• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Feige Confirms That Miles Morales Exists Somewhere in the MCU

Brakke

Banned
People are angry that the interview mentions a name drop? Spoiler culture is out of control. If something that small sets you off, why are you clicking on a Spider-Man thread in the first place? Haha.

The interview actually "reveals" the *lack* of a name drop.

ZeoVGM

Banned
that has to be it, because it cant be the character. hell, hes not even the best black spider man, because spider punk has him beat in that department

Nope. It's the character.

It's fine that you don't like him. Just don't tell others why they do because it bothers you.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Nope. It's the character.

It's fine that you don't like him. Just don't tell others why they do because it bothers you.

i want to like him. but hes dishwater. and hes been around far too long to be such a way

I've never understood people's obsession with spoilers. What's interesting to me is how tales are told. That I know a few details going in is /shrug

I have a friend who is so obsessed with spoilers he would literally pause the news on election nights if he had to do something so that he wouldn't miss a single bit. He got pissed the moment I even mentioned "Rogue One" one time.

LionPride

Banned
What does Miles as a character have going for him? Cause I have no reason to care about him personally beyond the fact he looks like me

I can confirm that BronsonLee is in Spider-Man: Homecoming as...

The Wall.
wallspideysuperstories1.jpg

Being a sad puppy is not having a personality. If you going to wear the spider, you got to have some flavor. I like Miles as an idea, but the execution has been lacking. He got good supporting characters

I'm not sure how all you get out of that was "sad puppy". There's enough to differentiate him from Peter. Hell, more than to the differences between Miguel and Kaine as the "angry Spider-Man".

Solid character. Good supporting cast. I know folks hate Bendis, but damn.

Slayven

I'm not sure how all you get out of that was "sad puppy". There's enough to differentiate him from Peter. Hell, more than to the differences between Miguel and Kaine as the "angry Spider-Man".

Solid character. Good supporting cast. I know folks hate Bendis, but damn.

I don't hate bendis, just that every time i read Miles he always has to be forced to man up. First by Spider Woman( made me realize that a Ultimate Spider Woman book could have bee great), then by his friend. I just wish the kid had more of a backbone. Put some bass in his voice.

None of those panels did anything but convince me that his character is boring

*shrug* Different strokes.

I don't hate bendis, just that every time i read Miles he always has to be forced to man up. First by Spider Woman( made me realize that a Ultimate Spider Woman book could have bee great), then by his friend. I just wish the kid had more of a backbone. Put some bass in his voice.

I understand wishing he was less "young Spider-Man" and just "Spider-Man". In that respect I think he'll get there, but he struggles with the hero shit in the same way Patriot did back in the day.

*does the peace sign to Patriot* I miss you, man.

Slayven

*shrug* Different strokes.

I understand wishing he was less "young Spider-Man" and just "Spider-Man". In that respect I think he'll get there, but he struggles with the hero shit in the same way Patriot did back in the day.

Not saying anything but noticed Patriot got zapped to the phantom zone right after him and Hawkingbird became a thing

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Done this so much, it gets tiring.

Here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=228622214&postcount=79

As I said there: you might not like him, but miss me with Miles not having a personality.

again, none of that gives me an idea of who miles is. if thats all there is to sum up what miles is about and hes been around for not only almost 6 years, but frontline all that time, then somethings gone terribly wrong. more characters have done more with less.

like i said in other threads, post secret wars, a good writer would have made miles into a must read like the transformation that captain falcon has went into, and im not even talking race related issues, because bendis is terrible at that. but miles being from another earth should have been used heavily in his stories instead of making him a team player.

DeathyBoy

Banned
again, none of that gives me an idea of who miles is. if thats all there is to sum up what miles is about and hes been around for not only almost 6 years, but frontline all that time, then somethings gone terribly wrong. more characters have done more with less.

I like Miles because dude is just flat out a good guy. It's refreshing. Like dude is gonna be the Nightwing of the Marvel universe someday - the guy everyone respects.

I like Miles because dude is just flat out a good guy. It's refreshing. Like dude is gonna be the Nightwing of the Marvel universe someday - the guy everyone respects.

Honestly, Para just going to hold onto his thing. Like I said, different strokes. Character doesn't reach him? It happens.

DeathyBoy

Banned
Honestly, Para just going to hold onto his thing. Like I said, different strokes. Character doesn't reach him? It happens.

I'm not even a gigantic Miles fan - shit was just based off what I recall. It's just weird in this day and age to have a flat out good character.

How does the Marvel-Sony rights issue come into play when dealing with Spider people that didn't exist at the time of the deal?

Anything under the Spider-Man umbrella is off limits to Marvel or can they make a Spider-Gwen movie so long as no other Sony owned characters appear in the film?

How does the Marvel-Sony rights issue come into play when dealing with Spider people that didn't exist at the time of the deal?

Anything under the Spider-Man umbrella is off limits to Marvel or can they make a Spider-Gwen movie so long as no other Sony owned characters appear in the film?

From what I understand, the bolded part is how the deal works. It's similar to X-23 belonging to Fox even though she was created after they got the movie rights.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
he whaaaat????? have been watching these for the first time, yesterday finished the 5th one, please tell me you are joking...
He's joking. It's just a dumb internet meme.
Spoilers for the last film so don't read until you've finished:

lol it's like ten years old at this point

Top Bottom