• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

KalBalboa

Banned
Forum members having a doom and gloom attitude is no reason to doubt the source when it's coming from Variety (or THR per the above tweet). Those are respected industry publications.

It's plenty of reason for me to feel exhausted by the usual reshoot doom and gloom cycle, which is what I said.

I swear to god, every fucking movie has this exact story come out because it is totally fucking unprovable because we know reshoots are happening.

But, we also know that Mamoa and others have been done with reshoots for weeks. So, this also feels like it doesn't fully jive.

It's Variety. It's true. Also, THR just reported that Momoa and Galdot had less reshoots than some others (2 weeks) so that still jives.

It's plenty of reason for me to feel exhausted by the usual reshoot doom and gloom cycle, which is what I said.

But you were doubting the source in your first post.

Boke1879

This is confusing though. As in, the actor is needed every day for 4 weeks? Or they're busy doing other shit, so it takes 4 weeks for them to get all their re-shoots in but are really only on set for like 10 days?

I don't think he's literally shooting everyday for 4 weeks. But for what they need him for takes 4 weeks to complete. If that makes sense.

Scenes in costume, out of costume, different sets probably have to be prepared. ADR.

Here's how you fucking do it.

Have Clark ask about the extent of Barry's abilities.

Barry: "Some of them are just... weird. I can actually move time forward in a small area if I vibrate just the right way.."

Barry puts a finger over Cavill's upper lip, it vibrates, and suddenly there's a fucking mustache. He ages Cavill's lip alone with his index finger. "That mustache is four days older than the rest of you."

Schnozberry

Forum members having a doom and gloom attitude is no reason to doubt the source when it's coming from Variety (or THR per the above tweet). Those are respected industry publications.

There are plenty of reasons to doubt unnamed sources in film industry tabloids. Numerous credible websites printed articles claiming Wonder Woman was a disaster and there were doubts as to whether the DCEU would survive the year after WW and JL flopped.

Eh, not really a small deal either. It's not like it helped.

What? Rogue One is probably the new poster child for proof that a movie can go through extensive reshoots and structural changes and still turn out for the better, going off of general audience and critical consensus.

RO probably gave Warners and other studios even more incentive to not be afraid to pull the trigger on major overhauls.

There are plenty of reasons to doubt unnamed sources in film industry tabloids. Numerous credible websites printed articles claiming Wonder Woman was a disaster and there were doubts as to whether the DCEU would survive the year after WW and JL flopped.

Were those sources Variety or THR? They are on a different level than Collider, Birth-Death-Movies, or whatever that make a lot of money by stirring up fanboy concerns.

For the action, Snyder will be praised, as usual. For any humor (if it works), Whedon I guess.

I don't see Whedon getting all the credit if this movie turns out to be a good one. But I think he's definitely molding the movie more to his liking. Firing JunkieXL and replacing him with Danny Elfman is really telling.

It's kind of already started. There's an article (I think from Wired) where the author flat out says everything good in the Comic-Con piece is all thanks to Whedon. I can see some people giving most of the credit to Joss, but I think the majority of people won't know/care.

EDIT: Found it!

CloudWolf

The line about them needing dialogue to glue the Snyder setpieces together reads like some sort of weird joke.

Also, this film is going to be terrible.

Sojgat

tumblr_inline_mok3arLX6f1qz4rgp.gif

As soon as Cavill stops scowling he becomes 10000% more like Superman.

Theater tends to increase contrast, reduce brightness, and make the general color tone closer to neutral, with warmer skin tones.

Cool tints everything closer to blue, which sometimes causes an increase in percieved contrast. Brightness goes up too, usually.
I do have eyes, Bobby.

I'm just extremely indecisive.

Edit: (I don't want this post to come off as dismissive, I do appreciate the explanation)

DocSeuss

So basically it sounds like Snyder's version of the movie was a mess and Whedon is going to be fixing it up, and not getting a big payday or much official credit for it.

Snyder had a death in the family and wasn't finished. Like, sure, I don't think his movies are very good, but come on, let's not just shit on him either.

Boke1879

How about this. Most studios would obviously not do reshoots if it can be helped. But it's not a bad thing that a movie has them. And it really just seems like it's a normal part of these big movies nowadays.

I just feel like when people see this stuff. They get the wrong impression because most people don't pay attention to the movie making process.

This is still much better than firing a director well into production and bringing in someone new.

Hi yes Superman is in this movie it's not supposed to be a surprise so I don't know why WB is acting like it is

Edit: Poster seems to be a fan one, my apologies. But the S in the latest official JL is basically confirmation.

Whatever. I just hope it's not too obvious that the scenes were written by Whedon when we watch it. Dude is pretty hit or miss with the witttiness and uses it as a crutch in almost every scene as well

But it is good that we'll be getting more hangout moments with the team after this. And thank God that Snyder's action remains intact.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hi yes Superman is in this movie it's not supposed to be a surprise so I don't know why WB is acting like it is

Here's an official poster for the movie JUSTICE LEAGUE

justice-league-poster-new-2_1200_1661_81_s.jpeg

It's weird cus the trailers make it seem like it's a surprise but everything else doesn't. I dunno, maybe the trailer guys are doing their own thing and the rest aren't giving a shit.

EGM1966

Scheduling problems inflating cost and duration of reshoots isn't a surprise I guess.

Whedon beefing up non action scenes dialogue/flow wise wouldn't surprise me either.

Torn on moustache though: would be pretty funny if they left it in (Supermsn reborn... with a mustache).

Still in cynical mode though until it's out and can be evaluated properly.

Jmille99

Just explain the moustache the same way they explained the mullet in the comics. Dont even bother with longer hair or beard. Weird side effect from Doomsday or some shit. Lets see that stache on Supes.

I personally think there might be something to the weird backlash the studio got for putting Doomsday in the BvS trailers. It was just as obvious as Superman coming back is in this one, but when they stuck it in the trailer a whole buncha fans started crying about spoilers and how key aspects of BvS were now ruined because we knew Doomsday was in it.

So now they're taking the opposite tack: Everyone knows Superman is going to be in the film, but they're going keep kayfabe anyway. The marks will appreciate it.

Mediking

Edit: Poster seems to be a fan one, my apologies. But the S in the latest official JL is basically confirmation.

They refuse to fix Cyborg's look, huh?

This is confusing though. As in, the actor is needed every day for 4 weeks? Or they're busy doing other shit, so it takes 4 weeks for them to get all their re-shoots in but are really only on set for like 10 days?

They were probably on call during that time. I imagine THR will have an article detailing what their sources told them later on.

Dead

well not really...yet
I mean it sounds sensationalized but it pretty much 100% lines up with what Snyder himself said. He wanted more character moments and enlisted Whedon to help write them and he is now shooting them.

tomtom94

I personally think there might be something to the weird backlash the studio got for putting Doomsday in the BvS trailers. It was just as obvious as Superman coming back is in this one, but when they stuck it in the trailer a whole buncha fans started crying about spoilers and how key aspects of BvS were now ruined because we knew Doomsday was in it.

So now they're taking the opposite tack: Everyone knows Superman is going to be in the film, but they're going keep kayfabe anyway. The marks will appreciate it.

You mean we could have had Cavill in the trailer with unfinished CG??

Top Bottom