• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kena: Bridge Of Spirits Presentation | Tribeca Games Spotlight 2021

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.

Preview:

VentureBeat hands-on (Played on PC):
Kena is colorful and can sometimes feel like playing a 3D animated film.
In combat, you attack enemies with a magic staff that can also turn into a bow. The Rot, however, make things interesting.
These are little creatures that follow you around and can help you in combat. While fighting, you can build up a meter that you can use to have the Rot do different commands.
They can bind an enemy, for example, giving you an opportunity to land a powerful attack. They can also activate a nearby plant, giving you a chance to heal yourself during combat.

Use the Rot outside of combat as while traveling, you’ll come across puzzles that your little friends can help you solve. You can order them to pick up a block and move it somewhere else, which gives Kena a bit of a delightful Pikmin vibe.
You can collect hats and equip them on each Rot sprite

Its clear inspirations from Zelda and other action-adventure games make it feel comfortably familiar.
If you look at Kena, you should already know if you’re interested. It is the magic adventure that the trailers sell it as. Kena is as good as it looks.

Source (thx to R reksveks )

QhNCIg0.gif
WAo42RS.gif
Sfm44FN.gif

Last edited:
Last edited:

G-Bus

Banned
Yea... I was excited for this but I know this isn't full price and with Sony trying to tac on an extra $10 for every next gen game but skipping doing that here and actually offering it cheaper.

Going to be short and mediocre imo. Have very low expectations here.

Last edited:

Mister Wolf

Doesn't look that impressive. I will probably support them anyway though since they're up and coming and I want them to succeed in the industry.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Super choppy.. what were people previewing on? Is it attempting 4k?

Does look pretty fun though.

Last edited:

Hunnybun

Doesn't look as good as Ratchet, but still clearly a step up from the latest Pixar films.

I'm still kinda baffled how pretty this is as a cross gen game by a tiny team. Guess it's just a really beautiful art style, but man it looks so good.

martino

i expected more especially on scope
but visuals are still up there and this ps2 adventure feeling is day one for me.

Last edited:

Orta

Banned
I've been in love with this game since it was revealed. The comparison to Tomb Raider in the above vids absolutely seals it for me. I'm not getting on release though, I like getting some a little bit special every Christmas so I'll hold off till then.

Bartski

Gold Member
ok previews look rather good. Combat should work, with enough furry puzzle variety looks should be a fun and relaxing game.

Top Bottom