• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Feige interview, No Fantastic Four in MCU in the future

Link.

It's pretty long so here are two quotes:
Do you have an idea of what the MCU looks like post Infinity War?

FEIGE: We have an idea yes, and it’s going to be very different.

There are many actors whose contracts run out with Infinity War: Part 2, or Infinity War. How much are the actors’ contracts running out figuring into what you want to do with these characters because the fact is people, in my opinion, have to die in Infinity War, or someone’s going to die or people could die to make the stakes that strong with Thanos, and make it feel really deep. So, I guess how is that sort of factoring in with contracts? Is that factoring in at all?

FEIGE: We’ve been lucky that it hasn’t factored in too much. We’ve had people under contract for certain films. Then, we’ve had new ideas and new directions, like Civil War, that we wanted to do, and we’ve been lucky enough to make new contracts. Or Spider-Man: Homecoming, the cast has been awesome in their enthusiasm for the direction of the storylines that we’ve been telling. So, it really does right now all start with where we want to take the stories, and certainly as we get to Infinity War there’s a sense of a climax and if not a conclusion to, by the time we’re at Untitled, the 22 movies that will have encompassed the first three phases of the MCU. And what happens after that will be very different. I don’t know if it’s phase four. It might be a new thing.

Is there any sort of thaw or talk between you guys and Fox so we can get Fantastic Four, or have you guys been working on Fantastic Four with them?

FEIGE: No, but I would say there’s not like there’s anything frozen that there needs to be a thaw. There’s no weirdness. It is just very very cut and dry, and they’re doing their thing, and they’re doing it quite well in most regards, and we’re doing our thing.

caliph95

FEIGE: No, but I would say there’s not like there’s anything frozen that there needs to be a thaw. There’s no weirdness. It is just very very cut and dry, and they’re doing their thing, and they’re doing it quite well in most regards, and we’re doing our thing.
In what regards

- J - D -

Of course not, they don't rank like Spider-Man. Man, I would sacrifice Spider-Man Homecoming for the Fantastic Four to be brought into the MCU.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Well the current line up of the F4 is shite so I'm glad of that.
It's the worst superhero movie I've seen in years.

opricnik

Banned
I wouldnt be surprised to see if Fox trying to make A R-Rated Fantastic Four movie after success of Deadpool and Logan

jetsetrez

I just want Galactus and Dr Doom in the MCU. It would be amazing to have the X-Men as well, but I think that would be too much to manage.

I wouldn't be surprised if Feige is relieved that they don't have to figure out how to incorporate F4 and the X-Men into their universe.

He said no Fantastic Four.

He didn't say no Galactus or Silver Surfer.

giphy.gif

RedHill

Banned
I saw an idea for MCU F4 on Reddit about the team leaving into space in the 60s and returning unaged with their abilities in present day. I'd love to see that.

opricnik

Banned
I saw an idea for MCU F4 on Reddit about the team leaving into space in the 60s and returning unaged with their abilities in present day. I'd love to see that.

I always wanted them to come from Tony Stark funding in Civil War(go break eggs as you like)

it would be nice , in a perfect world.

I feel like after Thanos. The only real big baddies in the Marvel universe are Kang, Dr.Doom, Annhilus, the Skrull empire, and Galactus but they would have to make a deal with Fox to use them.

On a human level there's also Norman Osborne and The masters of evil but I don't know if they'll even bother with Osborne because of the Sony deal and they already fucking ruined Zemo so masters of evil is kind of out the door.

Only character left after that is Red Skull who I really hope they bring back because he's probably the strongest and most fleshed out MCU villain outside of Loki.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Doom is all I need please. You can keep stretchy dude, rock man, fire boy and see through girl.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm, like, 100% sure we'll see Doom at one point in the MCU. There's absolutely no way a Spider-Man deal was made but the single best Marvel villain will never appear.

No way.

Sojgat

I feel like after Thanos. The only real big baddies in the Marvel universe are Kang, Dr.Doom, Annhilus, the Skrull empire, and Galactus but they would have to make a deal with Fox to use them.

On a human level there's also Norman Osborne and The masters of evil but I don't know if they'll even bother with Osborne because of the Sony deal and they already fucking ruined Zemo so masters of evil is kind of out the door.

Only character left after that is Red Skull who I really hope they bring back because he's probably the strongest and most fleshed out MCU villain outside of Loki.

Oh, they've got tons of options:

- The Beyonder could have all the heroes fight each other more.
- M.O.D.O.K. could be just some random soldier dude.
- Taskmaster would make a great character to set up for an entire movie and them kill off before he does anything.
- Maestro or the High Evolutionary would make great chair sitting replacements for Thanos.

Shit, they could really splash out on the rights for Fu Manchu and make him a white guy in a business suit.

Lace

I know there are a lot of fans of the comic series but coming from a normal movie goer Fantastic Four is synonymous with box office poison. Tear out the villains but leave the heros far away from Marvel's universe.

I've loved some of the stuff Fox has done with their Xmen universe, moreso than anything mcu really. despite its inconsistent quality among the entire franchise.

but F4 they just keep shitting up. 3 strikes now. Like god damn, its not even easy money for them, nobody wants to see their f4 movies. It would be nice if they sold F4 and Doom back to marvel. or at least get a clue about what to do with this property.

also this is a pipedream but Clooney as Reed Richards would be so good. And instead of this goofy lighthearted garbage of the first two movies or that generic 'Chronicle-lite' of the reboot it should be a story about rival geniuses driven by ambition and power.

opricnik

Banned
I've loved some of the stuff Fox has done with their Xmen universe, moreso than anything mcu really. despite its inconsistent quality among the entire franchise.

but F4 they just keep shitting up. 3 strikes now. Like god damn, its not even easy money for them, nobody wants to see their f4 movies. It would be nice if they sold F4 and Doom back to marvel. or at least get a clue about what to do with this property.

also this is a pipedream but Clooney as Reed Richards would be so good. And instead of this goofy lighthearted garbage of the first two movies or that generic 'Chronicle-lite' of the reboot it should be a story about rival geniuses driven by ambition and power.

2005 movie was made money though 100M budget and 330M total gross isnt that bad at all

SpaceWolf

Banned
Is there any sort of thaw or talk between you guys and Fox so we can get Fantastic Four, or have you guys been working on Fantastic Four with them?

FEIGE: No, but I would say there’s not like there’s anything frozen that there needs to be a thaw. There’s no weirdness. It is just very very cut and dry, and they’re doing their thing, and they’re doing it quite well in most regards

giphy.gif

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
It actually makes me sad that people are willing to toss out the family for doom in this case. Doom is nice, but I would love to see the family done right on the big screen fighting someone like the impossible man.

Liamario

Banned
The only way Fox are going to keep the FF license is by incorporating the team into the x-men universe that they're recreating. Perhaps the contract requires them to make a stand alone movie, but if it doesn't they can hold on to the rights very easily.

Sesha

Eh. Aside from Doom, Kl'rt, Annihilus, and Kang, I have no interest in the F4. Marvel has so many characters they could use so, other than getting an Annihilation adaption instead of a gutted version like we're getting with Planet Hulk, I can't think of a reason to care even the slightest about the Fantastic Four. I hope their fans get the movie(s) they want and deserve, but I'm in the same boat with so many characters, including my all-time favorites.

We could hope that Marvel tried to snatch some of the villains away from Fox, but considering how Marvel has handled villains like Ronan, Ultron, Zemo, Strucker, Malekith and probably more in the future, it's hard to get excited about that idea.

Obviously he's not going to say he wants them back from Fox, since that's just going to drive up Fox's demands from Disney if (or when) they finally decide to give them up or sell the rights. He's just going to wait patiently until it happens.

Naww, there's tons of options.

Beyonder, Magus, and Dormammu all come to mind as potential massive Thanos-level threats.

On top of that you have characters like Baron Zemo, the Masters of Evil, Korvac, MODOK, Taskmaster, the Kree, the Skrulls (because Marvel CAN use them),etc. They could pull a World War Hulk. They could bring back Ultron as a cosmic villain. They could pull some Secret Empire insanity. And that's not getting into what they have access to with the Spider-Man rights if they can keep the deals made (Norman Osborn opens up a ton of possibilities). We could finally get that REAL Mandarin after the tease that there WAS a real Mandarin.

Marvel has plenty of great villains, they just need to stop killing the good ones (see Red Skull and Ultron) off. And even then, those two could technically still come back from an asspull.

And god help us if they get crazy enough to open up the Cancerverse or do a Marvel Zombies crossover (though I guarantee they aren't crazy enough to do either).

Top Bottom