• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West changes name to just Ye

killatopak

A Los Angeles judge granted the rapper's name change request, a communications officer at the Los Angeles Superior Court confirmed.
The 44-year-old star filed the request in August, citing "personal reasons."

Shortly after the album's release, he tweeted: "The being formally known as Kanye West. I am YE."

"I believe 'ye' is the most commonly used word in the Bible, and in the Bible it means you. So it's I'm you, I'm us, it's us," he said in a 2018 interview with radio host Big Boy.

"It went from being Kanye, which means the only one, to just Ye being a reflection of our good, our bad, our confused, our everything."

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-58965500

Purple Rain Prince GIF by mtv
Prince GIF by MOODMAN
Purple Rain Prince GIF by mtv

Tschumi

What is it supposed to mean? Anyway listened to enough of his music to know that it means? It's not a connection of Jehovah or something similarly nauseating, is it?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
He was rapping about giving up his last name on “Slave name” and “Selah” from the unreleased album Yandhi few years ago.

Good for him, I can only imagine how degrading carrying a last name after your slave master must be.

Wildebeest

The most commonly used word in English is "the". In old printed texts, such as the Bible, it was often printed as "ye" although always pronounced "the". The reason for this is that English had a separate character for the "th" sound which looked a lot like a "y" but they didn't have the ability to print it.

Top Bottom