• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KEANU REEVES will return to play Johnny Silverhand again in the CYBERPUNK 2077 Expansion, PHANTOM LIBERTY.

Sigh...

tYhV5nj.jpg

"Own the Xbox One X Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Bundle and step into the shoes of an urban mercenary equipped with cybernetic enhancements in a massive, ever-evolving open world. Enjoy a full-game digital download of Cyberpunk 2077 (available September 17, 2020), as well as the future first expansion release, on the 1TB limited edition console that uses textures, glowing elements, bright panels, and colour shift effects to capture the vibrant grit and technical enhancements of Night City. Get your hands on the Cyberpunk 2077 Limited Edition Wireless Controller featuring a half natural, half cyber-enhancement design and a 1-Month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate trial that includes Xbox Live Gold so you can play console online multiplayer with friends."

Joke is of course they are having to refund people the cost of the expansion now as its confirmed the console will be unable to run the expansion.

Lol forgot about that. Well they could either refund them ms bucks or possibly maybe most likely give a free code for the next gen expansion.

Lawsuit lmao.

Not sure we played the same game, because I found zero things of interest in the open world. It was all just a lot of uninteractive geometry with pointless npcs.
The funny thing is you just know that somewhere out there, someone is complaining that today's patch put in a completely optional mini-game and they'll be saying that the resources could have just gone into the main gameplay.

Not gonna lie: I´m hyped as fuck!

They hopefully learned their lesson and will deliver a 100% finished product. They need a homerun. The stock is still struggling and the media perception and attention will be through the roof. They have to be smart.
Good for you.

Vast majority have already moved on from this clusterfuck (myself included). There's no way they can drag me back in no matter what updates they put out. The base game is nowhere near what was sold to the public prior to launch and for some that stings too much.

Last edited:
Good for you.

Vast majority have already moved on from this clusterfuck (myself included). There's no way they can drag me back in no matter what updates they put out. The base game is nowhere near what was sold to the public prior to launch.
One of the nice things about not following the hype cycle on big AAA releases and being willing to just wait on playing games is that you never feel like this poster.

I built a new PC a few months and went into CP2077 nearly blind. If anything I had low expectations due to all the backlash. The game is incredible. It has a bunch of flaws of course, but the visuals and feel of the whole experience is just...a truly incredible interactive experience.

Also, I hope Keanu Reeves is as good a guy as I believe him to be. The world can never have enough good people.

JonSnowball

Good for you.

Vast majority have already moved on from this clusterfuck (myself included). There's no way they can drag me back in no matter what updates they put out. The base game is nowhere near what was sold to the public prior to launch and for some that stings too much.
Hi, I'm Hawking Radiation and I believe I speak for the majority! In fact, I feel the need to chime in on a topic I've got no interest in to do little more than discourage others who may be interested or anticipating certain content. I hope one day to fill the void in my heart in one way or another be it through engaging needlessly in discussion, or stuffing fried chicken into the entrance to the theater of shit that is my being. Thank you for listening!

Mahnmut

I also think it's one of the best games I've ever played. Had to chance to have a beefy PC when it launched so my experience was ideal.
It's crazy that this game is so divisive. I can totally understand that people who played on a PS4/Xbone were and are still pissed about what was delivered to them.
But if in the meantime you upgraded to a PS5 or a Series S/X, I suggest to give the game another shot.

Pallas

Not at all, I distinctly remember Bioware dropping support for lastgen and releasing Dragon Age 3 DLCs only on then new consoles.

Also, this is just CDP fixing their greatest mistake. Never should have launched on lastgen in the first place.

If there are any poor players on 2013 hardware who cannot even afford 300 buck Xbox SS, then there is always the 15 buck Geforce Now or Stadia option.
Also remembered Bungie dropping support for 360/PS3 with their last expansion for Destiny 1, Rise of Iron.

Tomeru

That phantom liberty gave me goosbumps! The way Johnny closed it was perfect. It will most certainly be epic. 🤓

Really liked the game, will paly again once all the DLC is out.

I like Keanu, but I don't think he was a good fit as Johnny.
That's what I'm doing.

When I started the game I was taking my time at first but ended up rushing through the main story so I know I missed a lot of stuff that's been in there since day 1. I think I last played just before patch 1.3 came out but I've been closely following the updates and it seems the game just keeps getting better.

I have far too many games to be playing right now so I'll wait on some more patches and the expansion coming out.

JayK47

It makes no sense to have Silverhand in this unless you picked a very specific ending to the main game.

For how long it has taken them to make this, I am assuming it will have a longer main story than the main game's 20 hours.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Absolutely love this - hope 1.6 doesn't break my 40 odd mod setup also lol.

Keanu coming back is awesome - that expansion looks hype!!

Side note: 100% the right decision leaving it on current gen only - about time.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
That must be a right good kick in the teeth for people who bought that lol.

The design itself is awesome, I really like it. I actually considered buying it at one point but decided to just play the game on PC.
The controller's pretty rad, though, I played the PC version with it.

I'm glad they're moving on from last gen, I think it's necessary. I wonder if the game will "relaunch" as a Director's Cut or something after the expansion is out, and if the game will finally get a critical reevaluation when it does.

Arsic

I’m hyped for the anime, updates, and expansion.

Going to run through the game as a street kid again.

I enjoyed it on release. Game was a 7.5/10 for me. It has plenty of issues but what’s good is really good and fun. I have largely forgotten the game aside from the awful endings I had unlocked. Hoping this go around I’ll get something less shitty.

Top Bottom