• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killzone- How to bring it into next generation (besides graphics)?

Since you are playing as some sort of Shadow Ops Super Soldier in KZSF I can only hope there's a decent amount of well-designed stealth. This series needs more than just shootbang to really make a mark.

Based on the jungle section in Killzone 3, I don't think they are capable of stealth.

Since you are playing as some sort of Shadow Ops Super Soldier in KZSF I can only hope there's a decent amount of well-designed stealth. This series needs more than just shootbang to really make a mark.
agreed, this is a big problem with Crysis 3, nothing to break the action...one arena after another full of enemies :/

TUROK

For sure, I am PC and a console gamer and that's what I have been thinking since the PS2 days. PS3 especially sucks at drawing big open levels with a lot of stuff going on. With so much system ram, I think we will start to see the full potential of these developers.
This is just as much CPU and GPU dependent as much as it is RAM dependent, probably even more so.

the opening of the shadow fall presentation was top notch.
there was this clean utopia of a future city and in the background you could hear some vangelis type vibes.

This is just as much CPU and GPU dependent as much as it is RAM dependent, probably even more so.

most graphics engines these days are GPU bound except for the odd game here and there like Metro 2033. I think Sony devs should be fine on PS4. PS3 on the other had a massive problem running open world games, even the exclusive open world games like infamous had massive performance issues, that hurt the experience.

Gold_Loot

Based on the jungle section in Killzone 3, I don't think they are capable of stealth.

I think some stealth options as well as whole stages would be welcome. I'm sure GG are capable. Even if the one stealth section in KZ3 was only so-so, I wasn't looking for anything real deep there. I'm sure they weren't going to code 8 months of program for a five minute stealth scene in a single stage.

I just want a simple RPG, really, that's it. The world is there, the story is there, the characters are there, the overarching political backstory is there, the culture is there, the lore is there, the weaponry is there, the exploration is there. It's all there, the potential to do this serie justice goes beyond the conventional FPS genre itself.

Said it in the other thread, to bring the FPS genre forward with what Killzone has on tap, they need to tell the damn story.

If the future of FPS is what Bungie is doing, then I would absolutely love for GG to compete with them, especially considering GG has such a developed world in the Killzone universe.

What I really want from Shadow Fall is to play the campaign through 2-4 perspectives, 2 HGH, 2 ISA. Then, when the culmination of the story comes, I want the game to make me select who to play the final story through with. Would require some timed storytelling, but the Berlin Wall storyline seems to favour that more than any other iteration

I think SF will sadly be a standard affair, and I think, once again, the likes of Bungie will be pushing new boundaries with FPS games before most others.

TUROK

most graphics engines these days are GPU bound except for the odd game here and there like Metro 2033. I think Sony devs should be fine on PS4. PS3 on the other had a massive problem running open world games, even the exclusive open world games like infamous had massive performance issues, that hurt the experience.
Just... Stop.

AI... AI... and more AI please

that's what I want in KZ4. that and more vehicular combat as well.

graphics are a given, gunplay needs to be smooth and balanced. don't care for that psuedo "controls like he has some weight" nonsense because that's just a load of crap.

i'm definitely grabbing KZ4 either @ launch or as my next go to title in the winter.

i-Lo

May the gods bless you for this.

Please post to GG Forums when the SF forum opens up. I had a lot of success there when I made a forum post to "fix" K3, the K2 fans there are very supportive.

Thank you, sir. I will have to keep an eye out for when that occurs.

Excellent thread!

Real-Time Win/10

Thanks for the plug i-Lo, great thread!

Thank you very much and remember, if you have any ideas, kindly present it here. I would very much like to make this thread about the game (except graphics) on the ground of functionality and more. For me, it is how it can brought forth into a new generation that would leverage "connectivity" which has become an ubiquitous part of our lives.

It is about changing;adding to the experience without changing the way we interact with the software.

Boss Man

I don't expect to be blown away graphically this early on, but it is the perfect time to begin introducing "next-gen" game design.

Unfortunately this is probably the last game that I would expect to do something like this. So now I'm just going to be disappointed in Killzone: SF.

Thank you, sir. I will have to keep an eye out for when that occurs.

Thank you very much and remember, if you have any ideas, kindly present it here. I would very much like to make this thread about the game (except graphics) on the ground of functionality and more. For me, it is how it can brought forth into a new generation that would leverage "connectivity" which has become an ubiquitous part of our lives.

It is about changing the experience without changing the way we interact with the software.

I really wanted to make a thread like this, but wasn't sure how people would support it, you of course made the initiative. I was personally more concerned with the MP side of things, as I think Killzone's story is best explored outside of the typical FPS tropes that GG wants to appease-- mainly, I want Killzone spinoffs: an RPG on the PS4 and a turn based strategy game on the VITA.

I fully expect SF to be a split campaign. I also am fairly certain the nature of this will allow for a more rounded story that we're all craving, but I really want SF to inspire the player into the story. This is all about that massive backstory that needs to be explained to give players comprehension. It's like talking about the scale of the universe and not understanding what a light-year is. We have this scenario, but lack the true scope and work of it, and it takes so much away.

I want to pitch again this thread: http://community.killzone.com/t5/Ki...These-25-Features-From-Killzone-2/td-p/739829 in the hopes that GG at least brings SF's multiplayer on par with Killzone 2, but it seems preemptive considering SF may as well redo many of the ideas. But the fear is that GG straight up abandons features like they did in Killzone 3.

Sadly, I have to assume that Shadow Fall's target goal is already established, and there's only so much we can dream of demanding from GG.

I just really, REALLY want the single player to hit what I consider to be basic expectations, and will hope that the series will branch off into another genre, and want the MP to return to, and massively update the glory of Killzone 2.

Clinton514

Tired of hearing about the script. Do people expect ground soldiers to be reciting Shakespeare or something?

No memorable characters? Radec, Sev and Rico-the guy everyone loves to hate. And of course Visari.

The other points are good stuff you brought up.

Ivan

I guess it's too late for Shadow Fall changes now, but still - great thread.

You pretty much covered it all, so I'll just express my love for granades in killzone, they feel so good.

What I'd like to see improved is vertical FOV. Artistic decisions and all, but it's just too narrow.

I still want simple Killzone experience, but with improved physics, nextgen level of destructability, dialog and characters, and overall polish.

Too much exploration is not very good idea in a game that controls like this - it's too slow and weighty. To enjoy exploration and lot of looking around, I think I need a mouse freelook or that new Valve controller with a trackball.

Keeping great killzone aesthetics with EVERYTHING improved, not too much to ask. But I'll play it anyway, I love killzone. With a few changes, it could become spectacular.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
While I expect KZSF to be good I'm really not going to put too high of expectations on it, given that it's a launch title. I'm not expecting it to reinvent the FPS in any meaningful way but I would like to, and expect, for it to expand on several features that have been cropping up in various games recently and integrate them more fully.

Here's what I would like to see:
-Character/Loadout customization like in Mercenary. Would add a lot of replay value and satisfaction.
-Climbing being a free action, not scripted. Being able to climb and find new areas to flank from would make firefights much more dynamic and replayable. It would also go a long way in not making the game feel on rails like a lot of FPS campaigns tend to.
-Momentum, recoil, and enemy health from KZ2 combined with the responsiveness of KZ3
-Improved AI/Destruction/animation

I don't think this list is too unreasonable to expect from a launch game and would do a lot to set a precedent for more open, replayable, and dynamic campaigns for next gen.

i-Lo

Tired of hearing about the script. Do people expect ground soldiers to be reciting Shakespeare or something?

No memorable characters? Radec, Sev and Rico-the guy everyone loves to hate. And of course Visari.

Not Shakespeare, but not cliched, trite and crass remarks which come off as forced and sometimes, melodramatic either.

Pertaining to memorable characters, I only mentioned KZ3. In my OP, Radec has been shown apt respect and in my opinion, should have been the one to replace Visari or become his successor's right hand man. In KZ3, people who replaced him were bureaucrats whose actions were banal for the given circumstance. None of them were a "true champion" of the people like Visari was portrayed/portrayed himself and perhaps they did not need to be if the writing was better.

While I expect KZSF to be good I'm really not going to put too high of expectations on it, given that it's a launch title. I'm not expecting it to reinvent the FPS in any meaningful way but I would like to, and expect, for it to expand on several features that have been cropping up in various games recently and integrate them more fully.

Here's what I would like to see:
-Character/Loadout customization like in Mercenary. Would add a lot of replay value and satisfaction.
-Climbing being a free action, not scripted. Being able to climb and find new areas to flank from would make firefights much more dynamic and replayable. It would also go a long way in not making the game feel on rails like a lot of FPS campaigns tend to.
-Momentum, recoil, and enemy health from KZ2 combined with the responsiveness of KZ3
-Improved AI/Destruction/animation

I don't think this list is too unreasonable to expect from a launch game and would do a lot to set a precedent for more open, replayable, and dynamic campaigns for next gen.

I think Loadout customization will be in the game because it adds to the game (and hence franchise) on a functional level. Also special abilities (if the reveal trailer is anything to go by) will be integrated.

Pertaining to climbing, I think parts of it may rely on an ad hoc partner but overall, given what was said on Jimmy Fallon's show, free climbing (like in Crysis) ought to be a part of the game.

Sid

I'd like:
-No on rails sections
-Smooth MP frame rate
-KZ2 like environments
-A proper story and a decently sized campaign

Sure,PS4's hardware is a big leap over the PS3 so I hope the devs have their priorities straight.

A SP story based upon the lines of the OP could be glorious, coming up against human players during the campaign would be TRULY awesome.

I don't know what will happen with multiplayer modes....etc, but I really hope we are given the opportunity to chooses a faction and stick with it. Having loyalty to a faction enhances multiplayer gameplay IMO.

Mogwai

My biggest issue with the Killzone franchise is its cast. The characters are really not memorable at all. I remember Sev is the hero and that his douchebag friend is called Rico. But they are so damn one-dimensional.

I think that KZ3 did a lot of improvement for controls. But I still miss the identity in the characters.

What the fuck is a Shakespeare? ; )

I expect them to write a story that is powerful and compelling, yeah. A lot of people expected that of them after KZ2, something that went beyond the standard FPS fare. You have great war movies that combine action with intelligence and emotion, I don't think it's beyond the realms of games. They failed with KZ3. That only response that game elicited was anger at how shitty it was.

Radec was good, Rico was good, Sev was not memorable at all. The neutered Narville as a character and introduced the godawful Jammer and Stahl. Hit and miss.

Raide

They just need to make the MP supported by the masses. If they can come out before a Next-gen CoD, then they have a good chance of being the defacto FPS for a short amount of time. I always found the controls a little clunky and floaty, which may be the reason that not everyone loved it, especially when they see CoD being silky smooth and responsive.

The Killzone series could only ever really start to bring me back in again if it would offer big open scale battlefields. There are too many corridor shooters allready. Drop the cinematic pretense and go for individual user experience instead.

Next Gen should allow for much more personal experiences, let the game engine and physics take more and more care of the spectacle instead of pre scripted action sequences.

I think story wise they could introduce more civilian life into the depiction. Right now, Helghast seems like Nazi Planet were everyone is a soldier. which was fine for PS2 and PS3 narratives, but honestly, it's just getting ridiculous at this point.

I don't know if such themes are a fit for Killzone, as it seems the creators are perfectly fine to keep the military microcosm perspective (just like Call of Duty does) but I can't help but think that the series holds a bigger potential than that.

davious88

Banned
There is not one memorable character from Killzone. The most memorable character from Killzone is the enemy Helgast with their glowing eyes.

Stahl

I would love;
-More exploration
-Less corridor shooter
-More open world (wide-linear)
-Freedom of vehicle use

The Killzone series could only ever really start to bring me back in again if it would offer big open scale battlefields. There are too many corridor shooters allready. Drop the cinematic pretense and go for individual user experience instead.

Next Gen should allow for much more personal experiences, let the game engine and physics take more and more care of the spectacle instead of pre scripted action sequences.

I think story wise they could introduce more civilian life into the depiction. Right now, Helghast seems like Nazi Planet were everyone is a soldier. which was fine for PS2 and PS3 narratives, but honestly, it's just getting ridiculous at this point.

I don't know if such themes are a fit for Killzone, as it seems the creators are perfectly fine to keep the military microcosm perspective (just like Call of Duty does) but I can't help but think that the series holds a bigger potential than that.

That is weird you say that because you see a bunch of civilians cop it in that short segment of gameplay they showed.

That is weird you say that because you see a bunch of civilians cop it in that short segment of gameplay they showed.

Yeah no, what I meant was a worthwhile depiction, not a mere background element that serves as nothing more than Peach in Danger from Bowser and to help set the stage for the heroes and villains. That's hardly anything more than fascistoid wank material.

Show some Helghan civilians for example, show why they are pissed, why they would support such a fascist government. Show the conditions as to why the Helghan army is getting so many recruits...

Hell if we're at it, maybe even give soldiers on both sides a personality. Like have cowards, idiots, fanatical douchebags, racists, dumb, intelligent, naive personas, instead of fascist dream soldier with 5 variants of 30 something stubble design. Have soldiers despair, act irrational, heroic, collected etc, but don't script it. Let AI do the job dynamically as the combat unfolds. The designers could interfere on a Macro Scale, but let the user experience unfold dynamically and user manipulated on a micro scale.

With the increase in power it should be a top priority to enrich enemy and ally behaviour instead of using the same monotonous Space Invader behaviour that all enemy AI design has used so far.

The demo shown was unfortunately the same old same old. You know instantly how the game's going to play and the only real surprise is the graphic coating over an old and tired game design.

Right now my only interest in the game is to play it as a tech demo... that's hardly a compliment.

zoukka

I'm in favor of making it more like a real RPG and being able to explore that amazing city, even if it was the only location in the game, but I am not in favor of any online crap like the Souls games.

But it would be cool to play an actual RPG with actual FPS gameplay. Borderlands is one example but that game misses FPS mechanics and control that the best have and at the same time is more like a MMORPG in RPG mechanics and design than a normal RPG.

Killzone is like the last game on earth that would be converted to an RPG. Look at their budget already and look at what you get with that budget. Very narrow and tight locations. To somehow convert it to a big RPG enviroment would mean a complete overhaul of the asset pipeline.

My answer to OP's question: focus on creating a challenging AI and believable weapon physics. Like bullets piercing armor, walls etc. Their strength with this franchise is the tight firefighting so beef that up. Nothing in the SF trailer told me they had upgraded that area of the game which is very surprising.

JB1981

The game is most likely going to be a slam-bang action thrill ride that never lets off the throttle. I predict virtually none of the things in the OP happening

Change the Co-op from you and a friend to You vs. a Friend.

Have specific levels designed for you and friend can drop in ISA vs Helgast in a timed squad based battle of domination of territory. You are part of a 6 man squad and issueing orders ala Full Spectrum Warrior. And just like Full Spectrum Warrior you can switch to NPC(medic, engineer, tactician, saboteur, rifleman, assualt class) and fight from that vantage point.

It could be a great battle of wits you against a friend, you can set up a tournament and watch via spectate mode ect...

Wider FOV.
More open environments with multiple routes.
Wouldn't mind seeing the jetpack return.
Better story and characters.
Camara needs to be higher, I feel like I'm controlling a dwarf.
More enemy variety.

REV 09

They should focus on creating a memorable protagonist. KZ's identity has always been about the space nazi enemies. People want to identify with who they are playing as not against.

Yeah no, what I meant was a worthwhile depiction, not a mere background element that serves as nothing more than Peach in Danger from Bowser and to help set the stage for the heroes and villains. That's hardly anything more than fascistoid wank material.

Show some Helghan civilians for example, show why they are pissed, why they would support such a fascist government. Show the conditions as to why the Helghan army is getting so many recruits...

Hell if we're at it, maybe even give soldiers on both sides a personality. Like have cowards, idiots, fanatical douchebags, racists, dumb, intelligent, naive personas, instead of fascist dream soldier with 5 variants of 30 something stubble design. Have soldiers despair, act irrational, heroic, collected etc, but don't script it. Let AI do the job dynamically as the combat unfolds. The designers could interfere on a Macro Scale, but let the user experience unfold dynamically and user manipulated on a micro scale.

With the increase in power it should be a top priority to enrich enemy and ally behaviour instead of using the same monotonous Space Invader behaviour that all enemy AI design has used so far.

The demo shown was unfortunately the same old same old. You know instantly how the game's going to play and the only real surprise is the graphic coating over an old and tired game design.

Right now my only interest in the game is to play it as a tech demo... that's hardly a compliment.

I agree with you 100%. In fact I've written almost exactly the same thing about Killzone before. GG should be showing the whole spectrum of humanity, the whole gamut of human emotion, the strengths and weaknesses in their characters. It's something that's sadly missing in FPS games. Not sure the AI could handle it but they could at least have some soldiers surrendering or losing it.

Always imagined how KZ3 should have had a scene when they are escaping to the jungle where you enter a town and your vehicle breaks down. You get left behind and a crowd of civilians comes out and it slowly descends into a an uncontrollable situation where you have to fight for your life. Like one of your squadmates tries to placate them but the crowd just gets angrier, throwing things, then he gets angry and starts shouting racist abuse and finally gets killed by a civilian. Just ratchet up the tension.

Then while fleeing the mob you break into a family's house and there is a mother with a screaming child and the dad with a gun scared shitless defending his family and you have to deal with the situation before the mob hunts you down. Would be intense!

Cautiously hoping the civilians are more than just window dressing in KZ:SF but yeah, it'll probably be another lightweight treatment.

r3z0n

Neo Member
All these changes sound great and all, but I would prefer they keep them to a minimum. If they change it too much, it won't be Killzone anymore.

If they just make it more like Killzone 2 with better characters and story, I'll be happy.

i-Lo

The OP sounds way too out there, you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

I have no expectation of my idea or its derivative being integrated into the upcoming KZ. Rather it's an overview of ideas that can be introduced to the franchise so that it can provide a truly new experience. As such, (as per the OP) the idea can be integrated with any FPS that does not strictly adhere to total linearity and shooting.

Lunchbox

Banned
as long as it controls like that it will never achieve COD style success

the mainstream audience doesn't care about "feel" and "weight," they play a a sluggish muddy game and stop right there when there are shooters at 60 fps that play more smoother

The only positive aspect of killzone is the graphics. Hopefully the gameplay of shadow fall is different or its gonna just be another garbage game.

i-Lo

The only positive aspect of killzone is the graphics. Hopefully the gameplay of shadow fall is different or its gonna just be another garbage game.

I was hoping that comments like these won't show up. It really does not help to berate the game with such a blanket statement without stating:

• If you have actually played the game and which parts you thought needed improvement
  • What new additions can be made to the franchise

I agree with you 100%. In fact I've written almost exactly the same thing about Killzone before. GG should be showing the whole spectrum of humanity, the whole gamut of human emotion, the strengths and weaknesses in their characters. It's something that's sadly missing in FPS games. Not sure the AI could handle it but they could at least have some soldiers surrendering or losing it.

Always imagined how KZ3 should have had a scene when they are escaping to the jungle where you enter a town and your vehicle breaks down. You get left behind and a crowd of civilians comes out and it slowly descends into a an uncontrollable situation where you have to fight for your life. Like one of your squadmates tries to placate them but the crowd just gets angrier, throwing things, then he gets angry and starts shouting racist abuse and finally gets killed by a civilian. Just ratchet up the tension.

Then while fleeing the mob you break into a family's house and there is a mother with a screaming child and the dad with a gun scared shitless defending his family and you have to deal with the situation before the mob hunts you down. Would be intense!

Cautiously hoping the civilians are more than just window dressing in KZ:SF but yeah, it'll probably be another lightweight treatment.

With all the big talk about the PS4 hardware finally allowing developers to pursue their creative visions fully, I for one would rather see them make game characters more interesting instead of just improving the graphical fidelity.

FPS games have really declined in the past years, and it certainly wasn't hardware power related. The focus was too much on making a fascists wet dream story playable rather than to advance. It's allways focused on some male warrior doing combat with equally fascistoid enemies. There is no ambiguity, no depth. It's just perpetual warfare with no sense of purpose other than "they be evil, we be forced to become evil as well"

I don't expect them to make an interactive "Im Westen nichts neues" or "Thin Red Line" but at least try to innovate on the AI and scenarios. Your examples are great, and they should really expand on that. Show conflict as a human tragedy, not some glorified warrior pathos that would make Mussolini proud.

What I would really love to see is using the fast Ram and Multicore CPU to do all of this dynamically. Like the scene you described with breaking into a family house while being hunted, make the AI inside and outside the house dynamic, give them motivations, personality traits, so that gamers themselves can create unique gameplay experiences.

Right now the only variation in gameplay have to be created by developers, and as such are forced and mostly not in line with what people would do if they weren't forced into it.

Next gen should really rather focus on this aspect to deliver a deeper more engaging experience.

Too bad most people like Cage seem to believe that with simply adding detail you're automatically delivering better expression and depth, so I'm not holding my breath for videogame design to actually mature in the coming years.

Varth

My hopes:

More immediate bullet/enemy response (RE4 is still the game that does this best)
Less artitrary enviromental limits
Story that taps into the amazing Gund:coff: Killzone lore.
An actual script
Interesting boss fights

And finally, some long term interest to the MP. KZ2 and 3 are among the funniest MP experiences this gen for me, but as soon as you had all classes/perks you had no real incentive to go on. Sonething like the Crysis 3 challenges would be perfect. Also, MAG's perk system to have a really customized soldier would be great. Some bigger, BF3-like maps with vehicles wouldn't hurt, too.

Truth be told they already have their hands full with just bringing it to a new console. Sony wants this to be the PS4's first graphical showcase and that's a lot of pressure. I doubt there will be much time to implement some of the more profound changes we are asking for here. Expect more of the same with better graphics.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Truth be told they already have their hands full with just bringing it to a new console. Sony wants this to be the PS4's first graphical showcase and that's a lot of pressure. I doubt there will be much time to implement some of the more profound changes we are asking for here. Expect more of the same with better graphics.

PS4 is much easier to build an engine on than PS3 was and Guerrilla is pretty damn good at that side of things. Almost everything I asked for is stuff that they've either hinted at or is going to be in the Vita Killzone. They also have an extra 6+ months more than they did for KZ3.

I was hoping that comments like these won't show up. It really does not help to berate the game with such a blanket statement without stating:

• If you have actually played the game and which parts you thought needed improvement
  • What new additions can be made to the franchise
Yes I only played killzone 2 but I took it back within a week cause I disliked it so much. Gameplay felt super slow characters weren't interesting to me. Of course it's just my opinion but the guns were not fun multiplayer was a lag fest but that didn't matter to me cause the gameplay was bad in my opinion. IMO it is the worst first party series on the ps3. I wish they would start over with some completely new shooter in order to compete with the Xbox shooters mainly halo. It's blunt I know but it's just my opinion if you love the games just keep enjoying them. I personally thought the game was sub par in just about every way you can criticize the game. I actually took off the week killzone 2 came out and put about 8 hours into the sp and mp before I took it back. Oh and I thought the animations were pretty fluid so that's a plus. Seriously though I wish they could start fresh cause their art and graphics were great but gunplay and variety are important in shooters and it lacked in those key areas. The shadow fall demo showed these shortcomings to me so I am probably not going to like it.

CREMSteve

Bring the class-based gameplay into the single player, and introduce coop.

Let me play through the campaign as a Scout, or an Engineer, or whatever classes they have now, while my mates do the same.

i-Lo

PS4 is much easier to build an engine on than PS3 was and Guerrilla is pretty damn good at that side of things. Almost everything I asked for is stuff that they've either hinted at or is going to be in the Vita Killzone. They also have an extra 6+ months more than they did for KZ3.

This is true. However, given that the game may well be past its conceptualizing of functions and story related task, what we are discussing, especially the more revolutionary ideas, will in all likelihood not occur. That is why, while KZ4 may present us with a graphical leap with updated physics engine, collision etc it will be hard for me to call it a next gen game if it does not do more on functional or narrative level.

Plus, the idea of MP elements in SP while is "out there" as is prescribed in OP, it may have been possible this gen as well. It would mean that infrastructure for such a function or its implementation is either too hard or too expensive at the moment. However, given what Journey, Burnout Paradise and DS, DS :) achieved, it shows that games are evolving to integrate fundamental changes that blur the line between its different facets or functions.

A.R.K

Wider FOV.

I really hope so they get rid of the narrow claustrophobic FOV used in the previous KZ games. Something close to BF3 on PS3 would be a good start.

Do you guys think, they have increased the FOV in KZ:SF judging from the demo?

i-Lo

Bumping for more meaningful inputs from you all.

Bring the class-based gameplay into the single player, and introduce coop.

Let me play through the campaign as a Scout, or an Engineer, or whatever classes they have now, while my mates do the same.

Given what we saw in the trailer, I think that is highly possible. It may be akin to Deus Ex's levelling up system.

I really hope so they get rid of the narrow claustrophobic FOV used in the previous KZ games. Something close to BF3 on PS3 would be a good start.

Do you guys think, they have increased the FOV in KZ:SF judging from the demo?

Was it that bad? BF3's FoV seems about 5-10 degrees wider. As for your question, it did not look like SF's FoV is significantly wider however.

Multiplayer needs to be like KZ2 as has been said so many times. Tackle the presentation problem, the lore in KZ is really interesting, yet the presentation is so mediocre.

They could start by making the campaign actually fun, and cut out the majority of the eight hours of cut-scenes I'm forced to watch. The graphics aren't enough for me anymore. I bought killzone 2 and 3 mainly for the visuals, if 4 is more of the same I'll probably pass.

Give me a fully developed co-op campaign in which the settings and missions are built around being tackled by several different classes at the same time. Basic battlefield grind for the assault class, but with alternate routes and objectives for a stealth/assassin class. Same level, same end, different objectives throughout.

That would interest me. This shooter that they are showing off, not so interesting.

Top Bottom