• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

gPFg6Vr.gif

I will not apologize for this.

edit: haha, the tracking is so off.

They really ought to stop brushing his hair in the way that completely shows his hairline.

black_13

Banned
Should've just given it to Whedon from the start. Can't imagine how hard it must be to come in and try to work out scenes that another director completed.

Still this is a good thing. I trust Whedon to make the best of the situation.

Dead

well not really...yet
Haha. Most of that trailer was the same Snyder stuff we've seen before
"Apocalyptic red skies, destructive action, demonic looking villain, Snyder iconography shots"

"Thank Joss Whedon"

Cant make this shit up. Almost as if that person had an agenda. Almost.

Cuburt

This scenario kind of reminds me of A.I. Artificial Intelligence a little bit with how Kubrick had been producing it and wanted Spielberg to direct and add his sensibilities to it but Spielberg initially refused and only came on to the project as director after Kubrick died.

It is interesting that directors with very different sensibilities, that seem almost incompatible, are brought on to a project to find a tonal middle ground of sorts. Not to mention, in this case, Whedon's strengths in writing are where Snyder's weaknesses are.

I wonder if WB pushed Snyder to work with Whedon at first because they wanted JL to be more like the Avengers, someone had to have thought of that, right? Why not bring in Whedon to help sprinkle a bit of that ensemble writing magic that helped make The Avengers into one of the highest grossing films of all time?

Geist-

If Whedon started working on it a bit sooner I might be cautiously optimistic, but right now I know it's going to be a hot mess split between two conflicting visions.

Falchion

I don't put any weight behind all the reshoot rumors. We got the same kind of negative feedback before Wonder Woman and Rogue One and both of those were fantastic.

So basically it sounds like Snyder's version of the movie was a mess and Whedon is going to be fixing it up, and not getting a big payday or much official credit for it.

I dunno, all it really means is that they caught the problems before it was too late. I highly doubt that this is a Suicide squad situation. Josh is a good director, he knows what hes doing.

And BvS wasnt a bad movie, they ruined a lot of it in the trailers and the casting i thought was meh. Like for Luthor. Just not good casting.

I wonder if we're going to yo yo between puffy and non-puffy Ben Affleck.

You can already see how badly it's being handled with him in the scene when Alfred is talking to him about penguins. Dude has a fresh shave and and looks pretty bad compared to other shots of Wayne in the trailer

Ushay

Whedon is going to make this movie rock so hard. Snyders biggest flaw is he lacks the ability to create connectivity between his awesome action scenes, which is his forte, which ended up making BvS such a confusing mess.

The fact the words 'connective tissue' were used makes me very hopeful, especially after Wonder Woman. GAF can hate all they want (like they did with WW), this si going to be a great movie. While it wont have the same impact Infinity War will have with its superb build up of individual hero movies, it will be fantastic first step for the universe.

GAF can hate all they want (like they did with WW), this si going to be a great movie.

Ushay
GAF Member
Today, 04:30 PM

You clearly enjoyed it. I watched WW twice. There are people in this GAF thread that saw it more than that, and enjoyed it plenty. This "GAF" shit is all sorts of weird..

bill0527

Wow that's some spoilery shit about Cavil..

I guess you kind of figured Superman would be coming back to DCU at some point, but damn.

Cuburt

You can already see how badly it's being handled with him in the scene when Alfred is talking to him about penguins. Dude has a fresh shave and and looks pretty bad compared to other shots of Wayne in the trailer

They can just digitally remove his stubble in post.

sflufan

Banned
They should have some fun with this: in the same scene that he's talking to another character the mustache is there, then the scene cuts to the other character, and when it returns to Superman the mustache is gone, and that keeps happening back and forth for the entire scene.

Or -- even better -- change the style of mustache from one scene to another!

Top Bottom