• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaz Yamauchi about the Gran Turismo future: "4K is enough, but 240fps is the target

Woodchipper

Oh just shut up and go play Forza Horizon if you don't like GT Sport. I can tell you it's one of the best (if not just outright the best) racers this gen.

The slides you are talking about actually make the game feel more special than most. It's oozing atmosphere, it makes me want to play more of the game. It's dripping with love for racing, and the multiplayer they have built has changed the online racing world. In fact, it has changed the online gaming world even.

Also, the single player is really good. Lots od variety and challenge to be found.

And if you don't think the next GT will be cutting edge with graphics you're a fool. They have always pushed the visuals every gen. There's a reason TV's in showrooms run GT Sport. Because it looks THAT good.

It won't do 240fps. It's what Kaz eventually wants. But if there is someone with vision and determination in the gaming business, it's him. And the sales numbers keep reflecting that he's very right and most of you have no idea what actually sells games.
Lol, I’ve never touched a Forza game. I love GT, always have, but why should that stop me from criticizing it’s flaws? That’s fanboyism.

Last edited:

phil_t98

#SonyToo
Lol. I’ve never touched a Forza game. I love GT, always have, but why should that stop me from criticizing it’s flaws? That’s fanboyism.
because how can you know its flaws without playing it? I wouldn't let anybody criticise GT if they hadn't played it

Woodchipper

because how can you know its flaws without playing it? I wouldn't let anybody criticise GT if they hadn't played it
I’ve played every GT except the PSP game. Did you just read what I said? I LOVE GT! Can’t I be concerned about something I love?!

waxer

I had never thought about framerate vs speed. How far do you travel when you blink doing 400km/h? A higher framerate will mean more control if they push how fast the cars move(make sense of speed greater)

Pretty cool they pushing gameplay over graphics. Not many devs willing to do that

UnravelKatharsis

Gold Member
Isn’t GT graphics one of its selling points though?

Eh I dunno. At one point maybe but when they went to recycled ps2 models and "premium cars" in the same game that ended for me. At this point I'm struggling to actually figure out what I personally like about the game. It's not the graphics, I'm not a sim junkie so it's not that. It's not the audio, I've owned enough cars that were in the game to know how incorrect that aspect can be.

I do like the game somewhat but i like racers in general. I honestly cant pinpoint a singular aspect of the game that makes me want it.

I hate the camera. I tend to use the behind the car view and it's like the camera is attached to a rigid invisible pole that's welded to the bumper. I hate it. I love cameras like in need for speed that allow the car to move left and right inside its field of view.

Long winded way of saying; why do like GT? Well I dont really know anymore, but it's not the graphics. Maybe its cause it's the car version of pokemon?

DS_Joost

Lol, I’ve never touched a Forza game. I love GT, always have, but why should that stop me from criticizing it’s flaws? That’s fanboyism.

I was reacting to your comment about GT going straight to hell, which is something I've heard so many times it feels like people are just parotting each other instead of actually knowing what they talk about.

GT isn't perfect. GT5 and 6 were greatly flawed, compared to previous offerings. I feel GT Sport makes up for that completely though.

Is it perfect? No. Do some things have to be made better? Yes. Do Polyphony and Kaz sometimes make seemingly baffling decisions. Sure.

Is it going straight to hell?

Hell naw. It's the best it's ever been right now. And it still sells like hotcakes too.

Top Bottom