• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Killer Instinct vs. Street Fighter V: The best First party backed fighting console exclusive?

Best Home Console Fighting Game exclusive backed by first parties?

• Total voters
I can actually make out what's happening in SFV so, uh, that one.

Plus the sexy ladies:

tumblr_pflyuqsI4a1vsd2dt_1280.jpg

tumblr_pflyusP8801vsd2dt_1280.jpg

tumblr_pflyuv0Su61vsd2dt_1280.jpg

Best bods in a fighting game, bar none.

Oh and the animations are really good. But the netcode is TERRIBLE and someone's forcing Capcom at gunpoint to keep Rashid top-tier.

We don't live in a reality where a free to play sku doesn't also exist alongside it, which alters customer behavior significantly.

This isn't hard.

Which doesn't matter if one retail sales is/was higher than the other. Making your point completely void.

You don't have an argument here, you're grasping for straws based on an assumption you have no data on.

lock2k

Banned
Don't know about the games.... haven't played both of them in a long time, but the KI soundtrack fucking stomps whatever the fuck Capcom is doing nowadays. SF soundtracks used to be so awesome and vivid and now they are just generic bullshit.

Also, fuck this thread title for making me have a small heart attack and think that they would do some sort of crossover. :messenger_beaming: :messenger_beaming:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Making your point completely void.

You don't have an argument here,
You don't even know what my point is. All I've been doing is stating true observations about the games.

Hard to compare since KI is free to play,
This is true.
it does/did have more concurrent players than SF5.
This is also true.

You can't compare sales in an apples to apples way
This is true because F2P downloads + retail sales of KI vs. retail sales of SF5 is not an apples to apples comparison.
You can compare Retail sales.
Not in any meaningful way without access to a lot more data.

Just comparing retail sales doesn't tell the whole story because that's leaving out all of the F2P downloads which comprises a significant portion of the game's history.

VertigoOA

Banned
The only thing that’s great about Killer Instict is the soundtrack...

And with that said... SF2 still outdoes it there too... because the original SF2 soundtrack is still the greatest of all time.

Now that I've replayed the Story mode, which is very short, I wonder what the plot of SF6 could even be? SFV was supposed to be an online only tournament fighters so maybe they'll try that again because there really isn't anywhere for the story to go. Unless, they reboot Street Fighter 1, which would be a good idea because it wasn't very good.

yurinka

Now that I've replayed the Story mode, which is very short, I wonder what the plot of SF6 could even be? SFV was supposed to be an online only tournament fighters so maybe they'll try that again because there really isn't anywhere for the story to go. Unless, they reboot Street Fighter 1, which would be a good idea because it wasn't very good.
In addition to the main story SFV also has the character story prologues and the arcade mode (with several paths, being one of them the SFV one and SFI another one). To complete all this isn't short.

They never said SFV was going to be online only, they said that they'd keep adding content like new characters or game modes as they did. They even specified at launch that a cinematic story mode was one of the things coming during the first season.

Regarding the SFVI story, SFIV and SFV completed the bridge between SFII and SFIII. I assume SFVI story will be after SFIII, and that will also feature an arcade mode like SFV (maybe even an more complete version) where you can play remade SFI, SFA, SFII, SFIII, SFIV and SFV arcade modes.

Last edited:

IKSTUGA

SF5 easily, even though it's the worst game in the series since number 1. KI looks and feels just awful. I haven't played a western fighter I've liked.

JLB

Banned
KI is awesome, but SF catch up after release. I'd give my vote to KI but just because I really like the combo mechanic. In any case both are great.

In addition to the main story SFV also has the character story prologues and the arcade mode (with several paths, being one of them the SFV one and SFI another one). To complete all this isn't short.

They never said SFV was going to be online only, they said that they'd keep adding content like new characters or game modes as they did. They even specified at launch that a cinematic story mode was one of the things coming during the first season.

They said early that SFV was going to be a competitive game focused on tournaments like EVO. SP was only mentioned as an update after the backlash around launch and was rushed at that.

yurinka

They said early that SFV was going to be a competitive game focused on tournaments like EVO. SP was only mentioned as an update after the backlash around launch and was rushed at that.
The original release in February, 2016 featured single player game modes like Survival Mode, Trials, training or Character Story prologues. At launch, when mentioning their post launch season 1 plans then they announced that over time they would add additional game modes including a big cinematic story mode that was going to be released in June, 2016. They were added that year in addition to more stuff.

What wasn't known at launch was if or when they were going to add a traditional arcade mode, which was added for free in January 2018 Street Fighter V Arcade Edition update, that also included additional stuff like the Extra Battle.

The original release in February, 2016 featured single player game modes like Survival Mode, Trials, training or Character Story prologues. At launch, when mentioning their post launch season 1 plans then they announced that over time they would add additional game modes including a big cinematic story mode that was going to be released in June, 2016. They were added that year in addition to more stuff.

What wasn't known at launch was if or when they were going to add a traditional arcade mode, which was added for free in January 2018 Street Fighter V Arcade Edition update, that also included additional stuff like the Extra Battle.

Don't do this, you know what I meant when I said SP, you even had the context in your earlier post.

You also didn't add anything of substance, I said BEFORE launch that they said it would be an online/tourney focused game, they didn't promise more modes until around launch. The Story mode SP issue had backlash for some time before they promised it later, and still got backlash but at least it came. That clearly wan't the plan originally.

hunthunt

Banned
I love these pools, just like the Gran Turismo vs Forza.

Next time we will learn that State of Decay 2 was better than The Last of us and Crackdown had better mechanics than God of War 4

Top Bottom