• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

J_Viper

Suicide Squad had extensive reshoots with costs in the tens of millions. I remember getting into arguments with people insisting that everything was fine with the movie.

I have faith in Joss, especially if they're giving him free reign to do his thing and fix all he can.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of Terrio's material was trashed once Joss came on.

vio

Joss Whedon, everyone.

jeOM18Q.jpg
:S

Busty

Banned
Guys, I feel like it's worth keeping in mind that if it wasn't for the Snyder's terrible family tragedy Zack would be directing these reshoots himself.

RO reshoots were not normal. They cut a lot of that movie out, hence why a pretty large amount of footage in the trailers wasn't in the final movie.

It was torn up both with reshoots and editing. They had to reframe the Harley/Joker relationship, and they couldn't just do that with existing footage.

I'll always wonder what Edwards' cut of the film was like. It showed so much promise in the trailers, but then just ended up feeling kind of flat when I saw it. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great either.

This is good news I think though. I really hope that JL is good. Hopefully Whedon has been able to salvage it!

Glass Rebel

I'll always wonder what Edwards' cut of the film was like. It showed so much promise in the trailers, but then just ended up feeling kind of flat when I saw it. It wasn't bad, just wasn't great either.

This is good news I think though. I really hope that JL is good. Hopefully Whedon has been able to salvage it!

For the record, Edwards already clarified that they did several shots just because they thought they would look nice and for shits and giggles, without the intention to use them in the final movie. He said that he straight up forgot about some of the shots that were shown in the trailers.

He probably felt like the taller frame would work better with the visuals called for in the script.

One of the more well known examples of this: Spielberg choosing to shoot 1.85:1 on Jurassic Park.

So maybe Justice League is going to feature a lot of settings/shots/vfx elements that are intended to stand pretty tall compared to our characters in the foreground, and that impact gets toned down a little when you use a wider frame like 2.39:1

Well, yeah, I get the general reasons for why one would pick a taller or wider AR. Whedon choosing a taller one to fit Hulk in The Avengers etc.

Snyder hasn't commented himself on the reason why he picked another AR for this movie then. Guess the movie will show why.

Honestly, I feel like Snyder should get a ton of credit for the fact that his movies look visually distinct and interesting. He would do a really good job as the director of cinematography. Anyone being mean to him can go fuck right off. I think you can acknowledge that his strengths are in visuals, and that its to his credit that Joss Whedon was brought on at all.

Joss Whedon I feel gets that any story is about the characters. If you don't care about the characters, then you don't care about the story (a story is what happens to/involving the characters).

Honestly, I feel like given all that has gone on, that it will ultimately work out for the best. Say what you want about Warner (and there's a lot to say), but at least once they've decided 'this is our guy', they give them the budget to do something. The visuals for DC's movies have been on point, the casting has been pretty good, but thus far, the writing and editing in a lot of these movies is the big problem in the room.

Given Whedon's track record, I think he can fix those, and WB is clearly giving him the budget and leverage to do it. If Whedon succeeds, then Snyder succeeds, because I don't think Whedon would be on the project without Snyder.

Top Bottom