• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Feige Confirms That Miles Morales Exists Somewhere in the MCU

Dalek

Kevin Feige Confirms That Miles Morales Exists Somewhere in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

SPOILERS FOR HOMECOMING

Sony and Marvel are obviously all in on Peter Parker being the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s definitive Spider-Man. But according to Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige, a certain other webhead does, in fact, exist somewhere in the MCU.

In a recent interview with Screen Crush, Feige addressed how, during Spider-Man: Homecoming,
Donald Glover’s character Aaron Davis casually mentions his nephew—who, in Marvel’s comics, is Miles Morales. While Miles isn’t name checked in the film directly, Feige clarified that “anything that’s happened in the books” is fair game for Marvel to bring into MCU.

“In the meantime, I think Miles is a big part of the animated movie that Sony’s making,” Feige said. “But where we go... we definitely want you to go ‘[Miles] is there. He’s there somewhere.’”

ZeoVGM

Banned
Jesus Christ, seriously? I expected this to be a one-off Feige interview, not a spoiler for Homecoming.

Dalek

I guess the bolded words "SPOILERS FOR HOMECOMING" aren't enough. So I spoiler tagged parts of the interview.

Cuburt

Miles is everywhere.

There is a little Miles in all of us.

This film has been compared to the Ultimate Universe Spider-Man so it's not too surprising.

Brakke

Banned
Can someone who was sincerely upset but the "spoiler" here explain please what they think is a spoiler and why they are upset about it.

Cuburt

lol People must have saw the big spoiler warning, scrolled down with enough time to back out if they wanted, and instantly had buyers remorse but still chose to blame the OP.

LiK

This whole thread was a mistake. Poor use of spoiler warnings in thread title and and in OP. Not even sure what's going on here. I'm out.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just posting so I can be made aware when a mod changes the title to include Thanos.

Brakke

Banned
Does Thanos kill Goofy in this?

Jesus fuck I hate spoiler culture, no one even gave a shit about being spoiled until Snape Kills Dumbledore happened

Nah it's been around. I used to listen to Kumail Nanjiani's X Files podcast and he would go digging through old usenet posts and people were definitely yelling at eachout about spoilers on the internet back in the '90s.

People have been dumb for decades.

TDLink

How is Miles Morales being in the MCU, but not Homecoming, a spoiler for Homecoming?

Something not appearing is not a spoiler.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
lol People must have saw the big spoiler warning, scrolled down with enough time to back out if they wanted, and instantly had buyers remorse but still chose to blame the OP.

there was no spoiler warning nor bar when the OP went up

"buyers remorse" 😂

I'm actually chuckling in this case that people are complaining that unnamed foreshadowing/teasing counts as a spoiler.

Miles isn't in the movie. His name isn't even dropped. It's less than the War Machine tease in IM1. It's Amadeus Cho in Age of Ultron.

Dalek

there was no spoiler warning nor bar when the OP went up

"buyers remorse" 😂

There was a spoiler warning and a lot of white space. I went back and added the black bars.

I'm actually chuckling in this case that people are complaining that unnamed foreshadowing/teasing counts as a spoiler.

Miles isn't in the movie. His name isn't even dropped. It's less than the War Machine tease in IM1. It's Amadeus Cho in Age of Ultron.

I want to believe.

Top Bottom