it being to easy on proud he should do a zero xp run.
That should satisfy his needs. And that judging from all the stuff you Can do in this game.
Should be nearly as difficult as critical mode.

Hobbesian

Banned
Yes i read your post i am saying if your cousin is stuck up on it being to easy on proud he should do a zero xp run.
That should satisfy his needs. And that judging from all the stuff you Can do in this game.
Should be nearly as difficult as critical mode.
Some people aren’t down on the idea of having to contrive some supremely meta and subjective more challenging experience on their own. I know I wouldn’t.

I’ll suggest it to him, though.

Some people aren’t down on the idea of having to contrive some supremely meta and subjective more challenging experience on their own. I know I wouldn’t.

I’ll suggest it to him, though.

I understand that, and its to early to say for me personally. But i am thinking about attempting a lvl 1 run as proud mode hasnt been that difficult but i Will finish my run and decide if i like the gameplay enough to do that.
But the mechanics seems much better, the only thing i am worried about is you will have to be aware enemies attack you off screen. Meaning you Will need to learn positioning yourself so you know where all enemies are. Which Can be quite difficult later in the game.

Here are few ways i am thinking of making it more difficult to myself.
- don’t lvl up your keyblades
- zero xp run
- dont use enhancement accessories and armor.
- limit yourself not to use AP Boosts.
- limit yourself not using the Disney rides.

But i wont be able to say What Will be fun to do before i learned the end game content and Challenge level.

Hobbesian

Banned
I’m sure there will be updates with higher difficulties. I just hope they’re actually GOOD and they don’t just up all the enemy HP and damage taken, or just make it harder to level up.

That’s probably when I’ll give the game a shot myself.

It’s just disappointing to see this game release this way after KH2 Remix was supposedly received so well and the current climate in the AAA space says that publishers shouldn’t be afraid to release challenging games. Especially if they have varied difficulty settings.

Last edited:

HotPocket69

Banned
All Lucky Emblems in Olympus and Twilight Town got.

Also found all those Herc statues and got a special belt for it but it sucks compared to what I have equipped. Also found the knight shield+ at the forge but that shit is weaksauce too :messenger_pouting:

Last edited:

peronmls

You're right, you never said it was the focus of the game, so my bad on that one. Still, many people have grown accustomed to the KH characters and find it as beloved as the ones found from the FF franchise, so I don't see any problem with it imo. Since the FF franchise never had one specific set of characters that could represent their whole franchise (as it is in the case of Mickey Mouse characters), it would have been difficult to choose one of them to lead the franchise. Creating original characters and lore was the right choice imo.

KH characters couldn't be more FF-esque though.
KH3 is not FF-esque. It’s more like Naruto or Bleach. A bad mistake on squares part for removing FF characters. Because of that we no longer get a iconic Sephiroth fight. Down 1 secret boss. This game is like when KHJPversion released. It had no secret boss’ including Sephiroth.

Akuza89

Any one else really want to....

play the game they show in toy box world haha reminds me of a good looking final fantasy!

Anyone notice the ifrit Odin and bahamut statues in the toy store?! How cool were they!

Last edited:

Verdanth

Crazy game. Already clocked 30 hours in it

Same here. Finished my forth world and I'm loving every second of the game. The worlds done so far were all amazing to me.

Man, that dancing section on Tangled world. So well crafted. It put a huge smile on my face.

So far I've got 4 keyblades, and it's really great that they all play differently. Really happy they went this way, since it makes each keyblade unique.

Currently sitting on level 24, and all the skills I've been unlocking make the gameplay different, since it gives you more options on how to approach enemies.

Any one else really want to....

play the game they show in toy box world haha reminds me of a good looking final fantasy!

It got me completely by surprise. I seriously said: "Wtf is going on here?"

Last edited:

Mista

Banned
Same here. Finished my forth world and I'm loving every second of the game. The worlds done so far were all amazing to me.

Man, that dancing section on Tangled world. So well crafted. It put a huge smile on my face.

So far I've got 4 keyblades, and it's really great that they all play differently. Really happy they went this way, since it makes each keyblade unique.

Currently sitting on level 24, and all the skills I've been unlocking make the gameplay different, since it gives you more options on how to approach enemies.

It got me completely by surprise. I seriously said: "Wtf is going on here?"
I enjoyed that segment so much to the point I raised my headset volume. I finished 5 worlds now but going to stop for now and hit the bed

Top Bottom