• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kevin Conroy and his impact on the Arkham games and the Injustice games

Bragr

Banned
I know there is a thread in the off-topic, but I thought this belongs here too.

He was fantastic in the Arkham trilogy and in the Injustice games. He gave those games the authenticity of the character.

He's done some work on older Batman games too:

The Adventures of Batman & Robin (1994)
Batman Vengeance (2001)
Batman: Rise of Sin Tzu (2003)

But his video game legacy was cemented in 2009 with Arkham Asylum and onwards:

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Batman: Arkham City
Batman: Arkham Knight

Injustice: Gods Among Us
Injustice 2

He has also been Batman in the recent Multiversus and Lego DC Super-Villains.

He also did some roles in some other games, including Jak & Daxter: The Precursor Legacy (as the fisherman), and had 3 characters in Max Payne 2 (lord jack, cleaner, commando).

RIP.

batman-arkham-knight-screen.jpg

lefty1117

Gold Member
I guess I'm showing my age but I remember him more for his work on Batman the Animated series back in the early 90s. I think that's what established him and Mark Hamill in the roles and IMO a lot of Batman shows and games are derivative of that series (which in turn took a lot of cues from Batman 1989, including music).

Meicyn

Gold Member
His battle with cancer makes me wonder if that’s why he wasn’t cast to voice Batman in Gotham Knights.

Will miss him. His voice talents along with others involved in the Batman animated series were a key part of my childhood and why I’ve always preferred DC over Marvel.

SJRB

Gold Member
He also voiced Batman in DC Universe Online and he was awesome in it.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
He also voiced Batman in DC Universe Online and he was awesome in it.

Damn dude, good reminder. I might redownload the game and create a new tech character so I can replay Gotham. Haven’t really touched it since the launch on PS3 so long ago.

Top Bottom