• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts 3: general thoughts and opinions (story spoiler)

D.Final

Banned
I will start by saying that I too am a big fan of the saga, already from the first Kingdom Hearts for PS2.

I became a big fan of the saga for several reasons, but the biggest reason is for the message with which the game was created, and that is:

Disney + Final Fantasy = Kingdom Hearts

The union of 2 different universes to create something new, magical, unique and epic.

Now I'll talk more about today's game, Kingdom Hearts 3, and why I only liked it halfway.

Start with a very classic tutorial, but compared to those of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 (which are very related to the main plot of the game) that of Kingdom Hearts 3 is much more mundane and almost casual.
(with the exception of a detail, given as an indication, on the most advanced phases of the game)

The Olimpus is the first world, and it is very beautiful.
However, when we think of Olympus, the colosseum immediately springs to mind.
Here it does not exist.
In Kingdom Hearts 3 there is no colosseum ...

Then, Thebe is beautiful, the mountain and the Olympus are beautiful too.
And the fight against the Titans is nice.
But the absence of a battle against Hades, the villan of Olympus, is a very serious shortcoming for me.

Then, Twilight Town.
The world, for me, more disappointing than the whole game.

In practice, this is the smallest Twilight Town of every game in the saga.
And it is also smaller than its 358/2 Days and KH2 version.

And, it should also represent the main hub of the game, in theory.
The problem is that you will never return to the main plot, so ....
(second worst only to the book of Winnie the Poo, which is only one page ....)

Later there is the reign of Corona.
Really beautiful.

The only problems, for me, concern the absence of the whole section of the "ugly duckling", with the various hunters and delinquents.
And the non-cohesive amalgamation of the plot of the film in the game.
(where certain details, if you have not seen the film, you have to guess or already know)

Then there is the ToyBox.
The world of Toy Story.

With an opening to the ridiculous world.
Worthy of a primary school child.
Nomura, with this video, and a quote to the project that he himself never managed to finish in more than 8 years, also wants to complain to the artists who have done a huge job to complete this project.
And you insult them like that too ?!
For me, this is already a big negative point for the whole game.

For the rest, ToyBox is a very beautiful world.
Colorful, faithful, and beautiful to play.

Then there is Mostropoli.
(which I would only call Monsters Inc.)
[since you do not visit a city]

Cute, but definitely too linear for my taste.
Not that other worlds are not, but I think this is one of the most linear.
Furthermore, the world is practically empty.
The only monsters you can find, besides Mike and Sully, are 2 of the CDA ....

Then Arendelle.
The world is based only on the mountain.
[and on the ice labyrinth that creates Larxene in about 1/2 minutes]

Even this world is very linear, but also has several areas of fall and climbing, very large and open.
Even these world is visually very beautiful, but not having included the city and the castle of Arendelle in a world that is literally called Arendelle, is a big flaw for me.
(especially from a technical and gameplay point of view, in general)

The Caribbean is, for me, the perfect world for a film like pirates of the Caribbean.

Exploration is the Top, thanks to the use of the ship, the navigation of the various islands, the sea floor, and in the care of the city of Port Royal, the Caribbean represent the richest, most vast and beautiful world of all Kingdom Hearts 3 .

In addition, with the presence of 2 unique heartless bosses, and the final boss battle against Devi Jones, it represents the Disney world more fizzed even from this point of view.

And last, as Disney worlds, Sanfransokyo.

A world very different from the others.
And that is based, in practice, only 2/3 areas.
The house (garage) , the city (obviously bounded by giant square by a "digital barrier"), and only for the beginning of the world (and for a challenge of the portals) the bridge.
As the city is vast, beautiful to see, or with many details, it has never given me the same freedom that I would have expected, especially after playing the vast world of the Caribbean.

Moreover, every time you leave the area you are always asked:
"Do you want to go back to Hiro's garage?"

I would have avoided asking a question like this every time you leave the city .....
(as if it were a Windows signal, would you like to close this window?)

And, after visiting all the worlds available only to become even stronger, and to try to get the power of awakening that ultimately did not get thanks to the journey in these worlds, begins the final section of the game.
And also of the actual plot of the game.

Seeing that between the 1/2 worlds we visited there were just some clues and things that were happening, some very interesting (like Ansem taking Ansem the wise man out of the dark realm, only to let him escape with the improvised rescue attempt of Heyner, Pence and Olette, and of Vexen the traitor who wants to redeem himself [for me, actually, just because he does not want to die again, and leave his search interrupted again]), while others were only clues to the future of saga.

All 5/6 final hours of the story are very epic.
For many reasons.
So, I will list the things that, in my opinion, they had to manage better.

All the battles against the new organization xiii had to be single.
Because
, even in groups, the enemies have been calibrated with a low level of difficulty.
And, in the battle, you get to almost defeat 2/3 at the same time.

But the biggest problem, in my opinion, is the cutscene that starts every time you defeat someone.
As if time stopped and, boom, cutscene of the defeated enemy who says his closing bar, and then off, the next in line.

(who was so patient to wait for his ally's disappearance ...)

For me the management of these very important battles, which have their past and strong impact, has been extremely anti-climatic.
(and I do not understand why Nomura managed things like that, like a shopping list.....)

The behavior of the organization, then, is the maximum.
In practice, only Xehanort was doing this battle.
All the others were there because they were called or forced, or because they had nothing to do.
So a non-organization.
(Disorganization XIII)

The best parts of the final battle are, the defeat of the seven lights, the arrival of Sora in the Final World, the awakening of the lights of the past, the reunion of Aqua, Ventus and Terra, the reunion of Axel, Roxas and Xion, and the final battle of Sora against Xehanort at Scala ad Caelum.

Pulling the final sums, then, here are the pros and cons of the game:

Good:

- excellent artistic direction.
Especially for the Disney worlds, like ToyBox, the kingdom of Corona, and the Caribbean.

- epic story, but ....

- excellent BS, rich and varied

- many minigames, rich and fun
(The Flantastic Seven :messenger_smiling_hearts:)

- great OST, especially in the more advanced phases of the game, like the one in Scala ad Caelum

- the Final World is very beautiful, inspired, and poetic, in the way it was made.
(and I'm not referring to the Keyblade Graveyard)

- the gummiship.
Significantly improved by integrating a free navigation system, exploring stars, discovering treasures, destroying asteroids, photographing constellations, and destroying enemies and bosses.
(also, the gummiship also has some secret Bosses that can be difficult)
[so the gummiship has more secret bosses to fight against than Sora in the whole post game]

Bad:

- history, which only really shines in the most advanced phases of the game.
It results a lot, and too much, fast.
In addition to being very compressed.

- difficulty level really too low.
(even on "expert" difficulty the game is definitely too easy)
[I hope they can get on with a critical difficulty]

- the post game is too poor.
In practice, the post game of KH3 is based on 13 very simple portal challenges, plus the number 14 with the "secret boss", which I easily defeated at level 60.
+
Minigames, treasure chests, lucky charms, and photo-missions.

From my point of view it is really too poor.

- some worlds, above all Mostropoli, are excessively linear.
Moreover, some shortcomings of the worlds, such as the almost total absence of the monsters in Mostropoli, or the absence of the city and the castle of Arendelle, are unjustifiable.
(technically)
Because, in this way, the worlds are more empty without reason.

- the whole section of Verum Rex, is a section that has as its sole purpose to re-present, in a different key, a project that the same creator of the game, Nomura, has failed to achieve in more than 8 years and more than anything cosmic .
Represents it as an arrow to the project carried out by another team, not only as a child, but it is not at all respectful to the team that has assumed the responsibility of finishing that project.

This, for me, turns out to be a very negative point for KH3 not only for the attitude used by its creator, but also for the disrespectful attitude that leads to other artists for what they do, and that is their work.
Using the game as a negative message, towards that particular game, without any real creative logic, but only with the revenge logic.

Extra:

- the absence of the colosseum is something that, with current technologies, does not make sense that it is absent in Kingdom Hearts 3.

- Twilight Town is too small compared to all the previous Kingdom Hearts games.

- the absence of the Radiant Garden as an explorable world, and the Final Fantasy characters in the game, makes no sense.
Since they both represent a fundamental part of Kingdom Hearts history and Lore.

That said, the game is really beautiful.
But it has just some flaw that undermines the playability and the difficulty, other times for the absence of many things, such as the exploration of areas (as for Twilight Town), and for the post game (with the serious absence of Colosseum).

But, among all these things, one of the most serious shortcomings for me is the absence of the Final Fantasy characters.

And, in this case, I do not speak only as a great fan of both sagas, but I also speak with an eye to the concept.

Because, as I said at the beginning, Kingdom Hearts was born with the premise of uniting very different worlds together.
And, in fact, Kingdom Hearts is:

Disney + Final Fantasy = Kingdom Hearts

Now Nomura considers these characters, who since the first Kingdom Hearts are an official part of the Kingdom Hearts Lore, only as advertising for the game.
Not understanding at all that these characters are not just these.

Leon, Yuffie, Aeris, Cid, Cloud, and everyone else, are all part of one great Lore.
This Lore is what makes Kingdom Hearts really Kingdom Hearts.

Because those characters are part of a great saga of video games, while Goofy, Donald Duck, Mickey Mouse, and all the others are cartoons.
It is for this difference, the union of these 2 elements, creates something new and unique.
And minimize it, pretending that they do not exist, or that they are just free publicity, and the most senseless and illogical thing one can believe.
And it does nothing but make known to the whole world as such a message of union and cohesion of universes today seems no longer exist (becoming only poor Easter egg of the game), because of Nomura.
And, that is, the creator who no longer knows what the message that made Kingdom Hearts truly famous and epic.

For this reason, as much as I still liked Kingdom Hearts 3 for what it offers, for me it is not a REAL Kingdom Hearts.
Or maybe it would be better to say, Kingdom Hearts 3 is only half Kingdom Hearts, and therefore not true and not complete.
(or, at least, as a message of the saga as a work)

Because Kingdom Hearts is not:

Disney + Disney (Square Enix) = Kingdom Hearts ???

Kingdom Hearts is:

Final Fantasy + Disney = KINGDOM HEARTS!!!

Union of worlds, union of universes, media unions, film + real videogames saga (in this case FF).
This is the true message from Kingdom Hearts.
And in Kingdom Hearts 3 it's absent.....

That's why, for me, Kingdom Hearts 3 is not a complete Kingdom Hearts, but it's just a half-hearted Kingdom Hearts.

And as long as this message is not restored, for me it will always be incomplete, half empty, and without true magic.
That same magic that brought this saga to life, now there is not.

I hope for a better future.
Because if not even the creator sees what the real reason for why Kingdom Hearts exists, and what was born, by the magic and the fusion of 2 very different universes that come together, then this saga, which I love (since I am a fans from the PS2 era) probably will not have a very rosy future.

Losing the magic that made Kingdom Hearts, what is Kingdom Hearts.

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Banned
Maybe a reason we didn't get any final fantasy characters is because in 2 years we will get kingdom hearts 3 final mix 69 which will penetrate deep the FF universe and jump in after the secret ending

CuNi

I'm a huge KG fan but man this game was a let down.. I'm still hoping there will be a surprise 100GB that patches in the actual game.. I don't remember if the KH3 logo appeared after the KH2.9 logo was shown very early in the game.. Still convincing myself it's 2.9... I could rant for hours how I feel about this game but I'll call it a day here and finally go to bed..

D.Final

Banned
I think that, while remaining optimistic, not all of these problems can ever be solved in a Final Mix version of the game.

Because the problems are many, and also very big.
Above all on a conceptual level.

And until Nomura understands the message of true union of universes, which made Kingdom Hearts what was Kingdom Hearts 1, I do not know how things will change soon.

First of all, it should re-establish the concept of union of different universes in Kingdom Hearts 3.
And that is:

Final Fantasy + Disney = KINGDOM HEARTS!

This must understand Nomura.

And, until that day, Kingdom Hearts 3 will never be a real Kingdom Hearts for me.
But only a half Kingdom Hearts.

D.Final

Banned
And I also came to mind how, or why, if Sora had to train to regain his powers, in addition to that of awakening (which in the end does not reacquire with the trip), because he never went to ask Merlin to that world where time and space do not flow naturally, where also Kairi and Lea were training???

Even here, the plot does not seem to stand on a true underlying logic, the more on an excuse to visit the worlds.
(even if they have no relevance to the events of the plot of the game)

Last edited:

Dynasty8

The game sucked IMHO. Kingdom Hearts 1 was one of my favorite games of all time...the simplicity, the crossover, the challenge, the gameplay, music...everything about it felt great back in 2002-2003. Kingdom Hearts 3 takes all that away except the music. The game is so convoluted, cringey and unnecessarily confusing (like a third grader wrote it), the crossover is no longer there with a complete absence of FF characters, the challenge is entirely gone even on proud mode (standard mode in KH1 is harder than Proud mode in KH3), the gameplay is just tedious and again...to easy. I can go through most of the game mashing X and using the endless amounts of Disney Advertisem....I mean Attractions.

And before anyone talks about how the story is good and requires you to play through the side games, I have played them. Story still is ridiculous in every possible way.

Last edited:
damn i fell for the hype and bought a ps4 pro a few months back in anticipation for this game. I'm not even gonna bother, I've still got to beat KH2 anyways

also, what's with the bolding op? it really does not do your post's any favors

I'm a KH fan. I came in with minor expecations I think it came out good! Sure some of the story still has some loose ends, but hey we will get more KH games and that's awesome!!

Problem is that Story picked up in the end game and the disney worlds just felt like fillers. And god can we talk about Kairi having as little as 10 min screentime!? They did her no favor at all imo

peronmls

The game is missing content. Coluseum, FF Characters, original music, more than half assed Winne the Pooh world. The game did nothing new beside keyblade transformations. No new humanoid bosses. KH2 vanilla had way more content than KH3. The game is over hyped and hopefully it gets noticed. Super big fan of KH1 and 2.

Last edited:

Big Daddy

Banned
Those keyblade transformations were lit though. I enjoyed the ice one and also the pirates one. Oh shit and the one you get after you beat the Rapunzel world 🤗

D.Final

Banned
It breaks my heart seeing Phil muted :(

This is another thing that does not make any sense to me in the game for me.....

That is, what sense does it make a world (in Kingdom Hearts 3) like Mount Olympus, an iconic place in the series, with one of the most funny characters in the world, Phil, mute?!?

It's illogical, and it makes no sense.......

Make the model of the character, all beautiful and well done, just to make him mute.......
Without jokes .....
Treated worse by the random villagers of the smallest, and disappointing, Twilight Town in the history of the entire Kingdom Hearts saga.

Same thing for other characters, who appear in the cutscene without saying anything.......
(like Aeleus and Dilan, In an unexplored world of Radiant Garden. A world that would have many more reasons to be explored, compared to the miserable and sad world of Twilight Town [a beautiful world in KH2 and in 358/2 Days, treated in a pathetic and skimpy way all 'far-fetched in Kingdom Hearts 3......])

P. S .: and this reminds me how stupid the idea of removing the Colosseum from Mount Olympus was......
I still can not believe it.......

And I can not even believe that, for Nomura, the characters of Final Fantasy are just free advertising .....
Removing them totally from the history of Kingdom Hearts 3 ....

When, in reality, Kingdom Hearts, as a conceptual idea, is the union of Disney universes with those of Final Fantasy.
Creating a unique, new, and magical story and Lore.
And so, even the Final Fantasy characters, like Cid, Leon, Aeris, Cloud, and all the others, are part of the story and of the Lore of Kingdom Hearts.

And that's why Kingdom Hearts 3 is only half Kingdom Hearts, and therefore not a real Kingdom Hearts game.

Since its creator, Nomura, has removed the magic, and the concept itself, of why the saga exists.

"a work ruined by its own creator"

Last edited:

danielberg

Neophyte
When, in reality, Kingdom Hearts, as a conceptual idea, is the union of Disney universes with those of Final Fantasy.
Creating a unique, new, and magical story and Lore.
And so, even the Final Fantasy characters, like Cid, Leon, Aeris, Cloud, and all the others, are part of the story and of the Lore of Kingdom Hearts.

And that's why Kingdom Hearts 3 is only half Kingdom Hearts, and therefore not a real Kingdom Hearts game.

Since its creator, Nomura, has removed the magic, and the concept itself, of why the saga exists.

"a work ruined by its own creator"

I completely disagree FF characters have always been nothing but window dressing and have never been actual part of the story in Kh yes would be nice to have some of them in KH3 especially a Seph fight but they are not instrumental to the story at all and have taken more and more a backseat to original KH characters as the franchise continued.
Kingdom hearts own characters fill the animu/hottopic niche quit nicely and there are already a lot of them and too much to cover for the final in the xehanorth saga.
The whole "Kingdom Hearts 3 is only half a KH game" thing is a bit crazy to me

Last edited:

D.Final

Banned
I completely disagree FF characters have always been nothing but window dressing and have never been actual part of the story in Kh yes would be nice to have some of them in KH3 especially a Seph fight but they are not instrumental to the story at all and have taken more and more a backseat to original KH characters as the franchise continued.
Kingdom hearts own characters fill the animu/hottopic niche quit nicely and there are already a lot of them and too much to cover for the final in the xehanorth saga.
The whole "Kingdom Hearts 3 is only half a KH game" thing is a bit crazy to me

Actually, the characters of Final Fantasy have always, and I say ALWAYS, been part of the history and Lore of Kingdom Hearts.

Especially in the plot of the most important games of the saga, Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2.

Since, I repeat, Kingdom Hearts was born from the union of 2 very different universes.

Final Fantasy + Disney = Kingdom Hearts

Saying the opposite does not make sense.....
Because you should delete all the story of Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 to say otherwise.

Furthermore, this is the conceptual basis of how and why the series exists.
If you take this off, you get Kingdom Hearts 3.
And, that is, a half Kingdom Hearts.
Becoming a kind of generic action jrpg, done by SE, with Disney characters.

I love Kingdom Hearts especially for the concept of union of universes.
If you remove this, take away the meaning itself, and all the magic, of the saga.
By becoming something flat like a sheet of white paper......

And, to refresh your memory, link below 2 videos taken from the main plot of Kingdom Hearts 1.

Last edited:

Flyinmunky

It showed kingdom hearts 3 like 5 times lol

Came here to post this , kept laughing each time it came up, was like wtf?

I will be 100% honest, this was my 1st KH game.

I got hyped for it by watching hours of timeline videos. I was invested in characters and story.

I gave up after bout 5 hours in. Gameplay, story and the actual zones where just not interesting enough.

Watched the 10 hour all cut scene mode on youtube instead.

Story picks up towards end but found it to be a bit of a snooze.

Reviews seem decent though so glad a lot of long time fans enjoying it.

D.Final

Banned
Problem is that Story picked up in the end game and the disney worlds just felt like fillers. And god can we talk about Kairi having as little as 10 min screentime!? They did her no favor at all imo

This is also one of the problems I noticed in the game.

That is, the worlds are also beautiful or cute to visit (with the exception of Mostropoli, which is a very long corridor) [and with the exception of Twilight Town, which is one of the smallest worlds in the whole saga, sad, and pathetically small].

But the reason for visiting other worlds is so superficial and / or non-existent that if they had not been there it would have been irrelevant.

Because, since the bulk of the narration has been concentrated in the last 5/6 hours of the story of the game, all that had happened before were either curiosities, or clues, or superfluous or useless things for the purposes of the real main plot of the game.

At least in Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2, the plot told in the Disney worlds had been well managed, and with a much more valid reason.

While in Kingdom Hearts 3 the trip is treated as a random training.
(which he could do anywhere, even in the secret world where Kairi and Lea were training)

D.Final

Banned
Today I have been watching Cloud and Sephiroth videos from Kingdom Hearts 1.

Those battles were truly epic T_T

6KIG4Lq.jpg

For years I imagined their return to Kingdom Hearts 3.
Remaining bitterly burned, and disappointed, by their unjustified absence.
And from the disappearance of the colosseum itself.
Their first battlefield in the saga.

Why are not present in the game?!?!!
:messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying::messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Azurro

Banned
I'm a bit late to the party with this one, so, sorry for the necro bump but really, what a disappointment this game has been, at least for the last what? 3 hours or 4 that I've played it. I'm hating it.

Maybe it was bad timing, as I was replaying Dark Souls 1 and 3 before getting this, but my god, I hate this game's combat.
I have tons and tons of things I can complain about, such as:

1. Floaty controls, everywhere, for everything. I hate moving the character in this world. Plattforming feels clunky, dodging feels clunky, juming feels clunky. Everything has such a terrible feedback.
2. Lack of feedback when attacking the enemies
3. You can't customise the button layout.
4. Hardly any strategy to the fights, just keep spamming the attack button and wait until you can activate...
5. A GIMMICK! Gimmicks fucking everywhere! Special move here, special move there, none of them feel earned, they are not necessarily super efficient either. It just feels like they wanted something so that kids could go "ohhh flashy stuff" every 3 minutes. This one is on me, as I'm a grown man and playing this just for nostalgia, but jfc, what a shit combat system.
6. If you don't want to be using the gimmicks again and again, the basic combat is just...basic. The dodging and rolling don't seem to have clear enough rules on when they are effective. I mean, the game doesn't have to be DMC for the combos, but if you are going to do something more basic, look at how they everything feels in something like DS or BB.
7. The camera is a nightmare.

Aside from this, I just fundamentally dislike some of the aspects of the game.:
1. The worlds are simplistic and poor, it seems the rendering budget went like 70% to the characters, the rest will look like a PS3 game.
2. I don't care much about Disney characters, and it turns out there are no Final Fantasy ones, which is why I played the first 2.
3. In terms of plot...well, I don't understand anything, it's been a long time since KH2, but I hate seeing the Disney characters on screen doing bad recreations of their movies that feel like filler and very little overall plot is seen so far, with no Organization XIII characters anywhere.
4. I hate these characters. I just really hate donald duck, I hate hearing him speak, it just grinds my gears. I hate Sora and his shitty "friendship! Listen to your heart!" speech every single time he opens his damn mouth. Mickey Mouse talking about melodramatic stuff is just cringe worthy as well.

I don't know, I'm not even sure I'm going to stick with this. Good thing I paid a bit less than 30 euro, but I still feel I paid too much. I'll just start DMC V instead.

Last edited:

njean777

There is a theory that this game was all a dream (or something of that nature) basically that Sora was in the sleeping realm because he dropped at the beginning of the game. Also why he disappears at the end, it's a really interesting theory and one that has merit. Nomura has done cryptic stuff like this before so we shall see what comes of it.

I enjoyed the game and it has the best battle system to date for me, fast and fluid. I did get annoyed of the ride attractions though, but luckily you can not use them lol. As for the story aspect, I really didn't care for all Pixar worlds basically. I am not a huge Pixar fan and would have like to see some classic Disney worlds instead of just Hercules. Another problem is that all the Disney worlds in this game (more than any other KH) felt like nothing but filler. The game doesn't even ramp up till the end and all of a sudden we have like 3-4 hours of exposition dump and then bam its over. So basically 25 hours of filler compared to 3-4 of actual story... like wtf?

Last edited:

Fake

Sry, but you can't be a KH fan asking for FF chars being there.
Even the director are trying to reduce FF chars because he want to KH to be KH: About hearts and Disney worlds.

Agree about post-game, BUT to be fair ALL KH games suffer from the same game. If you're an old fan like me you already know most of KH base games have little post game until they release a 'FINAL MIX' version. Maybe the DLC could fix that.
I 100% with Kingdom Hearts this time. KH3 nee to be a full plot game and remove some FF chars could make Sora and his friends less atractive as usual. Besides, this Xenahort ARC we never saw so much keyblade weirder in one place like KH3 showed.
Toy Story world is by far the best world of all the series.
Agree with you at the Twilight town. Is very unpolish world.
Disagree with Colliseum. Colliseum was always a small shit world. Again, you must be one of those Kingdom Hearts 2 fans because Colliseum still shit little place there. Hades underworld are saving the day again.
The lack of Radiant Guarden was dissapoint too.
My best advice for those obcessed with FF fans: Go play Final Fantasy games. They're there. Sora now have a huge list of friends and the director want to stop making his chars being a shadow of FF franchise.

For our luck, the DLC still come this year. He will act like Final Mix and will try to balance the game.
I find funny people talking too good about KH2, but many of them played on PS4.
I played on PS2 and was a mess. Final Mix litelary save the game.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Maybe a reason we didn't get any final fantasy characters is because in 2 years we will get kingdom hearts 3 final mix 69 which will penetrate deep the FF universe and jump in after the secret ending

The obvious reason is that the story arc for the FF characters were finished with Radiant Garden's purification in KH2.

With the amount of characters (organization 13 OG and new, the 7 lights, and the MoM crew) there was already a dearth of characters that needed to get some of the spotlight. We really didn't need FF characters to add into that. This was the end of the Darkseeker Saga and the focus should have been around the characters who had direct ties to old Xehanort (which the FF crew did not).

I will be very annoyed if we don't see any FF (or general Square Enix JRPG characters) in KH4. New saga, less characters - give me some cool cameos.

A shame as they still haven't topped KH2 Final mix. From what i've heard and understand, after KH2 the games went to Square's Osaka team? Which seems to makes sense because that's when the games became kinda stiff and really floaty to me. If true Square really needs to go back to the team who did KH2 final mix cause nothing after that comes close to how much fun that game was. Lingering Will and the data battles are a real treat :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom