• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Katsuhiro Harada becomes the eSports boss for fighting games at BANDAI NAMCO.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sqoqtu

To everyone in the "DRAGON BALL FighterZ", "TEKKEN", and "SoulCalibur" community.

I wanted to notify everyone that I have become the leader and supervisor of the BANDAI NAMCO Fighting Game eSports Strategy team today (Of course, I'll continue producing the game as well).
And first I would like to express my sincere gratitude to everyone who held and/or participated in various tournaments this year.

We at BANDAI NAMCO are committed to expand the horizons of both tournament and community scenes of these 3 franchises.
We are already planning to have as many official tournaments as possible for next year—while continue supporting tournaments held by the community.

Furthermore, we are dedicated to figure out ways where we can assist tournaments and community activities in the future.

If you have any questions or inquiries about holding or participating in a tournament in your area, please contact the local BANDAI NAMCO office in your respective region.
(※The conditions and languages might differ between areas, so contacting your local BANDAI NAMCO offices is highly recommended.)

We will continue to bring you the ultimate experience through BANDAI NAMCO Fighting Games next year.

Thank you.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ugh. When fighting games go esports, any hope of decent single-player modes for people who give zero fucks about vs competitive modes goes flying right out the window. Unfortunately, companies see all the money games like League and DOTA are making and chase after it without bothering to check if their own properties have enough rabid followers to pull that off. Did SFV even break even with all of the costumes, stages, seasons passes, and now optional obnoxious in-game advertising? The game certainly under-performed out of the gate.

Dante83

Banned
As long as other aspects such as presentation, music and aesthetics are not affected, I am not worried. Namco always had them in spades unlike capcom. namco had always gave their all in all areas, and their tekken/SC games have good presentation and looks good.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Harada, as a producer does not know how to remove the unecessary baggage a game carries, he can only add and add until the end result is ridiculous.

I am pessimist.

Whats up with the negative tone of the replies? Jesus, talk about cynicism.......fighting games are in their golden era at the moment with the exception of SFV and MvC. Im personally excited for the fighting genre to continue to next gen!

Last edited:
Top Bottom