• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom come: Deliverance |OT| Gone King Wenceslas

Kadayi

Banned
Man, it is totally worth picking herbs early on. The indoor trader will buy sage etc and she has a lot of money. I was even able to buy a fancy coat with all the cash I had. Plus you can get some perks as well.

Man, it is totally worth picking herbs early on. The indoor trader will buy sage etc and she has a lot of money. I was even able to buy a fancy coat with all the cash I had. Plus you can get some perks as well.
I get money by selling Vitality potions which I make. They only require dandelions and marigold which are pretty easy to find.

Hunting is also pretty good. Shooting a couple of rabbits gives tons of meat which can be sold to the butcher in Rattay. You can find quite a lot of them in the woods southeast of Rattay.

IMACOMPUTA

Can someone tell me if their Henry shadow is missing a neck and has holes in his head where eyes would be? It seems like only certain lighting conditions produce this shadow. I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug on my system or in general.
I'm on PC.

Can't tell my neck is missing in this one, but here's PC all max settings.
download_20180225_192imroq.png

Can someone tell me if their Henry shadow is missing a neck and has holes in his head where eyes would be? It seems like only certain lighting conditions produce this shadow. I'm trying to figure out if it's a bug on my system or in general.
I'm on PC.

Can't tell my neck is missing in this one, but here's PC all max settings.
download_20180225_192imroq.png
I have seen videos with the neckless shadow glitch and eyes, I have never had it but I do get the glitch where in dark lighting the character eye textures appear black.

If I had to guess it sounds like it might be an issue with some graphics cards drivers and it may be fixed whenever there a driver update.

Last edited:
So I started doing these thieving activities for this vagabond in Rattay. Did three or four of them and now I’ve got this guild seal to show him but he’s been stuck in a pillory in the middle of town for days. This a bug or am I just supposed to wait until the guards let him loose?

Last edited:

Dargor

At my wits end with the lock picking in this game. Any help?

Are you playing on consoles or pc?

If PC, my tip: lower your mouse sensitivity (this also works for archery), it will help with the moviments of the mouse, since they'll become less twitchy. Aside from that, just keep at it, it will become very easy once you lvl up a little. And some of the perks you unlock will also help.

For consoles: gotta wait, WH already acknowledged that lockpicking on consoles is way too hard, so they are working to fix it.

Are you playing on consoles or pc?

If PC, my tip: lower your mouse sensitivity (this also works for archery), it will help with the moviments of the mouse, since they'll become less twitchy. Aside from that, just keep at it, it will become very easy once you lvl up a little. And some of the perks you unlock will also help.

For consoles: gotta wait, WH already acknowledged that lockpicking on consoles is way too hard, so they are working to fix it.

I'm on console, so I guess I'll just wait it out then. Thanks for the reply.

daibaron

Banned
Is the game running well in ps4pro? Generally are the graphics at least on the same level of Fallout 4?
I will get the game sooner or later, but i have so many games in my backlog that i am debating if i should pay full price for a game that might still need a bit of polishing.

Moneal

Is the game running well in ps4pro? Generally are the graphics at least on the same level of Fallout 4?
I will get the game sooner or later, but i have so many games in my backlog that i am debating if i should pay full price for a game that might still need a bit of polishing.

Runs pretty well on my pro. haven't had much slowdown. Load times can be a pain at times. Pop in is pretty noticeable too. I had a point were textures weren't loading for anything, but sleep saving and restarting the game fixed it. I would say its not much different from skyrim at launch or even fallout on the bug front.

If its going into your backlog, I would tell you what I would say for any game that you aren't going to play right away, wait for a sale. I am having a ton of fun with the game. Really liking the combat, once it opens up. I really like how you don't really know how to do much until someone shows you how.

Playing on a Pro and I’m echoing what the other guy said. Runs fine, aside from pop in and long load times. I don’t mind either because once you jump in, the immersion factor sucks you right up.

Last edited:

Iberian

Not feeling the game. Combat feels ultra klunky and the need to sleep and eat constantly gets tiresome. Quests are somewhat nice but boring and mundane. Graphics are nice but I end up fast traveling a lot to save time. Although it does not. Getting ready to assault the bandit camp where Rust is hiding. Hope it picks up from there because right now it feels like a major snore fest.

Last edited:

Makariel

I also started to roam around bohemian villages now. Just managed to get past the title sequence, that was quite a long prologue :D

Kadayi

Banned
Mainly been noodling around retrying my approach and missions. Gotta say the goddam forests are sublime.

The mace fucking obliterates in this. It’s best for armor anyway and it wrecks non armored enemies with ease. I’m already one shotting Cumans and bandits. Feels goodman.

Also grown quite fond of the bow mechanics. Once you nail the timing and realize you don’t need to fuck with aiming you’re good to go.

Makariel

Put in a few more hours but while I had zero issues in the opening bit, the game crashed on me a number of times once I was released into the open world. Not entirely sure why, because none of the crashes were reproducible, but I guess a few more patches are necessary. Reminds me a bit on Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines, that had also its share of bugs and glitches at launch, still one of the best RPG of all time. From what I've seen so far, KCD could get there as well.

Sleepy Hooman

Neo Member
So it looks like I will have an opportunity do to an interview with the devs, so if there's an interesting question roaming your head regarding the game, write to me :)

So it looks like I will have an opportunity do to an interview with the devs, so if there's an interesting question roaming your head regarding the game, write to me :)

Find out if they purposely made Lady Stephanie look like Sophie Marceau in Braveheart.

Also ask what’s with the lack of Asian NPCs

Denton

It is really strange how so many people have the game apparently so buggy, while colleague of mine at work played for 60 hours so far and reports no quest bugs yet, only some AI glitches.

Open world nonlinear RPGs really are the worst when it comes to QA.

Dan mentioned on twitter the patch is being finalized today, so hopefully later this week it will be released (and not break other stuff).

In any case I am glad I am playing Elex right now so Warhorse can patch it and when I get to it, it will be polished. I expect Kingdom Come to be the best game since Witcher 3.

Last edited:
Some people are having worse experiences than others. I’ve had one crash to the XMB screen on the Pro and none of my quests have been bugged or broken and I’ve done a bunch of them in my 40+ hours.

DryvBy

My cousin has this on PC and is saying he's getting under 10fps which doesn't seem right. His system is an i5 2500k, SLI GeForce 760s with 16GB DDR3 RAM and trying to run this on his 1440p monitor. I'm pretty tech savy but since I only have the game on PS4, I can't really pinpoint what his issue is or if this game runs this poorly on PC. I feel he's got some sort of driver issue or doesn't have something set up correctly (like not having a driver for his chipset in place).

Any suggestions?

edit: Quite honestly, everything he has runs like complete crap. Hearts of Iron 4, Civilization 6... they all have issues. I'm almost certain it's him not setting this up correctly.

Last edited:

Dargor

Ask him if they plan to add more weapons to the game. Like true two-handers, crossbows, like not having crossbows in bohemia is crazy! Also ask him if they plan to rework mounted combat, its so poor now.

Last edited:

bronk

Banned
So I decided I wanted to grab this game. I have some questions though if you guys can help me out. Some games especially 1st person can give me motion sickness and headaches. Is there an FOV slider? If there isnt does anyone know if its a wider FOV or not? Is there motion blur? Can you turn it off? Also is there head bob during walking and can you turn it off? Random questions I know haha but it sucks when I buy a game and end up not being able to play it cause of my stupid motion sickness. Im on PS4 by the way. Thank you!

lefty1117

Gold Member
My cousin has this on PC and is saying he's getting under 10fps which doesn't seem right. His system is an i5 2500k, SLI GeForce 760s with 16GB DDR3 RAM and trying to run this on his 1440p monitor. I'm pretty tech savy but since I only have the game on PS4, I can't really pinpoint what his issue is or if this game runs this poorly on PC. I feel he's got some sort of driver issue or doesn't have something set up correctly (like not having a driver for his chipset in place).

Any suggestions?

edit: Quite honestly, everything he has runs like complete crap. Hearts of Iron 4, Civilization 6... they all have issues. I'm almost certain it's him not setting this up correctly.

Bro I'd start with the CPU, he has a 2500k which is less than half of my 5280k, that can't be good

Makariel

Bro I'd start with the CPU, he has a 2500k which is less than half of my 5280k, that can't be good
Nah the 2500K is still doing fine, as long as it's cooled well and OC'd it can handle most things being thrown at it and is well within the requirements for the game. The recommended CPU for KCD is a i7 3770 so it's actually doing really well. The RAM is also plenty, so my guess would be something off with the drivers for the GPU, maybe KCD can't handle SLI properly? Have the graphics settings been toned down accordingly? Things like shadow detail can AFAIK wreck framerate on older hardware.

DryvBy

Nah the 2500K is still doing fine, as long as it's cooled well and OC'd it can handle most things being thrown at it and is well within the requirements for the game. The recommended CPU for KCD is a i7 3770 so it's actually doing really well. The RAM is also plenty, so my guess would be something off with the drivers for the GPU, maybe KCD can't handle SLI properly? Have the graphics settings been toned down accordingly? Things like shadow detail can AFAIK wreck framerate on older hardware.

I really can't tell. My wife's gaming PC is my old one and it's similar outside of the video. She has a 670 and doesn't have SLI, but everything else is the same.

I'm assuming he doesn't know how to adjust graphic settings properly and he doesn't have drivers installed. This isn't the only game doing this.

RavageX

Well how is everyone enjoying it? I seem to spend most of my time lost.

It seems that more people enjoy talking about whatever controversies and such that people made up about the game than the game itself.
(not so much this thread)

ABeezy1388

It seems that more people enjoy talking about whatever controversies and such that people made up about the game than the game itself.

I am enjoying it quite a bit! its great fun and has kept me hooked. Curious as to how you are "lost"?

The quality of the sidequests here are basically on the same level as The Witcher to me.

I just completed “Mysterious Ways” last night and that was hands down the funniest shit I’ve ever experienced in a game. I was fucking dying. The writing, character animation and acting were so spot on.

RavageX

I am enjoying it quite a bit! its great fun and has kept me hooked. Curious as to how you are "lost"?

Oh nothing serious, I spent a good deal of time lost in the woods looking for bandits....that sort of thing. I'd rather spend time wandering around than have bandits just sitting right there in plain sight, lol.

Makariel

I don't talk much about it because I'm too busy playing. Rather than writing a lengthy posting about my experiences I go and play some more :D

But so far it's the kind of game I was hoping for ever since I first played one of the Bethesda open world RPGs. Get rid of that silly magic and monsters, and let me experience a tiny chunk of history. The same way I love playing Assassin's Creed games for the "virtual tourism" aspect of visiting a place I can't because it is lost to time (fully accepting that there are some anachronisms and historical inaccuracies, but I admire the effort the developers put into recreating old cities, villages and buildings). I am one of those weird nerds that likes to visit medieval castles, ruins of medieval castles and is generally interested in history, so this game is like made for me. That the combat is more engaging than anything the Elder Scrolls could ever come up with is just icing on the cake. I just wish it wouldn't crash that often. I also like that the quests don't hold my hand too much, so that I'm not just following a quest marker around.

I suspect that a lot of us are waiting on the new patch in fear of getting into it and losing progress over some stupid bug.

Personally, I've played a little bit just to see how it is, and I can already tell that I'll be spending the next few months on it easily. However, I suspect that the brutal start to this game will put off a lot of impatient, more casual gamers who are used to Bathesda style RPGs.

The first fist fight alone will make some people rage. You move and punch like a drunken grandmother walking on mud, while the actual drunk you're fighting is jabbing and dancing around you like a prime Sweet Pea Whitaker.

Denton

So I decided I wanted to grab this game. I have some questions though if you guys can help me out. Some games especially 1st person can give me motion sickness and headaches. Is there an FOV slider? If there isnt does anyone know if its a wider FOV or not? Is there motion blur? Can you turn it off? Also is there head bob during walking and can you turn it off? Random questions I know haha but it sucks when I buy a game and end up not being able to play it cause of my stupid motion sickness. Im on PS4 by the way. Thank you!

There is a FOV option in menu on PC version, I would guess it should be there on PS4 as well. On PC it is also possible to use console to adjust it even further.

The first fist fight alone will make some people rage. You move and punch like a drunken grandmother walking on mud, while the actual drunk you're fighting is jabbing and dancing around you like a prime Sweet Pea Whitaker.

It is not that hard to defeat him. Some well placed jabs in quick succession. I love how you can see him getting bloody more and more. But then in the dialogue afterwards he is not bloody anymore, which is a shame.

Top Bottom