• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Cold Boots In Less Than 2 Seconds On PlayStation 5

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
I hope load times are vastly improved in The Witcher 3 update. The main thing that has me turning it off after fighting difficult bosses, is the time it takes to load in. I'd gladly carry on trying and failing if it wasn't for that.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I hope load times are vastly improved in The Witcher 3 update. The main thing that has me turning it off after fighting difficult bosses, is the time it takes to load in. I'd gladly carry on trying and failing if it wasn't for that.
i was playing it right now on my 500 MBps SSD and it loads after a death within 5 seconds. cold boot is roughly 2 seconds to the main menu and another 5-6 seconds in game.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
i was playing it right now on my 500 MBps SSD and it loads after a death within 5 seconds. cold boot is roughly 2 seconds to the main menu and another 5-6 seconds in game.

Oh, that sound like good news then. I'm closing in on actually completing it for once. I've made two attempts in the past and took the opportunity to buy it again digitally recently when it was on sale. I'm looking forward to NG+ both on my PS4 and (hopefully, bank account willing) on my PS5!

BrentonB

How are you arriving at that figure? You're saying the difference is 3 seconds apart. How are you proving that?
Literally everything Microsoft has shown regarding load times. Even their Series S introduction video showed Outer Worlds taking 12 seconds and suspend/resume taking roughly four.

MrLove

Banned
Literally everything Microsoft has shown regarding load times. Even their Series S introduction video showed Outer Worlds taking 12 seconds and suspend/resume taking roughly four.
12 seconds for a last gen game. Remember, PS5 needs under a second. The storage architecture and IO of PS5 is much, much faster and its more like a next gen about XSX. But its not only for load times. We will see better assets on the PS5, no loss in quality at lod, less or removed pop ups. etc. A gamechanger.

Last edited:

BrentonB

12 seconds for a last gen game. Remember, PS5 needs under a second. The storage architecture and IO of PS5 is much, much faster and its more like a next gen about XSX. But its not only for load times. We will see better assets on the PS5, no loss in quality at lod, less or removed pop ups. etc. A gamechanger.
I agree that Playstation games will load and boot faster. On a different note, there is no 'last gen game' excuse with an SSD. All data on the drive is instantly accessible. There are no seek times. The difference is the console I/O. Is Microsoft going to put an 'Optimized for Loading' sticker on Series X|S game boxes now?

phil_t98

#SonyToo
What you said doesn't mean anything, the PS5 is able to fill its 16 GB RAM in 2 seconds, that's the time that games will take to boot up, less than 2 seconds, a little more than 2 seconds, it's in that ballpark.
how big is the game in question? file size

LED Guy?

Banned
Now someone named "Red Dragon" compared his SSD on his PC VS Xbox Series S in The Outer Worlds loading times, keep in mind, the video he is comparing against is "Inside Xbox Series S" so it is official, and also keep in mind that Xbox Series S SSD speed is the same SSD speed that Xbox Series X has, which is 2.4 GB/s.

OK, now, let's compare that VS Kena Bridge of Spirits, now I know, it's a different kind of comparison & all, and I know that the results on will be faster than what they’ve shown, don’t take this at face value, but man, that raw speed performance can’t be beaten still.

We can kinda paint a picture here & see that the PS5 is years ahead of its time compared to any tech on the market or Xbox Series X/S, reminds me of what Matt from ResetEra said about the PlayStation 5.

dSt5r1y.jpg

WZiJNYP.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom