• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

CREMSteve

Easiest GIF I've ever made.
superman_moustache_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbhmuhz.gif
So good. Now I need a Fassbender Perfection gif with a moustache to complete things.

Don't know why you've done a shitty gif response, but you have people confused such as this:

Or you know, get him to film a quick scene of him shaving and save yourself thousands of CGI dollars.

Paramount doesn't want Cavill to shave as it would affect continuity on their film, so it's up to WB to accommodate this and work around it.

Yeah, pretty sure the twist is that Superman is coming back as evil.

Well, if he's coming back evil then he needs to keep the tache and speak with his English accent.

Dalek

Don't know why you've done a shitty gif response, but you have people confused such as this:

Paramount doesn't want Cavill to shave as it would affect continuity on their film, so it's up to WB to accommodate this and work around it.

Well, if he's coming back evil then he needs to keep the tache and speak with his English accent.

'Ello guvnor. I'm the bloody Superman I am.

Ashhong

I've only seen the "Ultimate Cut" of BvS and it's still a mess. The "knightmare" or whatever is still out of place and insanity inducing, the final fight is janky shit with WW being the only redeemer there, etc..

I guess 300, Sucker Punch, etc... were well edited/structured from a narrative standpoint, too? I left out Suicide Squad because he is a "guest" on there, and Watchmen is highly questionable, even if I like the movie.

The knightmare scene is the only one to suffer from connective tissue. how exactly is what you said about the final fight related to connective tissue?

Bladenic

How many movies have had extensive reshoots and came out well? I swear whenever I've read about this kind of stuff, the respective movie still seems to come out being shit.

Pizza

I want all the Snyder-defenders to report front and center immediately.

This.

This is why Batman v. Superman sucked.

This is why Snyder is laughed at almost as much as Michael Bay.

Random fucking scenes with barely any explanation or connection just duct-taped together does not = movie. Much less "smart" editing or cinematography.

At least DC had the sense to bring Whedon in to make something coherent out of Snyder's insane ramblings.

What about the part where Thor and Iron Man have visions for Infinity War? Literally the same thing.

What about the part where Thor and Iron Man have visions for Infinity War? Literally the same thing.

Except they're not the same thing. Those visions are motivated by the narrative. Scarlet Witch is giving those visions to the Avengers to incapacitate them. It makes perfect sense. The BvS vision comes out of fucking nowhere and then ends without any understanding of what it was there for beyond cinematic universe set-up.

Except they're not the same thing. Those visions are motivated by the narrative. Scarlet Witch is giving those visions to the Avengers to incapacitate them. It makes perfect sense. The BvS vision comes out of fucking nowhere and then ends without any understanding of what it was there for beyond cinematic universe set-up.
It was there to show fear of Superman if he went bad, but very poorly done.

Even worst was the Cameo that follow. It shouldn't have been a dream within a dream thing.

shira

How many movies have had extensive reshoots and came out well? I swear whenever I've read about this kind of stuff, the respective movie still seems to come out being shit.
Yeah but you can spread the blame around.

A: Suicide Squad was awful
B: Yeah but they replaced the director
A: Oh

It was there to show fear of Superman if he went bad, but very poorly done.

Even worst was the Cameo that follow. It shouldn't have been a dream within a dream thing.

Sure, but at that point in the film the idea of what Superman could do if he was bad had been discussed ad nauseum. It's a lot of nonsense that doesn't fit with the narrative in a meaningful way, that is essentially just repeating an idea that the film has already explored at length.

Fezan

Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”[/QUOTE]

Link

People are too eager to jump on DC is doomed wagon. WB at least wanted for JL and was going as far to delay the film and are giving him a passion project when he returns

Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

Link

People are too eager to jump on DC is doomed wagon. WB at least wanted for JL and was going as far to delay the film and are giving him a passion project when he returns
"The directing is minimal..."

Yeah, right.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I'm convinced the Knightmare sequence in BvS hasn't been paid off yet....

Superman is probably going to be "evil" under Steppenwolfe's control, because

a) when you have a team forming to live up to/honor Superman, having them have to actually face off against Superman is totally the kind of comicbook match-up someone would come up with

b) it gives you an excuse to have Batman say "Not now. Not him." which... I mean of course that's the kind of pull they would make.

Then Batman finds Lois Lane ("the key") and breaks Supes out of it. Don't forget, Flash said himself "Am I too soon?"

shira

Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. ”The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set," says Emmerich. ”We're not introducing any new characters. It's the same characters in some new scenes. He's handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we'll still end up with a great movie."

People are too eager to jump on DC is doomed wagon. WB at least wanted for JL and was going as far to delay the film and are giving him a passion project when he returns[/QUOTE]

You don't order $25M reshoots for some new scenes and then shitcan the guy. If rumors be true

a) when you have a team forming to live up to/honor Superman, having them have to actually face off against Superman is totally the kind of comicbook match-up someone would come up with

b) it gives you an excuse to have Batman say "Not now. Not him." which... I mean of course that's the kind of pull they would make.

Then Batman finds Lois Lane ("the key") and breaks Supes out of it. Don't forget, Flash said himself "Am I too soon?"

You are expecting general fans to remember these details?

Rogue One, for a recent example. How you feel about that film is a personal opinion though.

MisterHero

I think that was the original plan, but with 2-3 years between movies I think some fans would've lost patience.

It would've been perfect for Darkseid, who thrives in subverting symbols of hope rather than destroying them. Anti-life and all that.

Shaanyboi

Banned
I think that was the original plan, but with 2-3 years between movies I think some fans would've lost patience.

It would've been perfect for Darkseid, who thrives in subverting symbols of hope rather than destroying them. Anti-life and all that.

Why the fuck they went with Steppenwolfe, I couldn't tell you.

Cipherr

I want all the Snyder-defenders to report front and center immediately.

This.

This is why Batman v. Superman sucked.

This is why Snyder is laughed at almost as much as Michael Bay.

Random fucking scenes with barely any explanation or connection just duct-taped together does not = movie. Much less "smart" editing or cinematography.

At least DC had the sense to bring Whedon in to make something coherent out of Snyder's insane ramblings.

Preach. I see this as nothing but good news and more assurance that this movie is actually going to be good this time and make a buttload of money.

Whedon has this covered, reshoot all you want dude; fix the hot mess that the film likely was when you came onboard.

MisterHero

Well he is an agent of Darkseid and it was too late to change now that JL2 disappeared.

"No Kryptonian" in the trailer seems to imply they don't have Supes either. My speculation obviously

Shaanyboi

Banned
Well he is an agent of Darkseid and it was too late to change now that JL2 disappeared.

"No Kryptonian" in the trailer seems to imply they don't have Supes either. My speculation obviously

The trailer implied that they don't have a Kryptonian protecting them. It could mean anything for now.

a916

The most notable ones are World War Z, (is Rogue One one?), and Back to the Future I believe.

Why use up one of your big main baddies on the first film? Do some character development with him through Steppenwolfe... set him up... focus on the core team getting together and once they are, then drop Darkseid.

Alienous

It leaves them room to ramp things up in a sequel.

"Oh wait, we spent a whole moving fighting the actual bad guy's henchmen?".

It's not like people know Darkseid either - Steppenwolf is about as recognizable to the general public - so they don't lose anything there.

I actually think it's a good idea, but the DCEU has a ton of good ideas that are executed poorly.

J_Viper

Not to dunk on Ben, but

1500965024588.jpg

That's gonna stick out pretty badly. Hope his part in the reshoots are minimal, because the dude clearly wasn't prepared for them

Pizza

I'm still hoping the joker kills Lois and superman fucking loses it. Hence why she's "the key." Considering BvS seemed to be hinting towards injustice, I really hope Batman tries and fails to stop the joker from killing Lois lane at some point

mjc

Snyder, after screening a rough cut of Justice League for fellow filmmakers and friends, wanted to add additional scenes, so he brought Whedon on board to write them. But as he prepared to shoot the scenes in England, Snyder realized it was not the time to leave home. “The directing is minimal and it has to adhere to the style and tone and the template that Zack set,” says Emmerich. “We’re not introducing any new characters. It’s the same characters in some new scenes. He’s handing the baton to Joss, but the course has really been set by Zack. I still believe that despite this tragedy, we’ll still end up with a great movie.”

Link

People are too eager to jump on DC is doomed wagon. WB at least wanted for JL and was going as far to delay the film and are giving him a passion project when he returns[/QUOTE]

The directing from the replacement is almost never minimal.

jelly

Not to dunk on Ben, but

1500965024588.jpg

That's gonna stick out pretty badly. Hope his part in the reshoots are minimal, because the dude clearly wasn't prepared for them

It's like they rushed him to stage and the wig wasn't put on right.

Bit of colour grading and you'll never know I suppose.

spidye

Not to dunk on Ben, but

1500965024588.jpg

Even if you compare the right pic to how he looked in bvs you can clearly observe the aftermath of his divorce and drinking problem from his face
He kinda looks sick
55f7535d0f9bd783b1d5e71a9d93107f

Vazduh

The Bourne Identity went through heavy reshoots and turned out well.

World War Z was an absolute mess behind the scenes and turned out... erm, somewhat entertaining.

Back To The Future went through extensive reshoots after R. Zemeckis realized that Eric Stoltz wasn't going to work as Marty McFly - and he filmed quite a bit of the movie since he was there for weeks!

Cheebo

Banned
Rogue One had massive reshoots yet had very good reviews and did fantastic at box office.

EGM1966

Rogue One had massive reshoots yet had very good reviews and did fantastic at box office.
You can't take one example and assume it means anything for another in this area.

Justice League might come out of the reshoots fine but just because Rouge One did is meaningless in terms of whether it will.

Rogue One for example from what I read got teapots to expand the climactic battle and make it bigger. That was unlikely to hurt its overall structure.

Justice League reshoots seem focused on non action scenes and that could impact overall structure and for sure is riskier proposition vs simply adding "more bang" to your big battle scenes.

There's little to no correlation between One films reshoots to another's in terms of whether they'll improve / weaken the film or make no difference.

Stepp is a perfect first villain for the first movie. Sets up Darkseid for the 3rd movie (and hopefully Braniac for JL #2). It was a huge issue I had with the first Avengers, when they could have fought one of Thanos' main henchmen instead of nameless soldiers.

They need him to sell the danger level though.

Stepp is a perfect first villain for the first movie. Sets up Darkseid for the 3rd movie (and hopefully Braniac for JL #2). It was a huge issue I had with the first Avengers, when they could have fought one of Thanos' main henchmen instead of nameless soldiers.

The Black Order could have been a good set of Final Bosses for Avengers 1.

sturmdogg

[

Though stars like Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot, who play Batman and Wonder Woman, aren’t working on any other projects at the moment, enabling them to be on call for the filming, other cast members such as Ezra Miller and Henry Cavill have been scrambling to accommodate the additional photography.

OMG spoiler much?

Blader

Loki was the main villain in the first Avengers, effectively acting as a henchman for Thanos.

And there will be many nameless soldiers in JL too.

Top Bottom