• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kena: Bridge of Spirits Anniversary Update and Steam Release

ArcaneNLSC

Kena: Bridge of Spirits - Anniversary Update Additions​

• "New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters."
  • "Charmstones that are individually equipable - these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities."
  • "New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects."
  • "Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones."
  • "An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners."
Release date September 27th 2022

John Bilbo

Macaulay Culkin Yes GIF by filmeditor

Pejo

Oh nice! I will pick this up. I think I heard that the consensus was that it's an enjoyable but short game, is that accurate?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Oh nice! I will pick this up. I think I heard that the consensus was that it's an enjoyable but short game, is that accurate?
It's not too long and combat isn't very deep, but it's an enjoyable and charming game. Collecting and customizing your rot (the minions) with hats is fun.

yamaci17

• "New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters."
my dreams are fulfilled. finally i can take on the dead souls difficulty. thats the only achivement I've left for the game

Larxia

I'm always conflicted about steam releases of previously Epic exclusives.

If you buy the game when it finally comes to steam, I guess it sends the message that you're only willing to buy on Steam and don't want anything on Epic, but at the same time, it also sends the message that you are fine with games taking exclusivity deals and then buying them later once they're on Steam.

It's annoying. :messenger_weary:

Skifi28

If you buy the game when it finally comes to steam, I guess it sends the message that you're only willing to buy on Steam and don't want anything on Epic, but at the same time, it also sends the message that you are fine with games taking exclusivity deals and then buying them later once they're on Steam.

You're overthinking this. Just buy the games you want on the platforms you want and don't worry about sending messages that are as effective as online petitions.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™

I think it sends the message that people want to enjoy the game on Steam. Now you’re releasing at a later date, and will need to price it the same as the EGS during sales.
No idea what Epic paid, but Kena certainly lost visibility and likely sales by being Epic exclusive.

Belthazar

I'm very thankful for dropping the game on the early parts... This looks like it will make the game a lot more enjoyable, especially the Charmstones.

Belthazar

I really hope the Charmstones are rewards for exploration... It was really bothersome to have very little tangible rewards for going off the beaten path. Also, those hopefully balance the difficulty too, giving Kena a much needed boost against the enemies... The difficulty was kinda unfair at points

Quasicat

Bought it at launch, it was buggy as Hell…like when I respawned over a lake.

I’m sure it’s better now and I need to give it another shot…especially since I now can enjoy it on PS5.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Kena feels like a 2000s Xbox game or something. Nice fast loading engine, I was almost surprised there was no prolonged boot up/loading. Great art assets. Good concept. Token gimmick attempt with the rot. Not quite as great execution and some more amateur aspects like the menus, hud, some controls. It's neat, if skippable and forgettable. It runs maxed at easily 30fps with some slight stuttering here and there during new asset caching and what not, so that's pretty good for my aging PC (3770K/1080), it seems optimized.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I skipped it on ps5.
I kinda always wanted a physical version but it never went on good enough sale.... maybe on steam

Really enjoyed this game. I hope it did well enough to keep the studio going.

Give it a shot if you enjoyed PS2 platformers. Its challenging, but the checkpoints put you back at a reasonable spot. Except for maybe the last boss, but if you made it that far, you can deal with it. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom