• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Justin Roiland (Rick & Morty, Squanch Games) Lawsuit Is Dismissed, He Lashes Back At 'Canceling'

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
He's still a weirdo for talking to underage girls
I think Chris Rock said it best, that a man is only as faithful as his options. It can be twisted to fit this scenario. Maybe he didn’t have luck with girls when he was younger. And now that he has fame, some girls are probably throwing themselves at him and he doesn’t know how to react.

I’m not making excuses for his behavior. I’m just saying, being rich and famous likely fucks with your head in more ways than just one. I love my wife, but if I got rich and started getting hit on by girls and stuff, 20 years younger (I’m 39), I can’t say for certainty that my marriage would last the temptation.

It’s easy for people to throw stones. And cancel culture is fucking retarded because it seems like it’s wrong most of the time, yet the damage is already done.

down 2 orth

Guys, I know a good website where we can all do our part and try to end this guy's career.

Here's the URL, it's: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

pauljeremiah

Gold Member
Guys, I know a good website where we can all do our part and try to end this guy's career.

Here's the URL, it's: REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
The same websites who boycott of Howarts Legacy stopped it from being a success?

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I think Chris Rock said it best, that a man is only as faithful as his options. It can be twisted to fit this scenario. Maybe he didn’t have luck with girls when he was younger. And now that he has fame, some girls are probably throwing themselves at him and he doesn’t know how to react.

I would start by filtering out these women that are - checks notes - underage. I'm not sure how complicated a lift that is in his new "go-go-go" social life, but I would at least start there.

Also this:

I’m not making excuses for his behavior. I’m just saying, being rich and famous likely fucks with your head in more ways than just one. I love my wife, but if I got rich and started getting hit on by girls and stuff, 20 years younger (I’m 39), I can’t say for certainty that my marriage would last the temptation.

It’s easy for people to throw stones. And cancel culture is fucking retarded because it seems like it’s wrong most of the time, yet the damage is already done.

. . .is called equivocating. There is no grey area here. Dude was (perhaps still is) actively seeking out UNDERAGE fans of his. I don't know if the man is a pedophile or not (he's absolutely got the whiff about him), but that is not behavior that looks good when then others come out and make accusations of what we're calling "grooming." If this were ONE account that Roiland pushed back on as forcefully as he did with the DMV charge, then sure, benefit of the doubt. It isn't and, as far as I'm aware, dude still hasn't addressed this behavior. At BEST, the behavior appears to be true if not the implication.

Last edited:

hinch7

WB be kicking themselves. I don't know why companies keep putting Twitter and Twitter mobs on such a high pedestal. Maybe wait for proper judgement before lynching someone?

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I would start by filtering out these women that are - checks notes - underage. I'm not sure how complicated a lift that is in his new "go-go-go" social life, but I would at least start there.

Also this:

Is called equivocating. There is no grey area here. Dude was (perhaps still is) actively seeking out UNDERAGE fans of his. I don't know if the man is a pedophile or not (he's absolutely got the whiff about him), but that is not behavior that looks good when then others come out and make accusations of what we're calling "grooming." If this were ONE account that Roiland pushed back on as forcefully as he did with the DMV charge, then sure, benefit of the doubt. It isn't and, as far as I'm aware, dude still hasn't addressed this behavior. At BEST, the behavior appears to be true if not the implication.
Again, it’s easy to say all that without living his life.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Again, it’s easy to say all that without living his life.

Yes. I can easily say "it is wrong to seek out and engage in sexually charged conversations with minors, particularly those who are willingly giving one power (in this case fame)."

. . .I'm close minded like that.

daveonezero

Banned
Immoral yes but the world if full of sexual immorality. It shouldn’t be accepted especially when it involved children. But some of these girls weren’t underage.

Screen shots are easy to fake and we don’t have full conversations. The moral police have no morals or standards that is why there is push back.

Y’all are complaining about this and they are raping people on TLC. Why is this celebrated and not canceled?

In order to have some sort of criteria it has to be equally enforced.

Last edited:

Telasoo

Neo Member
Isn't that the same excuse that Jared from Subway did? He was fat through high school and girls ignored him. Gets skinny and rich from Subway and all of a sudden these girls threw themselves at him and he didnt know what to do.

Sho_Gunn

Lots of brave warriors here. Meh, edgy dumb texts to underage girls you know/are friends with is one thing and having sexual texts and advances and actually going for it with underage girls you just met is another. I dont think Roiland is in the latter but the former. Theres a million dudes dating girls younger by 20 years than them, I'm pretty sure on gaf as well but I guess thats fine eh? You'd be naive to think those couples started talking the moment she turned 18 lmao. As long as what he did was not unlawful, his job should remain.
the projection is at an all time high right here lol

the projection is at an all time high right here lol

Brady Bunch Jan GIF by MOODMAN

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Yes. I can easily say "it is wrong to seek out and engage in sexually charged conversations with minors, particularly those who are willingly giving one power (in this case fame)."

. . .I'm close minded like that.
I’ll take your position more seriously once you become rich and famous and have people throwing themselves at you.

Until then, agree to disagree.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
And I'm out. I have no idea what you think you are defending here but it doesn't need to be defended, least of all here.

. . .I was going to say "There's always one" - but there's multiple of you in this thread and all from relatively fresh accounts. Something fishy is going on here.
Welcome to the blow back from cancel culture. So much has been thrown around, some with proof, others with none (or hearsay), that people are just skeptical in general. I'd rather people move forward with increased skepticism then to just revert back to accept everything on Twitter as truth and burning everything the mob points to to the ground.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I’ll take your position more seriously once you become rich and famous and have people throwing themselves at you.

Until then, agree to disagree.

So if you became rich and famous you couldn't say you would be able to NOT pursue the people "throwing themselves at you" that are underage?

. . .well, I guess there's something to be said for knowing your limits. Also, yuck.

Koppelthorn

Banned
So if you became rich and famous you couldn't say you would be able to NOT pursue the people "throwing themselves at you" that are underage?

. . .well, I guess there's something to be said for knowing your limits. Also, yuck.
It seems a whole lot of people are "outing" themselves so to speak in this thread, which I expected some of but not to this quantity.

I also like that one guy who basically admitted there's a significant chance he would cheat on his wife given young girls were throwing themselves at him, I did not expect to laugh that hard when I should be working bahaha :messenger_grinning_sweat:

E-Cat

I also like that one guy who basically admitted there's a significant chance he would cheat on his wife given young girls were throwing themselves at him, I did not expect to laugh that hard when I should be working bahaha :messenger_grinning_sweat:
Such is real life -- often messy and ugly. At least he's being honest with himself. Does he lack character? Perhaps. It may also be possible, I would deem even likely, that he married his current wife while not at the peak of his sexual power, namely status and a high net worth. Therefore, she is "the best he could do", not his ideal woman. And even if she was ideal at the time, looks fade. Men care about looks a lot more than women do. Unless afflicted w/ some kind of a rare perversion, less than 1% of men are in a position to attain their "ideal woman". So to think that it won't fuck with your brain if you were 20 years later thrown into a situation where you could suddenly get those women seems, idk, utopian. If you think that's you, I can only say that you're a lucky man to have the kind of woman that you do.

Last edited:

nikos

Last I heard he had a bad reputation among coworkers. Surprised that he’s kinda proven innocent. I dunno what to make of this but I guess good for the fans of his work.

Would he have been “kinda” guilty had the case gone that way?

K2D

Banned
It's funny how a 17 yo is girl is a minor, but is also persuing interaction with a 30's something fuck boy-pop culture star.

It is self destructive behavior to be sure.

If someone should be canceled, it should be those of power that allowed Roland to be a raging alcoholic and still allowed him to work. Even worse if they knew about him dating and screwing teenagers.

Top Bottom