• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Justice League' reshoots extensive; Up: Cavill comments on 'stache

Alienous

unbenanntqfkus.png

I can't believe they reshot this with a brighter camera.

Spaghetti

That mustache story is golden.

As for the reshoots, ehhhhh, I actually feel a bit more confident about the film knowing they were extensive and handled by a director with a better grasp on characters than Snyder.

The plot may inherently be a bit of a disjointed mess, though.

DeathyBoy

Banned
That mustache story is golden.

As for the reshoots, ehhhhh, I actually feel a bit more confident about the film knowing they were extensive and handled by a director with a better grasp on characters than Snyder.

The plot may inherently be a bit of a disjointed mess, though.

These films don't need much plot. Avengers was literally "stop bad guy using object."

Why? Because he's probably putting together a better movie?

There are probably members of the fandom for whom the redemption of Snyder's directorial reputation is as important as the redemption of the films themselves.

Basically, the real "win" would be if Justice League was critically praised, and financially successful, and the narrative regarding Snyder's aesthetics had to be shifted/reversed.

The introduction of Whedon into the mix back in like Feb/March muddies a lot of that, and introduces a narrative for us forum posters rabbling in the peanut gallery where people can probably minimize Snyder's influence on the film safely, or suggest that the increase in quality isn't due to his getting it right, but Warners getting other people to come in and fix it for him.

It's also worth considering that if, as some in here suggest, Justice League is an utter disaster why would Whedon want his figure prints all over it?

He doesn't need the money and he still has that Avengers heat so while put himself through this?

This. Whedon doesn't do this as his first post-Ultron film (even if uncredited) without reviewing the rough cut and basically saying "yep, I can work with this."

Dude jumped into a hellish meat grinder to rework a huge movie on an incredibly tight time frame. That's after Ultron's production took a huge toll on him only two years ago.

Honestly I think Whedon's presence is probably a good sign that JL was already taking pretty decent shape before Snyder had to leave.

Maledict

Please no Whedon "snappy dialogue" It worked well in the first Avengers, but by the time of the second film it was utterly out of place and depressingly predictable.

It is hard for me to see this film as anything but a mess.

Doing an ensemble before they did individual films is a such a dumb idea. They want the Marvel money. They dont want to put in the Marvel time.

I have no idea who discount IronMan is. Ditto for Aquaman. I know VERY little about Flash. I have no clue who that bad guy is supposed to be.

And that is coming from a guy who has seen almost every comic book film released so far. God know what someone who isnt into DC comics will think.

How about laying some groundwork before you do this?

blakep267

Also it feels like people are determined to not let Snyder have any success. If the movie is good or whatever, it'll all be Whedon

inky

Basically, if it is good, Whedon saved it.
If it sucks, Snyder left an unsalvageable mess behind.

Whoever wins, DC diehards lose. And it will be so fun. #narratives

Because of this, a mustache he grew for his character in the “Mission: Impossible” sequel will have to be digitally removed in post-production.

Honestly, let him keep it. Instead of the beard + mullet, have that motherfucker come back with a big ass cookie duster.

It is hard for me to see this film as anything but a mess.

Doing an ensemble before they did individual films is a such a dumb idea. They want the Marvel money. They dont want to put in the Marvel time.

I have no idea who discount IronMan is. Ditto for Aquaman. I know VERY little about Flash. I have no clue who that bad guy is supposed to be.

And that is coming from a guy who has seen almost every comic book film released so far. God know what someone who isnt into DC comics will think.

How about laying some groundwork before you do this?

So... Maybe watch the movie and find out?

Did you know who every member of the X-Men were before that film came out?

Is that seriously considered a spoiler ?

I love it.

No, it's not. It's not a spoiler at all. Superman being in the movie isn't a spoiler, or a mystery, or anything like that.

I was goofing on DCEU fans twisting themselves into scenarios where it might be Supergirl or Martian Manhunter or a Green Lantern or anything other than the guy everyone knows is making the movie, and is in the movie, and whose theme is all over the trailer, and who "all in" is pretty clearly referencing (they can't be "All" in without Superman, essentially)

Glass

I can't keep up, why was Whedon brought on in the first place? Had Synder not finishing shooting the film when his family tragedy struck?

It will be 90% Wonder Woman, since she is the new face of DC now, Batman be damned.

In reality though, reshoots can be really bad like Fan4stic or end up working just fine like Rogue One.

KalBalboa

Banned
I'm not convinced this is true.

I remember Wonder Woman reshoot rumors and stories a plenty. At this point I only give these headlines credence if it's from the studio or cast's mouth.

Sue me.

Boke1879

Again. All I'm reading is that Whedon wants some more dialogue and some scenes for connective tissue. Doesn't sound like they are shooting whole set piece action scenes.

It's going to be extensive in the fact that it's time consuming and that some of the actors are clearly about to be busy with other projects and the logistics are a bit fuzzy.

Ashhong

Is that seriously considered a spoiler ?

That Superman is in the movie isn't really a spoiler, but that Alfred is talking to Superman in that little tease could be to some. Maybe. Possibly. But it shouldn't be lol

Again. All I'm reading is that Whedon wants some more dialogue and some scenes for connective tissue. Doesn't sound like they are shooting whole set piece action scenes.

It's going to be extensive in the fact that it's time consuming and that some of the actors are clearly about to be busy with other projects and the logistics are a bit fuzzy.

There's no room for logic in here man.

Top Bottom